shape
carat
color
clarity

Invite Addressing Etiquette

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
So I have been going through websites and such, but I cannot figure out the traditional/proper way to send invites to an engaged couple (or long-term couple) who DO NOT live together. Do you send them each a separate invite? Do you choose an address and put both of their names on it? If you had guests with this situation how did you handle it?

I''m guessing the answer is obvious and I have simply been missing it, but none of the situations I see with etiquette solutions seem to fit.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Technically, you should send each of them a separate invitation. If it''s not possible to find out both addresses, I''d put the person who lives at the address you have on the first line, then the partner''s name on the second line, then the address below that.

Structenggirl

Rough_Rock
I agree that *technically* you are supposed to send each of them their own invitation. I would just address one invitation to both people and send it to whichever one you know better (or to whichever address you have).

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 8:52:36 PM
Author: Structenggirl
I agree that *technically* you are supposed to send each of them their own invitation. I would just address one invitation to both people and send it to whichever one you know better (or to whichever address you have).

Ditto - or to whomever you figure will send in the RSVP card (for example, there were a few couples that DH and I are both friends with, and we would send it to the female half, figuring she was likely the one who would remember to RSVP)

missjaxon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:29:40 AM
Author: Elmorton

Ditto - or to whomever you figure will send in the RSVP card (for example, there were a few couples that DH and I are both friends with, and we would send it to the female half, figuring she was likely the one who would remember to RSVP)

I agree, this has happened to FI and I a couple of times! The couples just sent me the invite with FI''s name on it as well (ex. Miss Jaxon Lastname and Mister Jaxon Lastname ) because I am the one who does all of the RSVPing and also I honestly believe if FI got it, it might get lost!
14.gif
I know that I am happier when we are addressed as a couple and not just singles, even if it may not be proper etiquette.
1.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:37:38 AM
Author: missjaxon
Date: 3/14/2009 12:29:40 AM

Author: Elmorton

I agree, this has happened to FI and I a couple of times! The couples just sent me the invite with FI''s name on it as well (ex. Miss Jaxon Lastname and Mister Jaxon Lastname ) because I am the one who does all of the RSVPing and also I honestly believe if FI got it, it might get lost!
14.gif
I know that I am happier when we are addressed as a couple and not just singles, even if it may not be proper etiquette.
1.gif

Thanks for the options girls! I think I will end up just mailing it to the girl of the couple and put the guys name on the next line below. I''m pretty sure no one will notice it not being *technically* correct, plus fewer invites that way!

Miss Jaxon- I was glad to hear that you like being addressed as a couple, that seems like the best reason to go with the single invite for the couple solution :)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We sent separate invites to individuals who did not live together.

However, if you choose to send one invite per couple, I definitely agree with the advice to send it to whomever is more likely to respond. I can''t tell you how many times I found invitations buried in my husband''s mail pile, unanswered, during the four years we dated before we married. It was horrible!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results