shape
carat
color
clarity

keyboard in the dishwasher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Sponge. When I load the dishwasher, I will put my kitchen sponge on the top shelf each time so it sanatizes it. I also throw out sponges frequiently . they kind of gross me out.

edited to add, be careful with wooden spoons or utensils. I had a friend that had her kitchen catch fire with a wooden spoon in the dishwasher. Soemthing about the wood, misfunctioning dishwasher and heating element.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 1:22:52 PM
Author: Chrono
Might as well throw the kids in there too while washing their dishes.
9.gif
*Snort* yeah, if only... would teenagers fit?
2.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 2:13:09 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
I throw the veggie scrub brush (it''s a real scrub brush that is meant for the floor, but I bought it just for scrubbing foods like potatoes and carrots), and the sponge too. It kills germs without having to break out the bleach. I also do the hard plastic kiddie bath toys too when they start looking icky.
Well, I just threw the dog''s flea comb in there.

Anything goes!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:08:01 PM
Author: DebShine
<<<heavy sigh>>>
8.gif
I miss having a dishwasher. I will say though - now that I have been washing by hand again, when I eventually do get a dishwasher ...

I think I''ll continue to wash glasses by hand. They don''t get that nasty white funny look to them. I dont care how much JET you use, the glasses still end up getting it.

However, for everything else, the dishwasher seems sooo much more sanitary due to heat. And as someone pointed out...
the dishwashers now aren''t the same as the dishwashers when I was growing up and my parents used to say .. ''we have three dishwasher (my sisters and I) what do we need with an electric one??''
You know what? I just read somewhere that tossing in some vinegar will help cut that look on glass--I guess it''d work in the dishwasher or sink.
(It''s probably what Jet is---freeze dried vinegar! ha)

I actually keep the heat dry off, to save money. Things seem to be dry when I unload. It does wash with hot, though.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:52:04 PM
Author: monarch64
I don''t put anything in there that doesn''t say ''dishwasher safe'' on the bottom!
9.gif
I have read before, though, that you can put your keyboard in the dishwasher.

My mother refuses to use her dishwasher and just LOVES to complain about having to wash dishes constantly.
20.gif
I never stick my hands in a sink full of dishes if I can help it--I''m a dishwasher user all the way.
Oh yeah, I''ve acrued some wonky shaped cups over the years from not paying attention....
9.gif

No matter how I''ve ever tried to do the rubber glove thing, I still get water in them. My nails would be nonexistent if I did dishes in the sink.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 3:55:14 PM
Author: asscherisme
Sponge. When I load the dishwasher, I will put my kitchen sponge on the top shelf each time so it sanatizes it. I also throw out sponges frequiently . they kind of gross me out.

edited to add, be careful with wooden spoons or utensils. I had a friend that had her kitchen catch fire with a wooden spoon in the dishwasher. Soemthing about the wood, misfunctioning dishwasher and heating element.
I''m with you on the sponge thing...

I''m terrified to leave my dryer on when I leave home, for that kind of reason.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about this:

Throw some kind of marinated fish in water tight packaging, and turn it on the hot cycle for about 15-20 minutes.

It doesn''t clean, but it does make dinner!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
HAHA nice one neat!

Well, add me to the handwasher''s club. I''m that way for three reasons.

Reason 1, my pots and pans aren''t dishwasher safe, and since i''m just cooking for myself I figure that since i''m already washing the pot, why not just do the plate, fork, and cup?

Reason 2, I''m lazy and prone to procrastination. If I put it in the dishwasher I will be out of cooking mode by the time they''re done and they''ll never get put away.

Reason 3, I only have four place settings. I also refuse to run the dishwasher unless it''s full. So I would never have plates if I waited for a full load.

And I only put plates and such in the dishwasher... I don''t use sponges.... ew. I use one of those synthetic brushes with the soap in the handle (not the kind with the sponge on the end, the one with bristles). Those stay much cleaner.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2009 4:23:50 PM
Author: justjulia

Date: 2/3/2009 3:55:14 PM
Author: asscherisme

I''m with you on the sponge thing...

I''m terrified to leave my dryer on when I leave home, for that kind of reason.
Julia, I won''t leave the house with my dryer on either. Or go to sleep with my dryer on for the same reason. Thats one of my big fears is fire. I have smoke alarms in every room as well as lots of C/O alarms, including in the laundry room!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results