shape
carat
color
clarity

LARAONLINE....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
how are you feeling?

i know you had a false alarm a few days ago - are you still with us or did the false alarm turn into the real thing??

when is your due date?

i''ve got my fingers crossed for you!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
lara -

does your non-response mean...you''re in labor??

best wishes, dear! fingers crossed for you!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think I''ve seen her on the board either. Goooood luck with everything if you are indeed in labour! Can''t wait to see pictures of your wee one soon!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hi Girls!!!

I am full as a goog (that's 'egg') and as round as one too. Honestly, I am an egg on legs!!!
It's school holidays over here, so I just struggled out with the kids to the local swimming pool today.
6.gif

They are still at the age where I have to hop in the water with them. Let me tell you, I look hilarious in my leopard skin bikini!!
I lasted an hour, then we had to waddle home.
It's all in walking distance across a park so they hassle me to go constantly!!! (to the pool, I mean)

I'm almost at the stage where I want to bring it on!
Officially, Iv'e got a week to go... little fella came early, so I was hoping / expecting this one also to be early...it has seemed like she's ready to rock!

After my false start, I felt quite blue the next day... it must be hormones, right?
But since then, she seems to have settled in for the winter, she's getting reeeeeeal comfy!!
And bigger by the minute, no doubt!!!
39.gif
21.gif

Thanks for asking after me, I love my virtual life!
2.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Lara, for your sake I hope she makes her "debut" soon!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell that little lady that her time is almost up and its time to make a move!!! Girls are stubborn you know!!
9.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Every time she moves an elbow or a knee I think, "Chr**t she feels solid!!'

I didn't remember that with the others... she's gonna be big (ETA: big FOR ME) I think !!!

32.gif

I've gone gunshy!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks for filling me/us in. remember, when that first real labor pain kicks in, you have to run to your computer an dleave a message on PS!!!

like - that''ll be the first thing on your mind, right?

seriously tho - keeping my fingers crossed for you over the next week - good luck, lara!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh -- one week left! Wow! GOOD LUCK!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
You know Whitby, I just might do that!!!
haha when my waters break, and I know I''m not chasing my tail!!

ps is it true that New York is the most beautiful and terrible city on earth? Where all good and all evil exist (the Devil being on Park Avenue? and the Saints....well...somewhere else in New York?)
33.gif
17.gif

apologies to Peter Carey ''Bliss''

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 11:49:38 AM
Author: LaraOnline
You know Whitby, I just might do that!!!

haha when my waters break, and I know I''m not chasing my tail!!

ps is it true that New York is the most beautiful and terrible city on earth? Where all good and all evil exist (the Devil being on Park Avenue? and the Saints....well...somewhere else in New York?)
33.gif
17.gif

apologies to Peter Carey ''Bliss''

hmmm - beautiful and terrible...i dont know - i suspect cities like Jerusalem might fall into that category...

but new york is a wonderful city - full of color and movement, which is what i love about it so much. it''s a hard city - very unforgiving in many ways - and yet it can be surprising warm and friendly; it''s like a grouchy man who knows they''re grouchy and occasionally surprises people with unexpected generosity or acts of kindness. it''s still a young city - without a huge sense of history - but it''s an optimistic city, with a lot of self confidence and an unthreatened attitude because of it. it will never be like beautiful, modern, laid back Sydney, but it''s edginess, wonder, sheer pace and sense of possibility make it a fabulous place to live. atroop17 lives in manhattan, i believe, whereas i live outside the city (tho tim works on wall st), so she''d have a much better sense of it than me. i do think an outsider has a unique perspective tho, and sometimes i feel as tho tim and i can see aspects of NY - both good and bad - that those who have lived here all their lives do not. on the other hand, they have a perspective and an intimacy with the place i will never attain, and i envy them that. :)

as for ''Bliss'' - to my year 12 social (prom, for all you women from the US!) i took a guy who was IN Bliss (the movie). he was only an extra (i think - might have had a small speaking part - i cant recall) and was in the restaurant scene right at the beginning where that couple were having sex on the table. i spent the entire night fighting off other girls (he was very good looking and a few years older than me) and ended up leaving early to go eat pizza, wearing a full length gown and him in a suit. we were the best dressed pair in the pizza parlor that night, that''s for sure! (that relationship was not destined to blossom - he was a bore under the good looks)

anyway - i will now TOTALLY expect an ''I''M IN LABOR!!!!!'' post! very, very good luck, Lara - i''m thinking of you!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Lara- I just wanted to say I LOVE your new picture : ) You look great!

