shape
carat
color
clarity

Kat''s Reception Dress, Take 2

Which dress should be my reception dress?

• Vineyard 1501 (far left, in navy)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Vera Wang maids 23M15 (second from right, in brown)

• None of these. Keep looking.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I went reception dress shopping again today, this time with some friends. We ruled out a couple of the others I was thinking about, but these are the three that still remain. I took three friends, and each one of these a favorite for one of them. I won't tell you which one is my favorite just yet. Which one is yours?

Oh, and I would get all of these in ivory if they were "the one". The last dress is my wedding dress, if it matters.

kat.dresses.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the poor picture quality on the Vineyard dress. I was sneaking photos and it was the best I could do.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely the Siri! It looks amazing on you!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...I think I like the Vera Wang but I''m not sure it is the clear winner...

What ''look'' are you going for?

what made you want a reception dress? Just thinking if we have more info we can help more!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didnt vote, but if I had to choose out of any of these (none of which I get WOW from...probably because of the color) I''d still steer clear of # 3. The other 2 look very nice on you...but the third one still doesnt do it for me with you FAB figure. I dont know what your budget is...but I I could live though you...I''d get the melissa sweet mari
31.gif

Thats just because its super wedding dressy and short and TDF. However, that being said, I do like the first two..but probably the 2nd one better!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:22:06 PM
Author: october2008bride
Hmm...I think I like the Vera Wang but I''m not sure it is the clear winner...

What ''look'' are you going for?

what made you want a reception dress? Just thinking if we have more info we can help more!

Good questions. I kinda got bullied into a reception dress by FI. We are having our wedding in Ecuador with our parents and siblings only. Then, we are having a 250 person reception/celebration at home when we return. He doesn''t want to wear a suit for the whole celebration (and the attire for guests will be business casual), so we are changing after dinner. It is going to be an honest party, so I also want to be able to move, be crazy, and have fun.

As for my "look", that is a harder question. For the wedding, I am going for a modern glam chic with a hint of vintage. For the reception, though, I hadn''t thought about it as much. Maybe whimsical glam (if that exists).

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:22:40 PM
Author: redrose229
I didnt vote, but if I had to choose out of any of these (none of which I get WOW from...probably because of the color) I''d still steer clear of # 3. The other 2 look very nice on you...but the third one still doesnt do it for me with you FAB figure. I dont know what your budget is...but I I could live though you...I''d get the melissa sweet mari
31.gif

Thats just because its super wedding dressy and short and TDF. However, that being said, I do like the first two..but probably the 2nd one better!

I wish I could afford the Mari! I blew that part of my budget on shoes, lol. Thanks for thinking I could pull it off--it is quite a dress!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:20:16 PM
Author: kama_s
Definitely the Siri! It looks amazing on you!

Thanks, kama!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love the Siri on you! That''d be my pick.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:56:35 PM
Author: EBree
I love the Siri on you! That''d be my pick.
Me too! I like the neckline the most!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the bodice detail on the Siri, but the way the skirt falls looks awkward to me, so... I''m voting for the Vineyard.

I know you''d have a huge choice of colors with the Siri -- how about the Vineyard?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
My vote''s still for the Vera. I think that in your size & in ivory!! - you''ll be a knockout in that dress.
It''s so super cute ... I just think that it''s something intangible about it that I see .... Seems to me that possibly it''s the fact that that style is really "you" and what you are seeking. I think it''s perfect. It just suits you and the occasion! Funny story ... I think I had a dream about you and this dress the other night. I think that you decided to go with something else and I was so sad. It was kind of crazy but while I was typing up this response I just remembered ... okeeeey - maybe I''ve been spending a little too much time on PS lately.
1.gif

That being said ... you + siri dress = fabulous as well. You look terrific in that dress and the color looks great on you!

get the Vera
31.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
To be honest, I think they all look good on you but I''m not loving any of them. However, of the three, I like the Sari the best.

Have you considered Jenny Yoo? www.jennyyoo.com. I went to her shop and their bridesmaids dresses/wedding alternative dresses are super cute and fairly affordable.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I was just looking at BM designer sites that I liked and it made me remember that I tried on the Thread Tyler dress on my first dress shopping trip. I went to try on the Thread Stella, but they didn't have it. Anyways, the Tyler has a similar style to the Vera maids dress, but it fits me way better. Since in my last thread about this a lot of you said you might like the Vera better if it fit me, I thought this could help.

Also, I am trying to find a place nearby that sells Lela Rose BM dresses (the website says the closest place is 200 miles away and I am not sure I believe that). I would like to try on this one, this one, and this one.

ETA: Not sure what the heck I am doing in the pics. Maybe the chicken dance?

kat.thread.tyler.JPG

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to eBree and Freke for your votes on the Siri.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 12:31:02 AM
Author: VRBeauty
I like the bodice detail on the Siri, but the way the skirt falls looks awkward to me, so... I''m voting for the Vineyard.

I know you''d have a huge choice of colors with the Siri -- how about the Vineyard?

Most of the Vineyard dresses only come in darker gem tones, but this one comes in several colors. I would probably only go with ivory.

I kinda feel the same about the Siri. The SA told me that is was because the sample was too long, and the length is off, but I am not sure it would fully correct it.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 1:20:10 AM
Author: Sparkalicious
My vote''s still for the Vera. I think that in your size & in ivory!! - you''ll be a knockout in that dress.

