Votes: 7 58.3%
  • B) propose before the trip though it will be rushed

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • C) propose after the trip and orchestrate something more special

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
So I am picking up my ER today. There's been a few wrinkles in my Engagement plans due to a last minute business trip. We are heading off to a long weekend trip to NYC in a the next weekend and I was originally planning to propose there as it coincides with our dating anniversary. My plan B was to propose the day we get home as that is the actual anniversary date and thought it would be a good surprise either way and it removes the logistical issues of travelling with the ring over the border (I am from Canada). Plus I can get my friends/family to help decorate our place while we are gone to add to the surprise element when we return home. Actually I think I was leaning towards plan b vs. Proposing in NYC.

The wrinkle in the plan now is I'm being sent off to a business trip to London and to make it to my meetings I had to forego my flight home and fly directly to London from NYC. Luckily we are going to airport together as the flights coincide but I wont be flying home with her. That rules out plan b and I just feel weird to propose to her in NYC and fly off to another continent.

So I am asking for advice if I should:

A) stick with the original plan and propose in NYC.
B) propose before the trip though it will be rushed
C) propose after the trip and orchestrate something more special.

Please vote with above in the poll! Additional advice also welcome.

Thanks.

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for more votes in the poll. I just picked up the ring, and it looks fantastic.

audball

Ideal_Rock
What do you think SHE would like?

I personally want to be able to have some time to snuggle up and enjoy the newness of just being engaged. That won't work if you have to leave immediately. So I voted after you get back, plan something else. But what's most important is what you think SHE would prefer? If she's super antsy and has an inkling that it may happen in NYC, I'd probably go through with it so that you NOT proposing doesn't ruin the trip in her mind.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say stick with the original plan. You've planned it for this location and events are in place so it would work out - how romantic to have an NYC proposal! (well, i guess if you live there, perhaps a tad anti climactic, but obviously not the case in this situation ;)) )

Your business trip will only heighten her excitement when you return back to her loving arms!

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
audball|1336683002|3192375 said:
What do you think SHE would like?

I don't think she has a clue it's up. We actually decided to go to NYC pretty last minute...mainly because there was as seat sale. I think right now, she still thinks I'm shopping for a ring. We were looking at designs together online just a couple days ago. She's hasn't been demanding with this process at all...there were times recently we walked by Tiffany's and other Jewelry stores, and she didn't even want to bother to walk in. I've told her I'm going to propose this year.

I'm hoping I can arrange for a perfect moment in NYC to propose. But this NYC trip is last minute and I'm heading off to California for business on Monday, come back Thursday midnight, back in office Friday and we head off to NYC Friday after work for the 4 days then I fly straight to London. Hopefully I can get everything together. Otherwise, I will probably wait to after all the crazy travel is done.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope it works out for you - but that's one heck of a crazy schedule! do you think YOU want to propose in NYC, since you know what's up and you're the one with the jet setting ahead of you. Would YOU prefer another time so you could also be there to enjoy the excitement of the engagement and telling friends/family/etc??

You get to have input, too!! :bigsmile:

smoothmoose

Rough_Rock
I am feeling a bit rush, given all the jetsetting, but I think I should still do it first day of our trip in NYC. And probably in Central Park after we finish our foodie tour in the morning next Saturday.

Anybody have suggestions on NYC freelance photographer (for hire by the hour) that would be available to take pics during the moment? I did some searching online, but too many options.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that link Phdecorate! what a great story she created in photos!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results