shape
carat
color
clarity

Is Anyone Speculating On Whom Biden Will Pick?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone else speculating on whom Joe Biden will pick as a running mate? The talk keeps changing. Right now the two primary contenders appear to be Senator Kamala Harris and Susan E Rice, former national security adviser to President Obama and ambassador to the United Nations.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it's not Harris. I was impressed with her early on when I saw her performance in some Senate activities but I was not impressed with her during the campaign. At this point, I'd prefer Bass or Duckworth.

Forgot to address Rice. I think she'd do well as vp. My concern is that the Benghazi issue will be latched onto, by trump's campaign, like a dog to a starving bone and trump will continually deflect from important issues to focus on Benghazi (and probably reanimate the zombie "but her emails" just because).

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I hope it's not Harris. I was impressed with her early on when I saw her performance in some Senate activities but I was not impressed with her during the campaign. At this point, I'd prefer Bass or Duckworth.

Forgot to address Rice. I think she'd do well as vp. My concern is that the Benghazi issue will be latched onto, by trump's campaign, like a dog to a starving bone and trump will continually deflect from important issues to focus on Benghazi (and probably reanimate the zombie "but her emails" just because).

Let him try. I like Susan Rice- I'm biased as she's a Maine girl!
They only need to counter with The Betrayal of the Kurds, Russian bounties or Baghdad mob on the embassy 2019 etc.... There are so many to choose from to remind everyone that it was republican cuts to security that led to Benghazi. This administration is a s***show of historic proportions.
Or they could just say Covid, and by that time likely @180,000 or more dead and however many millions infected. Because Trump.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think either would be a good choice. Like Biden, they both seem to have long, solid track records. And of course Trump has ruined our country so much in under four short years that I think most people would vote for a tree stump before signing on for four more years of this demented, lawless fascism anyway, let alone worrying too much about who Biden's VP pick is.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please Tammy Duckworth!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I liked Kamela Harris early on , particularly in the hearings. I changed my mind after she became a possibility for VP. She doesn't answer questions directly. She has a set speech that she gives, often skirting the question. These questions are not to trip her up, but she can't change course in her head to give a straight answer. We need someone who can think on their feet.

I think she is a strong woman and I don't fault her ambition at all. She come across haughty to me. I can live with her though.

I'm leaning toward Susan Rice. She and Biden have worked together before and liked each other.

I think it will be Kamela.

Annette

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm a Rice fan.

Reactions: caf

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Please--not Kamala Harris. I think her DA background will have deals that could come back to haunt her.
I like Susan Rice for her experience.
And, being from Illinois, Go Tammy Duckworth!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Probably Harris or Rice. Either is fine with me.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
If you are not familiar with Tammy Duckworth, please take the time to watch this:

FYI--this contractor, Braulio Castillo, later murdered his wife and is now in prison.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, I like her. I just have a feeling she's not the pick. I love Warren too, but I don't thinks she's it, either. Or Klobuchar. (sp)

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Time will tell. Pretty unprecedented to not have a VP at this point though.
Strange times.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I'm off the opinion that he was leaning toward Bass, and then something came out about her helping to dedicate a new Scientology building, or something.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I'm off the opinion that he was leaning toward Bass, and then something came out about her helping to dedicate a new Scientology building, or something.

Oh boy. That's the kiss of death.
Personally, I hope he picks someone younger than Bass.
He needs to appeal to millennials who are honked off about Bernie not getting the nomination.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely the kiss of death for me. And yes - someone much younger is needed.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My first choice is Elizabeth Warren. I don't think she'll be picked. What's taking him so long?

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Duckworth!!!!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW.....its been reported that Rice just sold a bunch of Netflix stock.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW.....its been reported that Rice just sold a bunch of Netflix stock.

Biden also had a previous working relationship with Rice, from their Obama days, and I've heard that it is very important to him to have a good rapport with his VP.

My concern is that Trump would have a field day with her son, who is a Trump supporter.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Biden also had a previous working relationship with Rice, from their Obama days, and I've heard that it is very important to him to have a good rapport with his VP.

My concern is that Trump would have a field day with her son, who is a Trump supporter.

Is he really? Geez! Hopefully he'd keep out of it and honor his mom. But no matter who gets picked, the GOP is going to go after them nonstop. Doesn't matter much to me who it is, other than Bass.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Is he really? Geez! Hopefully he'd keep out of it and honor his mom. But no matter who gets picked, the GOP is going to go after them nonstop. Doesn't matter much to me who it is, other than Bass.

Yeahhh, it's pretty bad. I mean look at all the comments on this Fox news article about her son... https://www.foxnews.com/politics/susan-rice-trump-supporting-son. And yes, no matter who is picked there will be the incessant lies, name calling, etc that is typical in the Trump era.

I am just so happy that Biden will be picking a woman =)2

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I think Kamala has a good chance but I hope it is not her. She has a sorted past for sure and Trump would eat her alive. That would be right up his alley of disgusting.

I wish Warren had a shot, I think that would play well to win some Bernie voters over.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
@scouty - I didn't read all the comments, but I don't think most of those were too terrible (one of the sites I frequent is under the name of Fox New's #1 talking head. They can get pretty nasty there)

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
@Demon Yeah, lol I guess they are mild. But I just see Trump running with it. But like you said his campaign will criticize any pick.

With regards to Kamala I worry that her attack on Biden during the primary debates might be a lingering issue.

I really admire Tammy Duckworth on a personal level, her fortitude and energy are really inspiring.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
@Demon Yeah, lol I guess they are mild. But I just see Trump running with it. But like you said his campaign will criticize any pick.

With regards to Kamala I worry that her attack on Biden during the primary debates might be a lingering issue.

I really admire Tammy Duckworth on a personal level, her fortitude and energy are really inspiring.

Duckworth is great. I just think Biden's going with a black woman.I would hope Biden got over Harris's attack as being just politics, but I would bet it really bothered him. My money is on Rice.

Reactions: caf

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Duckworth is great. I just think Biden's going with a black woman.I would hope Biden got over Harris's attack as being just politics, but I would bet it really bothered him. My money is on Rice.

My money is on Rice as well. And I personally will be happy with her selection, as she reminds me of an era in American politics where I was actually proud of America.

I guess I shouldn't say that I am glad he is picking a woman, like it is some revolutionary idea. I mean a woman won the popular vote 4 years ago!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy. That's the kiss of death.
Personally, I hope he picks someone younger than Bass.
He needs to appeal to millennials who are honked off about Bernie not getting the nomination.

I believe it was her support for Fidel Castro when she was younger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results