shape
carat
color
clarity

job of 8 yr.old boy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JR320

Shiny_Rock
Well, today I asked some of my cousins to be in the wedding party. I asked 3 of my female cousins to be bridesmaids and another 5-year-old cousin to be the flower girl. FI asked another of my cousins to be a groomsman (he is only 13). But they are big buddies and he is really excited about it.

Anyway, I have another cousin who will be 8 by the time the wedding comes and he is a boy. When all the wedding talk started up at dinner tonight, he started asking if he could be in it too. He is the brother of the flower girl. I didn''t think he would care, and I felt really bad that he felt left out. Somehow, he got the idea in his head that he wanted to pass out the programs and he was going around practicing it just being silly. He was even talking about how he could wear his suit.

Now, I am personally fine with having him pass out programs! I just always kinda thought that was a job that was traditionally for a girl.

What do you guys think?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be so sweet of you to let him participate by passing out programs. My son was a ring bearer when her was about 8 or 9 and to this day (he's in college) it brings a real proud smile on his face when he remembers wearing the little tuxedo and helping at such a special and important occasion.

You'll probably need 2 people handing out programs. Do you have another in mind?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
At 8 I would say he is the perfect age to either be a ring bearer or a junior groomsman, if you make him either you can get him to hand out programs as well.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You could also have him be an usher.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG, that is just the cutest thing ever.

Marriages and weddings well they always remind me of family. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT when the kids are involved... like 16 yr olds are the guest book attendant... and I never considered an 8 yr old handing out the programs.... but some 8 yr olds are very responisble... and this would be perfect... even if they mess up. If I were a guest, and an 8 yr old was handing me thr program, I think I would gush. It would be something I''d remember forever... just one of those cute things about a wedding, that I''d take with me when I left. There is always something soo unique, and adorable about a wedding... that would be mine.

I LOVE THE IDEA, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
i think anywhere you''d be comfortable having him involved would be really sweet. we had my DH''s son (who was 9 at the time) read the Irish Blessing during our ceremony--it''s still the part of the wedding that people talk about most because he was so adorable! if you don''t have a ringbearer yet, that''d be a good job for him, too, with him being a little older than your flower girl and since they already know each other. if there''s any chance she might get stage fright on the big day, he''d probably be great at herding her down the aisle with minimal fuss!

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
I think that if he''d like to pass out the programs, let him do so! It''s so sweet that he''s so enthusiastic about it. Besides, I think that the job is gender-neutral anyway (as in, it doesn''t require anything that only a girl can do).
1.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I had 2 cousins, a boy on my side and a girl on dh''s, that were around that age and feeling a bit left out, so we had them pass out programs as well. I think it would be fine if he wanted to do that. My boy cousin, however, still felt left out because his little brother was the ring bearer, and this cousin ended up walking down the aisle behind teh flower girl and ring bearer wihtout me knowing because he wanted to be part of the procession.

JR320

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the thoughts, I''m glad you all think this is a great idea too!

We weren''t planning on having a ring bearer, just because I couldn''t think of anyone off hand to fill the role. I guess I had in my mind that he was too old to be a ring bearer (He actually was one in my sister''s wedding 4 years ago!) So maybe that is an option. I may just talk to his mother and see which role she thinks is most appropriate for him.

tlh - I couldn''t agree more! I have a lot of kids in my family (and there always have been over the years!)... When people talk about having weddings without kids, its just hard for me to understand. We have over 30 children who will be guests at the wedding and they know how to celebrate! FI also has a 7-year-old female cousin that he would like to include, so maybe we have the two of them pass out the programs/birdseed and then someone a little older to tend the guestbook and "watch after" their jobs so to speak. I definitely won''t mind if any of the kids involved "mess up"!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
It really doesn''t matter whose job it''s ''supposed'' to be. As long as you and FI and his cousin are happy, then that''s all that matters. He will look adorable in a little suit though
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results