shape
carat
color
clarity

ladies, Did your ex BF invited you to his wedding?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if yes, did you go? what did you think of his new bride? did he do better or worse had he married you? :bigsmile:

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haha none of them have lol

My husband on the other hand invited a few to our wedding, one ended up being a major problem right before our first anniversary. I told my husband that I would divorce him if he wasn’t careful and then I threatened to send the text messages of her asking my husband for the photos of them during intimate sessions to her husband. I also went through all of his belongings and found the photos, I kept them for a few years till destroying them just Incase she ever thought it was appropriate to contact my husband again.

Inviting an ex to your wedding is a terrible idea u less the person you are marrying and the ex get along beforehand

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL no. :lol:

nothankyou.gif

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope and if he had I might have gone and laughed all the way thru it if he had.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never a good idea IMHO

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely not. I am still Facebook friends with a few, but would never want to hang out with them as a couple, let alone attend their wedding. More power to the couples that stay close friends and are able to be 100% platonic after dating. I am not that evolved.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I had 4 ex-Bf's before my hubby. 2 of them are still single in their mid-40's! I guess I spoiled them for all other girls :P2. They other 2 got married late, and reluctantly after knocking up their girlfriends. I was not invited to their weddings. I'm friends with all 4 on FB.

Edited to add: I think all my exes were commitment-phobes. I guess I had a "type". I knew dh was the one when he started talking marriage, white picket fence and 2.5 kids within 1 month of dating.

Last edited:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One did, but he and I were never a serious match, at least not as I saw it. He wanted to stay in a small rural town, and I was headed out like a rocket as soon as I landed a job out of state. He married the kind of subservient conventional woman a small town hot shot has to marry, neither better nor worse than me, but one who'd never buck him. Truthfully, he'd have bored me to death, I think.

I don't think he made a good husband. My mother caught him out on a "date" once, cheating with a woman who bar tends! She thought she saw him out with others also not-his-wife a few more times over the years. His wife is a nurse anesthetist, so it's not as if he didn't marry very well. I saw him and his wife together a couple of years ago, and she had the dowdy and downtrodden air of someone who's been the husband's doormat all her married life. He's a good provider, as is she, but marriage to him and a stagnant life in a small town appeared to have drained the life out of her. I am grateful that I dodged that bullet.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No, so far none of my exes invited me to their wedding.

But... an ex of mine officiated my wedding/elopement. :-o He is a performer/announcer and became ordained to perform weddings a while back (well before my wedding) and has married a number of family members and people in his social circles. He likes to brag about his track record... all 'his couples' remain happily together!

For some extra context, I rarely think of him as an ex because we've known each other and been dear friends for a whopping 33 years and we only dated for a couple of years, over a decade ago. Our non-platonic years were a bit of a unique situation and I am so grateful that when we realized we each wanted different paths for our future we were able to let each other go and move on with the appreciation and mutual respect one would have for a valued old friend.

Recently, my husband and I were at an event where my ex proposed to his (now) fiancee. She's 'better' for him as in a better match for his life goals and dreams than me! So, yes, he would have been 'worse' with me. That does not make me any less of a catch (just ask my husband!) and does not affect my self-worth :wink2: I would have been 'worse' with him, too :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results