shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s happening...STRESSED

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
This may be TMI...just a warning.

I STILL haven''t started my period and I''m a week late. Which means I will be on it on my wedding and part of my honeymoon.

I am up 6 lbs and swollen.

FI picked a hideous shirt to go with his suit.

He still need to confirm things with the minister and DJ. FI still needs to finish a CD to give to DJ.

I have 2 evenings to clean my house.

My awesome makeup artist is in the hospital. (That''s sounds extremely selfish)

My friend is picking up my dress after work today because I have an appointment. I''m scared it''s still going to look sloppy (I didn''t post about how the alterations looked sloppy).

My friends are pissing me off and pretty much not treating me like I would (or HAVE) treated them during their wedding(s).

Work is ridiculously busy and I have a lot to do in 2 days. I can''t focus on that.

I promised myself I wouldn''t stress like this and it''s happening. Times 100.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh, hugs!
Such a lot on your plate, but you have conquered far more in the past and are now entering a great new stage.
You are a tough cookie, good luck with everything.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. you''re PMSing & maybe you''ll feel better when it starts!
1.gif

2. you''re getting MARRIED!
9.gif

3. the big day will be such a wonderful whirl nothing will matter
4. you''ll be pretty pooped the first couple days of the honeymoon *anyway*
5. yea!!! you''re getting MARRIED ... did I mention that!

hugs! you''ll get through it! forget perfection - just do what you can do!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 9:43:24 AM
Author: decodelighted
1. you''re PMSing & maybe you''ll feel better when it starts!
1.gif

2. you''re getting MARRIED!
9.gif

3. the big day will be such a wonderful whirl nothing will matter
4. you''ll be pretty pooped the first couple days of the honeymoon *anyway*
5. yea!!! you''re getting MARRIED ... did I mention that!

hugs! you''ll get through it! forget perfection - just do what you can do!
Ditto! Everything will work out in the end and you will be married!! Just focus on what you can control and just let everything else be. You will be a stunning bride!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oh C-lub, don''t worry so much. First of all, you are BEAUTIFUL, and I am sure you will look that way even if the dress is a little sloppy in your eyes (no one else will notice) even if you have 6 extra pounds (that''s hardly anything to speak of, plus you are probably just retaining water due to it being close to your T.O.M. Women typically do gain 4-6 lbs around the time of their periods, so that may go away. Just avoid anything with salt in it, and you''ll be fine!)

Your honeymoon will be AMAZING regardless of what your body decides to do. You''ll be in paradise, and it''s pretty hard to be miserable in paradise, right?

WORK is a great distraction from all the other things you are worried about. (Okay, so maybe it''s an annoying distraction, but, hey, it''s something)

I am CERTAIN everything will be lovely! I look forward to seeing your future wedding photos post because it''s going to be amazingly beautiful!

Hang in there. You''re getting married YAY!

And if all else fails, vent to P.S. some more.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''m feeling exactly like you are... and I just keep telling myself that no matter what happens or how many people are there or if they''re happy with what we''ve done or regarless of the weather or if the pewbows are the tackiest I''ve ever seen or if our videographer is a no-show... In the end, we''ll still be married, and that''s the important thing. All those things will not make our marriage better or worse.

It''s almost over! Just focus on the important things and let the other stuff go. You''ll feel better for it! Big hugs to you.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
About the sloppy alterations on your dress... Mine were a bit sloppy too and my dress is still a bit too big at the bust so it doesn''t hold up very well and looks sort of wrinkly and blah, but I figured out with my mom that if I just hitch it up and stick it to myself with double-faced tape it looks great. Is there some trick that you can figure out with your mom or a friend? The miracles we can do with safety pins, some thread or tape...

Also, have you thought about having a housekeeper clean up your house for this once? It''d be a lot less pressure on you.

Hugs again!

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
oh man oh man oh man Courtney - I can totally relate! I have 11 days left until the wedding and I''m stressed out waaaaay more than I ever thought I would be.

Mainly, it''s because of our band - who I never get straight answers from. I''ve finally delegated that task to FI...

Anchor - a housekeeper to clean the house before leaving for the wedding is an OUTSTANDING idea! oh man oh man....I need the number to Merry Maids right now!

Good luck Courtney! You''ll be a gorgeous bride and have an amazing honeymoon! Can''t wait to see pics!!!
35.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Oh my Courtney!! eirfh4uh I am so sorry! Man that is a bunch going on at one time. Okay, take a deep breath. It''s going to work out, I promise. It may not be perfect (e.g. period..nothing we can do about that)..but there has to be something we can do about everything else. Any chance on getting FI to change his shirt?
31.gif

Anyway, like decodelighted said..YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It may not be how you envisioned it 100%, but it is finally here!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2008 9:15:34 AM
Author:Courtneylub
This may be TMI...just a warning.

I STILL haven't started my period and I'm a week late. Which means I will be on it on my wedding and part of my honeymoon.

That sucks. You'll deal with it, but that sucks.

I am up 6 lbs and swollen.

You looked awesome in the pictures from your bachelorette...if it's really bothering you can you increase your exercise routine?

FI picked a hideous shirt to go with his suit.

Your FI is going to look handsome, hideous shirt or not. And even if he doesn't look perfect you'll probably forget once he whipers something about you being his sweet sugar mama in your ear.
2.gif

He still need to confirm things with the minister and DJ. FI still needs to finish a CD to give to DJ.

We left this to the last minute too - major stress the last couple of days - but we got it done.

I have 2 evenings to clean my house.

My awesome makeup artist is in the hospital. (That's sounds extremely selfish)

My friend is picking up my dress after work today because I have an appointment. I'm scared it's still going to look sloppy (I didn't post about how the alterations looked sloppy).

