shape
carat
color
clarity

knot drama

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone read the thread "No Bridal shower from Bridesmaids" from the Knot Bridal Party board? I was so shock to read their responses and thought how lucky I am a member of PS. It is like a zoo there with everyone killing one another!!!!

Thank you ladies for being so supportive and caring for each other in this community.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
zhuzhu--I haven''t read it but I can imagine. I only visited there once or twice and I couldn''t believe how mean those girls were! So why do any girls even belong to that forum--I can''t understand it! Like you, I appreciate PS girls so much!

The girls at weddingannouncer.com are nice too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m an old married lady but read that board as I was curious about all the meaness I had heard about Those girls are MEAN with a capital M. So glad you guys have PS. The support you get here is incredible.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Those gals are kNOT so nice!

I''m mostly a lurker...

sparkel

Shiny_Rock
I am mostly a lurker on PS and have never really been on the knot but this post intrigued me. I was appauled at the way that some women reacted to this post. This women was clearly looking for advice and guidance and instead was attacked!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
the knot is hit or miss. I am on two boards that fortunately have very nice girls on it. I dont touch the other boards, especially the not engaged yet one, those girls are terrible!

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I only post to a couple of local boards where the girls are nice... I stay the heck away from the rest of them!
40.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
well, there are definitely ''trolls'' on the knot boards... but it really depends what board you go on. my local board is incredibly helpful and I got so many vendor recs from them... unfortunately many new brides don''t READ the boards before the post, and don''t realize they are posting on a board that is full of the trolls.. sigh.

and ya know, after being on theknot boards a LOT, sometimes, you realize that some brides DO ask silly questions... it''s just too bad they''re eaten alive!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to stay away from the knot as much as possible. They are HORRIBLE. I have gone to my local board for a few vender suggestions since I am planning my wedding from afar.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Are they serving lemon pie?
18.gif
Maybe i'll head over...

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly thought that particular thread was pretty tame compared to others I have come across. Good thing I''ve never posted there. I would''ve been slaughtered before typing the first word.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love the information I can get from lurking, but I can''t stay on The Knot for too long...some (most) of those girls are too spoiled for me to handle. I''ve written a couple "inflammatory" posts before...not trying to start drama, but just because I''m in awe of the immaturity.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
I just checked out that thread out of curiosity and WOW, they''re brutal! How horrible
7.gif

When I first got engaged, I was so excited to go register on the Knot, and after the first few days of looking at dresses there, I haven''t used it for anything! I''ve gotten way more out of this site (incl. SMTR and LIW too) and from just Googling for other information.

And to think, this is what these women are acting like in the time that is supposed to be one of the best times of their lives! Just imagine them in a time that isn''t! Sure, wedding planning can be stressful, but a little perspective, people!

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
emdgust.gif
WOW!!!!
emdgust.gif
I cant believe how mean they were to that poor girl that posted!!!!! I am not sure but I think when people talk about Bridezillas those are the girls that are being described!!!!!
emwink.gif

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 4:28:21 PM
Author: bravesfan
emdgust.gif
WOW!!!!
emdgust.gif
I cant believe how mean they were to that poor girl that posted!!!!! I am not sure but I think when people talk about Bridezillas those are the girls that are being described!!!!!
emwink.gif
I don''t even think it''s bridezilla-ness so much as just plain catty girl b!tchiness... And that thread isn''t even that bad compared to other stuff I''ve seen. It gets unbelievably ridiculous on some of those boards (i.e. Not Engaged Yet)! It''s gotta be bad for your karma to be that mean and snarky!

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
I have tried to have very little interaction with the girls from TheKnot for the same reasons, they just seem downright mean and rude. But to be fair, I did post on a local board and the girls were nice there. I guess it depends on which board you post, but like LizzieC had mentioned, the Not Engaged Yet board is ROUGH! I am so glad for PS girls :)

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I''m lucky the DC board and the Dress board are pretty nice. Now and then we have troll but everyone knows everyone to a certain extent and are very kind to one another.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Wow! I think that officially scared me away from the knot! That was heinous and just plain cruel!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the knot is definitely take the good with the bad...when we were planning i used the hawaii board the most because it had information most relevant to planning our destination wedding, and i posted lots of questions and always got at least a few answers...and everyone was really helpful and friendly. it was on the knot that i found all my vendor recommendations for hawaii and they were exceptional vendors. i often wondered how someone used to plan a destination wedding without the internet!

but i don't think i ever went into the other boards, oh maybe the dress board a few times but other than that it seemed like a wild jungle out there. pretty frightening!

CJS924

Shiny_Rock
I've frequented the knot quite a bit, but I'm oficially tired of it...and I'm over the small bout of post-wedding blues that I've endured these past few months after our wedding!!!
9.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
One word: MEEE-YOOOWW!

That poor girl. Having a lazy MOH would be awful-- I''d feel so let down and disappointed that they didn''t care about me enough to make an effort, epsecially if I''d kindly given them a ''heads up'' list of what was expected of a MOH. (Lord knows I had no idea how much responsibility they had until a friend of mine was a MOH for an Italian wedding. HOO-EE!
23.gif
)

It sure was news to me that your Bridal Party isn''t supposed to throw you a shower. Huh? Dang, I''m expecting my girls to be whooping it up with glasses of wine and finger foods as we pour over BM dresses and laugh at how hideous some of them are. I expect gigglefests late into the night as they help me with details on the invitations, and be the ones to say kindly "Honey, you''re a sexy lady, but that gown makes you look like a scone wrapped in satin. NEXT!" when I''m trying on gowns.

When my best girl gets married, you can be sure that I will be pulling out all the stops to make her feel loved, appreciated, and supported. I will be doing everything I can to take stress off of her. Maybe it''s just because I''m fanatically loyal to my close friends, as they are to me. I just can''t relate.

That girl''s friend had an elegant exit: "After reading the list and seeing how much responsibility the MOH has, the 6 hour commute is just too much for me to do it effectively. I am honored that you asked, but you deserve to have someone who can be more readily available."

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Can someone put up a link to this infamous Knot thread? I can''t seem to find it. I have read a few other threads over there, and it seems to be a mix of attitudes. I like it here MUCH better
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results