shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Chimps Free after 30 years.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
It's like a scene from "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". {Aren't you impressed with how highbrow I am :mrgreen: ????}

iLander

Ideal_Rock
That almost made me cry. . .

I hate animals imprisoned. I hate zoos, I can't stand any of that . . . :((

I know they're out now, but they never should have been in in the first place. . .

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Ah, that was great!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
They genuinely look elated :)

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1315444042|3012193 said:
That almost made me cry. . .

I hate animals imprisoned. I hate zoos, I can't stand any of that . . . :((

I know they're out now, but they never should have been in in the first place. . .

ilander - I know zoos aren't ideal, but one good thing to remember about them is that they help to re-populate limited species.

Also they offer an environment such as this to animals who once lived in the worst conditions.

I do tend to agree though, they are meant to be free.

This really touched me.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lulu - thank you for posting this.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
This video made me both happy and sad--happy they're finally free, but so sad they've been imprisoned for most (if not all) of their lives.

My friend sent me the book "Next of Kin" by Roger Fouts. He taught chimps sign language and the book revolves around a few specific chimps (some of whom did become lab chimps). The parts of the novel about the labs will give you nightmares...because the chimps can communicate, you truly know how they feel. One chimp had a mental breakdown after going to the lab and never recovered. It's truly awful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results