shape
carat
color
clarity

Introvert or Extrovert?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Briggs-Meyer test is good fun, but it was created by two people with no formal training in psychology based on Jung's untested theories. I wouldn't put any stock in it.

Most of us don't need a test to tell us if we're introverts or extroverts anyway!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So freaking true! When I can just be me I am my happiest. And society does dictate to a large extent what is acceptable and what is not and being shy and introverted is not deemed A OK generally. My sister was very shy as a child and the teachers acted like that was a problem and to some extent it was because we live in America and that is not acceptable or at least wasn't acceptable. Our society is intolerant and it isn't easy growing up different than the norm.

we didn't see a lot of our extended family on Dad's side
there were so many of them and my cousins were mostly older
a lot of my cousins were having 21st when i was only 9 or 10 so i would hang around mum and dad at such events and spent a lot of time looking at the presents with the one aunty we were close to
i remember one of my uncles (dad's BIL)complaing to dad how shy we were and maybe we needed to have been smacked more
like what the heck ?
we did get the odd smack when we deserved it - that's how it was back then
but not for being shy

mum had alot of mother issues of her own not that she ever would admit to it
i was in trouble if i talked too much at school
and other years id be in trouble when i was too quiet
i could not win
i remember one time my aunty came to baby sit - dad's oldest sister - she had recently became a window ans dad used to help her out
anyway no doubt innocently she told mum what chatterboxes we were
and i got in trouble from mum for that
i got such mixed messages

i have shy cats
i don't care
i love then regardless

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So freaking true! When I can just be me I am my happiest. And society does dictate to a large extent what is acceptable and what is not and being shy and introverted is not deemed A OK generally. My sister was very shy as a child and the teachers acted like that was a problem and to some extent it was because we live in America and that is not acceptable or at least wasn't acceptable. Our society is intolerant and it isn't easy growing up different than the norm.

your sister who grew up to be a vet !
that takes years of dedication to study and training

if i was your sister i would have wanted to have sent that teacher a burning bag of dog poo on my graduation

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mostly introvert. I can definitely be social if I want to be but the larger the crowd, the quieter I get. The only real persons I am completely myself with is my husband and my kids.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Introvert. I need time alone even from my family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results