My friends are pissing me off and pretty much not treating me like I would (or HAVE) treated them during their wedding(s).

What are your friends doing? Same bunch from your bachelorette?

Work is ridiculously busy and I have a lot to do in 2 days. I can't focus on that.

Work sucks! haha But that's always the case!

I promised myself I wouldn't stress like this and it's happening. Times 100.

Yes you did. It's what you've been saying all along, about not sweating the small stuff. Can you make believe I had posted this (you know I tend to overanlayze!) and see which of these things are small stuff, once you look at it from far away?

Not too long ago, you said that your wedding is going to be simple, and beautiful. And it will be!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
You girls are so sweet. I''m feeling a little better now due to the great PSer''s comments, my FI calming me down, some midol, and getting the meeting with the boss out of the way.

claudinam - You are so right!

I will post the makeup update on the other thread to keep consistent.

My friends are fine...in fact most are being great. There were just a couple of little things I let get to me. Some that are coming from out of town (good friends), I wanted to hang out with me like bridesmaids would, but I guess that''s what I get for not having any. It is perfectly fine and I''m still glad I made that decision!

Again, thanks so much girls. I''m feeling better.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honey, I''m so sorry you''re feeling so stressed.
Take a deep breath, focus on what you have control over right now, and take at least twenty minutes today to do something that has nothing to do with the wedding or preparing for it--even if it''s just picking up an indulgent mag and reading it in a bookstore for a bit. Clear your head. Forget about everything for a tiny bit of time. And then return to it refreshed and ready to CONQUER!

You''re gorgeous, Courtney. You are going to look stunning and your wedding is going to be a fabulous, exciting, emotional, joyous day. I promise.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
OH GOOD! While I feel sorry for you 100% I am in the EXACT same boat. I am 4lbs heavier, and waiting to start mine (it was due yesterday---my wedding is the 25th) but since I get nervous, I tend to run late which would/has it start on the 24th or 25th!

I feel awful! It is just the worst ever....

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 2:31:57 PM
Author: UCLABelle
OH GOOD! While I feel sorry for you 100% I am in the EXACT same boat. I am 4lbs heavier, and waiting to start mine (it was due yesterday---my wedding is the 25th) but since I get nervous, I tend to run late which would/has it start on the 24th or 25th!

Yep, we are date twins and apparantly LATE period twins as well! Awesome.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 2:39:51 PM
Author: Courtneylub

Date: 7/22/2008 2:31:57 PM

Yep, we are date twins and apparantly LATE period twins as well! Awesome.
Aw thats the worst girls! That is something I worry ALOT about and Im not even engaged yet. I feel for you both..........
39.gif
(I mean, how can you possibly plan around it when it just shows up whenever it feels like it? lol)
Just remember that you are getting married!!!!!!! At least this part is exciting.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Courtneylub- I know----we have bad luck
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
Oh well, I am sure we are feeling the exact same emotions right now (heck, I have a pile of work but am on PS to calm me down!).....

Dreamgirl- Thanks for the reminder and kind words :)

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, thanks dreamgirl. I appreciate it.

UCLA - maybe it won''t be so bad. If I start tomorrow, I can be done by Sunday. We don''t leave for the Bahamas until Monday. OR if it continues to be late...I could start Saturday (not Friday!) and still be done by Tuesday or Wednesday and enjoy the rest of the honeymoon.

What''s your schedule like?

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I only have a mini-moon, so there is nothing to worry about in terms of having on an actual honeymoon
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
We moved ours to next June due to a job change and starting yet another grad program, hehe.

At least you will have a few days in the Bahamas without it! I went there two years ago....had a great time! Where are you staying?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I still wish you both all the happiness in the world!!! And a quick congrats to you!!!
35.gif
(and maybe "it" will happen sooner rather than later!)

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 4:48:13 PM
I only have a mini-moon, so there is nothing to worry about in terms of having on an actual honeymoon
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
We moved ours to next June due to a job change and starting yet another grad program, hehe.

At least you will have a few days in the Bahamas without it! I went there two years ago....had a great time! Where are you staying?
Staying at Atlantis for 2 nights and then flying to Exuma and staying in a Villa for 3 nights! I cannot wait!!

Hey, nothing wrong with a mini-moon and then one next June! Something huge to look forward to!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
1. Forget about cleaning the house. The hell with it. Go work out instead and get an endorphin boost.
2. Your period is late because you're so stressed. Get a massage or do other relaxation therapy. Much sympathy for being on your period during the wedding and a part of the honeymoon, though. That sucks.
3. Don't stress about your dress. It may be a non-issue. The alterations may be perfect.
4. If your makeup isn't perfect the only person who will notice is you. Hopefully you have another person for that day.
5. You can't control how other people act. Take the high road.
6. Get a lot of sleep.
7. Eat right. NO sugar or junk food. It will just make you feel worse.
8. Work will still be there when you get back from your honeymoon. Do the best you can with the time you have and then let it go. Nobody ever complained at the end of their life that they wish they had spent more time at work.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
AWW! That sucks so bad that you''re going to have your period on you wedding day! And honeymoon!!! I''m sorry, I feel so bad for you! I would be just as upset if not more! I can understand that you''re stressed out! I know everyone else has probably told you this, but just so you hear it again, YOU''RE GETTING MARRIED!!! All the best wishes for you! You''re in my prayers and I just hope that you have time for yourself! Like March said, work will still be there when you get back! How often are you going to get married? Seriously! This time is about you and your VERY SOON-to-be hubby! Enjoy it! Good luck with it, and try to relax!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results