It''s so super cute ... I just think that it''s something intangible about it that I see .... Seems to me that possibly it''s the fact that that style is really ''you'' and what you are seeking. I think it''s perfect. It just suits you and the occasion! Funny story ... I think I had a dream about you and this dress the other night. I think that you decided to go with something else and I was so sad. It was kind of crazy but while I was typing up this response I just remembered ... okeeeey - maybe I''ve been spending a little too much time on PS lately.
1.gif

That being said ... you + siri dress = fabulous as well. You look terrific in that dress and the color looks great on you!

get the Vera
31.gif

Ha! That is great! I would hate to make you sad, Spark! It is still my favorite, too, but it does concern me that it is the least favorite of (most of) the rest of the PSers. It just looks a bit nicer to me than the others. The other two seem a bit more pedestrian, but maybe that is what I should go with for a casual party. I have until May to still get in under the lead times, so we''ll see.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 3:33:46 PM
Author: panda08
To be honest, I think they all look good on you but I''m not loving any of them. However, of the three, I like the Sari the best.

Have you considered Jenny Yoo? www.jennyyoo.com. I went to her shop and their bridesmaids dresses/wedding alternative dresses are super cute and fairly affordable.

Thanks, Panda. You know what? I flipping love Jenny Yoo--like to the point of obsession. But, she only offers white or ivory in the "Wedding Alternatives" line, most of which are long or strapless (neither of which are conducive to my body shape) or styles I didn''t really like. All her short styles I love aren''t offered as Wedding Alternatives. I even went so far as to e-mail them to ask about getting the Marni as in the bridal fabrics and was told no
39.gif
7.gif
. But her line is AMAZING!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Katamari, have you seen this dress? I know not everyone likes David's Bridal, but it's ivory and similar to the Vera, only longer. I thought it might be your style...?

ETA: I also love the Siri, but it's difficult to tell what the Vineyard looks like from the pic. I think they all look nice though.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm...I don''t know then. Just make sure you find something that you feel as good in as your wedding dress because otherwise, you won''t want to take the wedding dress off!!

I personally think they all look quite nice, but not "I''m the bride but just in a more fun dress" way.

Didn''t someone recently buy a short bridal gown that was super cute?

Hmm...let me think!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
To be honest, I''m not madly keen on any of them. If I had to pick one it would be the Siri but I think that you could probably do better.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Kat, I voted against the majority. I like the Vineyard on you the best; I think the neckline, shape and length is very flattering. The other two are just meh, imho.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 11:33:07 PM
Author: katamari

Good questions. I kinda got bullied into a reception dress by FI. We are having our wedding in Ecuador with our parents and siblings only. Then, we are having a 250 person reception/celebration at home when we return. He doesn''t want to wear a suit for the whole celebration (and the attire for guests will be business casual), so we are changing after dinner. It is going to be an honest party, so I also want to be able to move, be crazy, and have fun.

As for my ''look'', that is a harder question. For the wedding, I am going for a modern glam chic with a hint of vintage. For the reception, though, I hadn''t thought about it as much. Maybe whimsical glam (if that exists).

SIri has some styles that would allow you to extend that modern glam/chick/hint of vintage feel to your reception, if you want. Have you considered the Vivien Leigh:

http://www.siriinc.com/br-9455.html
http://www.siriinc.com/sod-5878b.html

or the Peggy Lee?
http://www.siriinc.com/sod-5953a.html

(Sorry about not including hyperlinks... still getting used to my new computer!)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Siri Harvard is fab on you, very flattering. The vineyard is my second favourite.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
I love the Siri, I think it looks gorgeous on you!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:08:18 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Katamari, have you seen this dress? I know not everyone likes David''s Bridal, but it''s ivory and similar to the Vera, only longer. I thought it might be your style...?

ETA: I also love the Siri, but it''s difficult to tell what the Vineyard looks like from the pic. I think they all look nice though.

I always thought the $99 David''s dress was a myth--much like Sasquatch. This is certainly worth looking into. Thanks!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:57:52 AM
Hmm...I don''t know then. Just make sure you find something that you feel as good in as your wedding dress because otherwise, you won''t want to take the wedding dress off!!

I personally think they all look quite nice, but not ''I''m the bride but just in a more fun dress'' way.

Didn''t someone recently buy a short bridal gown that was super cute?

Hmm...let me think!

Probably Emeraldlover and luvbug. They both got the Melissa Sweet Mari, and it is fantastic. But a bit out of my budget unless I can find it used.

I will be wearing my real wedding dress through dinner, so I could always get my "I''m the bride" fix in the first couple hours.

Thanks!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 6:46:32 AM
Author: bee*
To be honest, I''m not madly keen on any of them. If I had to pick one it would be the Siri but I think that you could probably do better.

Thanks, bee. I''ve got about a month and a half to make it under most leads. Plus, looking is always fun. I would never cheat on my FI, of course, but I have no problem cheating on dresses.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:15:47 PM
Author: pocahontas
Kat, I voted against the majority. I like the Vineyard on you the best; I think the neckline, shape and length is very flattering. The other two are just meh, imho.

Thanks, pochahontas! I wish I could have sneaked a better picture of that dress. It is casual enough that I am thinking about ordering it in another color, even if I don''t get it for the reception.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 5:59:24 PM
Author: VRBeauty
Date: 3/20/2009 11:33:07 PM

Author: katamari

As for my ''look'', that is a harder question. For the wedding, I am going for a modern glam chic with a hint of vintage. For the reception, though, I hadn''t thought about it as much. Maybe whimsical glam (if that exists).

SIri has some styles that would allow you to extend that modern glam/chick/hint of vintage feel to your reception, if you want. Have you considered the Vivien Leigh:

http://www.siriinc.com/br-9455.html

http://www.siriinc.com/sod-5878b.html

or the Peggy Lee?

http://www.siriinc.com/sod-5953a.html

(Sorry about not including hyperlinks... still getting used to my new computer!)

I love both these dresses! The Vivian Leigh was in the running, but my friends thought it was more vintage than I could pull off.
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results