shape
carat
color
clarity

Job Dust and Bling Sight Seeing

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
First, could I have some dust please? I had a pretty good job interview this morning and I really want this to work out.

Now, for the fun part. This office is right beside the best, fanciest and most expensive shopping center here. So, after the interview was finished, I hopped over for some window shopping and jewelry sight seeing. A lot of big, gorgeous diamonds, including an amazing diamond choker, with very detailed metalwork. But the highlight of the trip were the emeralds. Emeralds are apparently very hot right now - all the good jewelry stores had a nice display of them. The best were set in a pair of earrings. Each emerald was the size of my thumbnail (so around half an inch on each side), nicely clear for emeralds and that deep, velvety glow. And each earring hung from a 2.5ct trilliant "accent" diamond. Drool.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
DUST to you! :wavey:

I think it just might work (knock on wood! spit three times!) because last week was a new moon and there's a lot of renewal in the air.

Dust for you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of dust so you can get that job and then go right next door and buy something to celebrate with!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
::JOB DUST::!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The job fell through - they decided that, in the end, they wanted someone with experience in their particular industry, which I was always upfront that I didn't have (and that was waved aside at the beginning).

It is weird. I had decided that I was leaving the formal office career (after too many years as a management consultant) and focusing on my jewelry and doing freelance consulting work and some translating to pay my bills. Then, I was contacted about this opening and started questioning myself. Having a steady paycheck would be a huge relief, but also would feel like I was letting go of my dreams. And, in a way, this opportunity felt like a last chance to go back to this safer life. Oh, boy, am I feeling confused.

And the Gene ruby is going to stay unset for a lot longer now... Gold is strictly for inventory at the moment.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results