shape
carat
color
clarity

Jambalaya -- I have a brain cramp because of you

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. I just finished reading Quantum Enigma and literally have a huge brain cramp. The way the authors write is very dense and really makes one think. My understanding came in spurts like a light bulb getting ready to die (flicker flicker burn bright flicker) or an engine that can't quite turn over and if my brain could make sounds it would have sounded like "cough, cough, UNDERSTANDING BLOOMS, wheeeeze, start over, cough cough...." The only other time I had a brain cramp this bad was when I was studying semiotics.

Anyway, it was an interesting read. May your waviness never collapse :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haahaaaa, Matata!

Hold on a minute - I only posted about that book a few days ago! You read the whole thing already? Res-pect!

I read about 25% of it, I think, before my brain curled up and died. A pity because it's so fascinating. The book, not my brain. What about that Hut Couple experiment? Freaky, isn't it? And the stuff that seems to imply we do exist in a different form somewhere else after death - is that right, or am I getting a bit lost?

If I read it all through my brain will explode, and then there will be pink glitter everywhere. I don't hold out much hope but I am definitely going to try again.

I can't believe you read it all quite quickly and understood it!

Matata for President! :D

ETA: I will watch the link when my family has finished watching TV - lost my headphones.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love to read that kind of stuff and can't stop once I start. The book had a huge impact on my dreams. The double hut experiment was the main reason for the brain cramp. And while it wasn't covered in the book, I kept remembering all the data that physics has to prove that we are living in a holographic universe. And then you have to also account for Einstein's spacetime theory which says the past present future exist simultaneously -- which makes sense if we're holograms and proves both the double slit interference and the double hut experiment. I'd have to read the book a gazillion more times to fully understand a tenth of it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so relieved it's not just me who can't understand it. I'll have to try to find myself a simpler book. Quantum Enigma was meant to be for the layperson!! Yeah - right!

I looked up the holographic principle and I can't say I understand that, either!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Great. Another book on my To Read list, just because I am a glutton for punishment.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lady_Disdain|1457032403|3999207 said:
Great. Another book on my To Read list, just because I am a glutton for punishment.
The last couple of chapters on consciousness are intriguing. You will be punished to your heart's content.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results