shape
carat
color
clarity

Inversion Table

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Two part question:

1) Does anyone on here use an inversion table? DH wants to get one, he thinks it would be good for his back (not that he has any particular back ailment, other than getting older). Do you find it helpful?

2) The problem is he's 6'7" and every single table I've looked at has a 6'6" height limit. Suggestions?

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1456781800|3997506 said:
Two part question:

1) Does anyone on here use an inversion table? DH wants to get one, he thinks it would be good for his back (not that he has any particular back ailment, other than getting older). Do you find it helpful?

2) The problem is he's 6'7" and every single table I've looked at has a 6'6" height limit. Suggestions?

We do have one. Both DH and I use it occasionally when we need to "decompress" our backs. Unfortunately I can't help you with the height limit thing because DH is *only* 6'5", but I have to say I can't imagine your DH being one inch over the suggested height limit would make a difference.

This is the one we have. It came with some accupressure things that you can also put on the table but we don't use those. http://www.target.com/p/teeter-ep-560-inversion-table-with-back-pain-relief-dvd/-/A-16671327?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Sports%2BShopping&adgroup=Inversion+Table_SC&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=1027683&gclid=CjwKEAiA9c-2BRC_vaaJ0Ybps30SJABlqxDeIRKH9NxBBQsVT8GOAVNiN6KLVMFvJRsxYT9BvUJfjRoC1zrw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has one and uses it for his back, but he is far shorter than either of your husbands, well under six feet. I cannot advise you about height at all. I do know that if one has high blood pressure or eye problems that the inversion table is contraindicated. I would never use it because I get headaches and even a roller coaster ride with my daughter when she was a teenager put too much pressure on my head. The table has been fine for my husband.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have inversion table experience, but I DO have experience having a very bad back attributed to 10+ car accidents. During PT for one where I got t-boned, my orthopedic surgeon & physical therapist both recommended hydrotherapy which basically achieved the same goal as the table. I basically had weights attached to my ankles, and I just hung on the side of a therapeutic pool in the clinic for about 20 mins 3x/week for 3 months. Over time, it spaced out my vertebrae and felt INCREDIBLE! It was a huge improvement, and I fully believe it saved me from surgery.

If the table isn't an option due to height, and you have access to a pool, perhaps get some of those Velcro weights, and try that. Of course, you should consult your doctor first, and ask them about this option.

Good luck! :wavey: Back problems are NO joke.

Jumpluff

Rough_Rock
Crazy sales Inversion Tables are supposed to use gravity to help remedy much of the pressure in the spine, which becomes compressed with time. The idea of inversion table use is always that hanging upside-down or in an angle where your head is less than your toes will decompress the spine, which should relieve pressure and pain. Because using inversion tables may very well be risky in case you have hypertension, glaucoma or coronary disease, speak with your doctor in case you have any ailments.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we do! We have an older and much loved teeter hangups. this is from way before he was doing infomercials.

No way would I ever get rid of it as its a NEED for both of us. Since we really don't have space in the house, we keep it in the shed and just set it up in the back yard when needed.

The thing is you gotta start slow, like not do a full inversion and do only a few minutes at a time. I don't do full inversions alone because our table is really built for larger people and he has to watch that I don't fall out! He's a bigger guy so does the full inversions without issue. There's some adjustments down but well... its an older table so its just one of those things.

Whatever the brand, make sure you see it in person...its totally worth it. We spent a lot on ours but it was well worth the money.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has one in the fire dept gym. He uses it when he is there sometimes. We bought a gizmo on Amazon that you can use on the floor and it slides under our bed. I am not sure what it is called but I am sure you can do a search on amazon and it will come up. Maybe with your DH's height it would work better for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results