shape
carat
color
clarity

kitchen or jewelry?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm going back to the bezel design. Thanks all for your input.

I think bezels would be beautiful, I really like how they look on a 3 stone, and it will add a little extra finger coverage too! Glad you've decided, looking forward to seeing it.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How I decided, was ask my oldest daughter. She is not a big jewelry lover but the small things she does have are eclectic. But she def preferred the bezel over the prong, and if it is ever handed down she would be first in line. Though she didn't end up having a preference for metal, we ended up having a discussion about rare earth metals, starting with gold and platinum and ending with astatine ; ) Yes she is a nerd like me.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'm going to pull the plug on this project. Its my bad because I didnt give him a specific timeline. But i assumed 6+ weeks would be enough to have it for my birthday, and that came and went. I realize I just don't care about it anymore. I'm going to take this as a sign it wasn't meant to be.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think sometimes we talk ourselves into something because we have an itch to scratch, but given time, the itch subsides. Sounds like this has been the case for you. I’m sure when the time is right, it’ll all just happen.

Did you decide to go ahead with your bedroom/bathroom Reno? :drool:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting on that too. But if I do that it will hopefully be much less involved! Main thing is to decide if I should keep the original pedestal tub shower in the bathroom, or take it out and put a walk in shower instead. I like the tub shower, but a walk in shower would take slightly less room and be easier to get in and out of, especially if I stay here long term. The idea is to carve out part of bath to put the washer and dryer. But need to decide shower situation first. Is it crazy to get rid of a pedestal tub? I do have a bathtub shower combo in other bathroom, so I will still have at least one tub in the house regardless.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it crazy to get rid of a pedestal tub?

Not crazy to make it work for you and do what makes the most sense for you and your family.

I will add however when we moved to this beach house I hated the claw foot tub in the master bathroom and wanted to remove it but laziness and so many other things happening at that time made me slow to act and fast forward almost 8 years ahead and I am loving and enjoying the claw foot tub. We have other tubs in both homes (shower tub combo) but I do not use those nor like them but for some reason am loving the separate claw foot tub here.

All this to say do what makes the most sense for you and do not worry about resale value etc. I have learned over the years it's best to live in the here and now and as long as you are enjoying what you do in your house it will make you happiest in the long run. One cannot anticipate what future buyers will want in a home so don't waste energy on being concerned with that. Just make your home exactly as you want it to be and the rest will follow.

Looking forward to seeing your renovations and sending you lots of good luck reno dust.
fairy%20dust.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Yeah I think the ring thing was kind of like, you are really excited about a movie coming out, and you read about it, and then people are seeing it and telling you about it. At some point you just lose interest in even seeing the movie. I kind of realize I was over it, when I was more excited about getting a new pair of pajama pants from Old Navy, than having this ring made! Happy fall everyone!

I do have to admit that the big tub is the BEST for taking baths in (deep and made of iron so retains the heat). But I only take baths a couple times a year. Might be better to have something that works better the other 363 days of the year.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand your feelings about the ring @partgypsy. And I don't think you're crazy for getting rid of the tub, I think you should do whatever works best for you.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I heard back from David and the stones are set. So, I guess i will get the ring. At the very least, I always wanted an "heirloom" to hand down to my daughters. So at the very least I will have gotten that out of my system. It is set a little higher than I thought, so I'm going to see if it can be set lower before I receive.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y’know @partgypsy, once you have that sparkly on your finger you just might be happy you went for it! And yes, it will make a beautiful family heirloom. I’m excited for you and can’t wait to see it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got it, and his workmanship is beautiful! It's blingier than what I'm used to wearing so will have to get used to that again. I did want it set a tad lower than it is in particular the side stones, but I guess I didn't articulate that enough. I don't think it will bother me enough to send back to tweak. 3stoneringhand1small.jpg 3stoneringhand2small.jpg

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I got it, and his workmanship is beautiful! It's blingier than what I'm used to wearing so will have to get used to that again. I did want it set a tad lower than it is in particular the side stones, but I guess I didn't articulate that enough. I don't think it will bother me enough to send back to tweak. 3stoneringhand1small.jpg 3stoneringhand2small.jpg

It is so beautiful!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to post on this thread kitchen pics! There are a few things left but overall, it is done, and I have a beautiful working dishwasher along with a stove with all 4 burners working as well as the broiler option, which was broken on my old stove. It's enjoyable to cook in my new kitchen. IMG_20181004_210841263.jpg IMG_20181004_211018558.jpg IMG_20181004_211034448.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kitchenbefore001.jpg In case people were wondering this is the kitchen after the chimney was removed (from the left side of the kitchen, which really reduced options) but before the rest of the remodel. I actually did not mind the old countertop (solid surface) or the tiling, but I couldn't reuse, so decided to change it up a little. The new kitchen has the same cabinets (mills pride), price conscious granite (golden garnet) and italian tiles, which are bright and nice in person. I kept the ceiling fan and light but added spot lighting. For some reason my photos the colors are more washed out.

