shape
carat
color
clarity

Kenny you're the first person I thought of when.....

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was standing in front of the Dresden green diamond on Wednesday. Blood pressure went up a few points, respiration increased, heart was pounding -- 42 carats of stunning beauty. I think the setting is hideous though. It overwhelms the stone. Giant green diamond so drenched in white diamonds that it nearly disappears.

I thought there would be a huge crowd around it but I was the only person there firmly planted in front of it. All the other tourists gave it a brief glance and moved on. I'm thinking...."No wait, you don't understand, this is a RARE thing, don't walk away like that."

The guards slapped my fingers when I tried to take a picture so here's a stock photo.

Dresden.jpg

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My!

I'll take it and get it out of that garish piece.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I'll happily take what's left of the garish piece when Kenny's through with it! But you're both right, this beautiful stone deserves a setting that lets it shine, rather than one that totally overwhelms it.

Where did you see this beauty, Matata?

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza, Yowza, Yowza, what a beauty. You're so lucky to have seen it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh, groan!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW :$$):

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Blingy bling bling!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1312753537|2986039 said:
And I'll happily take what's left of the garish piece when Kenny's through with it! But you're both right, this beautiful stone deserves a setting that lets it shine, rather than one that totally overwhelms it.

Where did you see this beauty, Matata?

I saw it last week in the Green Vault in Dresden Germany. The museum houses the many collections of Frederic Augustus who had nearly everything he owned encrusted in gems -- even a fireplace surround which was paved in matching diamonds of approx. 5 carats each. There were also emeralds in the collection the size of eggs and with superb color.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Do you really think this little bit of jewelry is garish? I say its just a good start! :D

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
What's more romantic than a nice fire in the diamond encrusted fireplace?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results