shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this appropriate for a wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys!

Do you think this dress will be appropriate for a 4 o''clock ranch wedding reception? If so, what kind of shoes should I wear so I can look a bit more festive?

I don''t think the event will be too formal but they have asked for coctail attire.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=225468&CategoryID=2916&PartnerID=SHP&cm_mmc=PMD-_-Froogle-_-Product_Terms-_-Calvin_Klein_Petites''_Sleeveless_Sheath_Dress_with_Pintuck&utm_source=GoogleProduct&utm_medium=organic#mainProductImage

Thank you!!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
a little black dress will be fine...that''s a go to color and style. You can go with Silver strappy heals or gold depending on your accessories

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
The dress is lovely, a friend of mine wore something similar to a wedding recently (and she looked amazing) but she had on this amazing beautiful belt that really set the tone of the whole dress. I think if you were to wear that I would switch out the belt for something more fun :).

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
That''s a really cute dress! And I agree, a little black dress works for every occasion depending on what you dress it up with
1.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks atroop! I haven''t thought of silver...thanks!

deelight, thank you! I didn''t even think to change out the belt! that would open up more options!!
1.gif

Thank you monkeypie!! I''m hoping I can wear this dress again....I have several dresses that I wore only once to weddings and I am not going to let that happen again!! lol.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 10:17:20 AM
Author: idreamofice
Thanks atroop! I haven''t thought of silver...thanks!

deelight, thank you! I didn''t even think to change out the belt! that would open up more options!!
1.gif

Thank you monkeypie!! I''m hoping I can wear this dress again....I have several dresses that I wore only once to weddings and I am not going to let that happen again!! lol.

Your welcome :) I think this the belt she wore the one on the left and it looked fantastic really gave the dress a party edge :)

http://www.powerhouse-mandf.com/Powerhouse-womens.htm

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think metallic strappy sandals and a colorful wrap or cardigan plus some fun jewelry would dress it up and make it festive.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
very appropriate!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
awesome!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely perfect!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, totally appropriate, IMO! Especially if you throw in some bright accessories... like maybe colored shoes! Yum!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely appropriate! I like the other suggestions to add in some color to your shoes, your bag, or your belt.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
With an LBD around this season I would go with COLOUR for shoes. It's so hot right now
2.gif
I would get sexy stilettos in blue, yellow, red, green, whatever. I wore these with my LBD recently, and there's a cool picture somewhere of Cameron Diaz in a gorgeous pair of yellow stilettos with an LBD. Seriously I would go crazy with the shoes...

ETA it's a gorgeous dress!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous. A lot of people wear black to weddings over here so I wouldn''t see any problems.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again deelight! that belt is HOT!!

AmberGretchen, thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks Tacori! Your daughter gets cuter and cuter! how can you stand it? lol

tlh and Italia, thanks for the thumbs up!

Musey, thanks for your input! colored shoes would be yummy! I''m pretty boring when it comes to color...I tend to stick with black...I''m trying to be better about it though. lol

kcoursolle, thank you! I think I am going to change the belt and go with some colorful shoes...

Thank you Porrige! Those shoes are awesome! I was thinking about yellow but I couldn''t find any that I liked...

What do you guys think of these shoes so far? I''m open to suggestions...I really prefer slingbacks though.

these in black

maybe this?

or these in pewter

Thanks again guys!!
1.gif

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Hi bee, I think you responded while I was typing! Thank you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That dress is gorgeous and if the ranch is in Texas I might consider some cowgirl boots for the reception.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww...thank you. She is very sweet. I like the idea of colored shoes with maybe a matching shawl/shrug/sweater etc...It would make the look younger I think.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Very cute and definitely appropriate for cocktail attire!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:31:59 PM
Author: kcoursolle
Definitely appropriate! I like the other suggestions to add in some color to your shoes, your bag, or your belt.

Ditto this! I like that dress a lot and you will totally wear it again!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:27:52 PM
Author: musey
Yep, totally appropriate, IMO! Especially if you throw in some bright accessories... like maybe colored shoes! Yum!
:::whiny voice:::
Musey is reading my mind again!!!!!

Great dress!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I would pick either the red of pewter shoes both would look smashing :)

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Love the Guess shoes from Macy''s
30.gif
I usually find Guess very comfortable.

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
Haha AprilBaby, cowboy boots would certainly be more comfortable than 4 inch heels!

Tacori, she does look sweet! I think I''m having baby fever and seeing pics of your daughter is not helping!!! lol.
2.gif

Thanks Kelli and thing2of2!

lol Freke, great minds think alike!
5.gif

Deelight, thanks again. I think I am going to get the red shoes!

Porridge, I hope they will be comfortable! the highest pair of shoes I can wear w/o a platform is 3 3/4....hopefully 1/2" more won''t bother me...
14.gif

Thank you guys again for your help!!
35.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty dress, I think it is a great choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results