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Also jumping in to say best of luck, whenever she chooses to come forth! I love your new pic, too, and also wanted to say (since this thread is about you!) that your posts are some of my favorite on PS. Always well-thought-out, never generic-sounding or cookie cutter, always answering the question at hand in a thoughtful manner.

I''d say your description of NYC is spot on. I think I actually saw the Devil in Brooklyn over by Indian Larry''s shop when I was walking by to pay my respects. As for the saints, I didn''t run across any...but I was only there for less than a week and New York is a big city.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 4:15:02 AM
Author: sba771

I agree!!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 7:11:21 AM
Author: Julianna
Also jumping in to say best of luck, whenever she chooses to come forth! I love your new pic, too, and also wanted to say (since this thread is about you!) that your posts are some of my favorite on PS. Always well-thought-out, never generic-sounding or cookie cutter, always answering the question at hand in a thoughtful manner.

I'd say your description of NYC is spot on. I think I actually saw the Devil in Brooklyn over by Indian Larry's shop when I was walking by to pay my respects. As for the saints, I didn't run across any...but I was only there for less than a week and New York is a big city.

Ah gawd you girls crack me up!! Thank you so much for the kind wishes!! (And for the news about where the Devil is hanging out right now... will take care to avoid...
3.gif
)
I feel big, but am still hanging on!
23.gif
Officially not due until next Wednesday, but this girl feels... well put together!
2.gif
She has settled in... why do you think I've been hanging on PS so much?!!
Because...can't...move...!

PS Thomas would like to inform you that he does not often wear purple ballerina dresses!

Whitby, thanks for your anecdote about the boy-actor from Bliss! I ADORE that book, and still have a copy on my bookshelf at all times (unfortunately, not my original, because i have given it away so many times)

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 8:01:11 AM
Author: jcarlylew

Date: 4/24/2009 4:15:02 AM
Author: sba771

I agree!!
I too love it - so cute! Hehe I even threadjacked another thread a few days ago to tell you so!
3.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
hey strawbs... did I pick it up? I must go searching... thank you so much!!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
PS Thomas would like to inform you that he does not often wear purple ballerina dresses!

Haha, you can let him know we don''t mind what he wears. I did do a double take looking at that photo though. I grew up with a friend who had a younger brother who was ALWAYS wanting to do whatever his big sister was doing. Which meant we spent a lot of time dressing him up.
19.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 10:43:23 AM
Author: mayachel

Haha, you can let him know we don''t mind what he wears. I did do a double take looking at that photo though. I grew up with a friend who had a younger brother who was ALWAYS wanting to do whatever his big sister was doing. Which meant we spent a lot of time dressing him up.
19.gif

Thomas''s father would like to inform you that T. is a MAN''S MAN, and is only dressing in that silly outfit because his sister (squeezed next to him in the photo) asked him to!
5.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
HAHAHA!!!!!!! I saw your avi in another thread and was totally confused because I could have sworn you had a son! Hilarious!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are doing Lara? Is she getting packed to move out?? LOL! Her lease is up tomorrow. Any contractions?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to organise the foot massage. My husband has torn both his hamstrings,and so is feeling very sorry for himself!

She is officially due today. Honestly, I am a whale and pretty peesed that she hasn''t come earlier! I actually feel more comfortable now that I did three weeks ago!

Doctor''s visit tomorrow (evening meal time now)
Feeling the urge to cook - could this be the ''nesting'' instinct?

*sigh*
As soon as this baby is out, it''ll be back on deck for me... my husband will do a 180 and start expecting more in the ''housewife'' department, he''s been so great with the kids... not looking forward to haing to step back up! I''m the one that does night shift around here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results