I still need the toe kick, the door on the lazy susan, and refinish the flooring.

Last edited:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy, omigosh, what a difference! LOVE the changes and choices you made. Look at all that counterspace :love: And yay to getting a dishwasher. Hey, turns out you got both a kitchen and a new ring (which is absolutely beautiful btw :kiss2:). Congrats and enjoy your new kitchen and bling!:appl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know! I don't need anything for Christmas lol! And what was extra sweet the guy I'm seeing came by this weekend and installed a cat door in the new-ish back door, so old kitty can go in and out by herself. He is a good guy. What's funny is that he didn't blink an eye when I let him know about I was having a ring made. Although he is really budget minded in almost all respects, he himself has a weak spot for cars (has more than he needs), so he seems to "get it".

After wearing the ring, the height doesn't bother me (actually is set a tad lower than this other diamond ring I wear regularly). I realize the thing that feels different, is most rings I have the shank is considerably thicker, more band style, so for me the shank feels thin. I may see if he is willing to beef up the shank and to give me the feel I am looking for. But nothing is a deal breaker per se.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@partgypsy, so great to hear you're seeing a nice guy! I know through previous posts that you've been through rough times and I'm just glad to see you enjoying life. DK seems very helpful and I bet he'd be willing to thicken the band for you if he can.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have a bit of a condundrum. I've been looking forward to having a really nice ring. But through the whole process, even before I got the ring, it's not that the ring didn't scratch the itch, I just lost "the itch" in the first place. It's as beautiful as I thought it would be, but I'm in a different place.
to be honest, I'm more excited about having a cash cushion to fix up my bathroom, than, having a nice ring, no matter how nice the ring is. Am I going to get kicked off Pricescope :-o

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I have a bit of a condundrum. I've been looking forward to having a really nice ring. But through the whole process, even before I got the ring, it's not that the ring didn't scratch the itch, I just lost "the itch" in the first place. It's as beautiful as I thought it would be, but I'm in a different place.
to be honest, I'm more excited about having a cash cushion to fix up my bathroom, than, having a nice ring, no matter how nice the ring is. Am I going to get kicked off Pricescope :-o

Nope! :) Just look at the pre-loved section in which so many of us post "for sale.......I just don't wear this anymore" and you will see that so many of us want a piece of jewelry until we don't really want it anymore-no matter how beautiful it is. Sometimes we just change our mind and want something else even if that something else is not jewelry.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lol @partgypsy, you will definitely not be kicked off PS! Many of us go through periods where jewelry is just not a priority. I get it, and I wish you a quick sale if you decide to sell it.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! It's been a long strange trip the past few years. I was starting to feel this way last year, when I started making changes with the house. I was hoping maybe I would feel different once I had the stones set, but I didn't. I know it is small compared to most on here, but for me it just seems like "too much" and not in line with where I am at mentally.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well my guy who has been helping me with house projects is as slammed as I am, no no new projects until after the first of the year. So I will keep for now until I have a clear bat signal what to do.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Haha no way. Listen I chose a nice kitchen over my ring at least initially. Jewelry is nice and all but certainly not the end all be all and even PSers can agree with that...right?
Or am I going to get kicked off PS too.:lol-2:

Sometimes the most challenging thing is *knowing* what we want and doing it not as challenging as the knowing what we want that would give us the greater joy and pleasure. And sometimes it is the journey more than the product though yeah the finished kitchen and finished piece of bling can be pretty sweet too.

Wishing you peace and contentment and knowing what would bring that to you.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still want to make changes to master bathroom and so have some money wiggle room. But, it's not selling at a price where I wouldn't lose significant money. Rather keep it than sell at big loss.
What do you think, should I keep the listing up for next month or so, or remove?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still want to make changes to master bathroom and so have some money wiggle room. But, it's not selling at a price where I wouldn't lose significant money. Rather keep it than sell at big loss.
What do you think, should I keep the listing up for next month or so, or remove?

In my experience- the best time to sell pre-loved is in January or February. I know that retail diamonds sell the best in December- but from my experience that is not so for pre-loved diamonds. I think people are focusing on buying Christmas gifts for friends and family right now and may not splurge on a treat for themselves. Also some people feel more like spending after they have filed their tax returns.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Lisa rn! Maybe I will take down and repost after New year.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm late to the party here but glad you got everything: the diamond ring, kitchen remodel and man upgrade too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results