shape
carat
color
clarity

Interesting experience buying an ATV

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After 2 "deals" fell through on preowned utility ATVs, I decided to just go buy a new one. Haha, if you thought a woman buying a car was bad...

I went to a dealership in Houston to see the models I was interested in. I had a short list of what I need. At the top of the list was "no frills." This is going to the lakehouse and will be a utility vehicle used on trails. I met with the salesman that I spoke with yesterday. After about 3 minutes of asking questions, the guy says that he is new and doesn't know the acronyms on my list (EPS - electric power steering and IRS - independent rear suspension). Any person selling these should know this, right? Anyway , the next question he asks me is, "Your ring is nice. Did your diamond come from Harry Winston?" I was a bit taken back, lol. I told him thank you but no, it's not HW. He then told me that he works 3 days a week at HW in Houston as a security guard and he loves it there. Ok, I'm here to buy an ATV. So, we go to the lot and he seriously doesn't know which model is which and asks me what color I want 3 TIMES after I told him that the standard issue was fine. Utility. Function. Ugh.

I decide which model I want and he goes to figure the price. The manager comes back and says that it will be cheaper to get the higher end model since I want EPS. Price - not a single penny off of MSRP. Not one red cent. Plus about $2500 in added fees. No thank you.

So I called the dealership in Arkansas and they were very nice, very respectful and 3K cheaper, plus we won't have to transport it there.

Not sure what lesson I learned here but I though it was an interesting experience. Here it is. Will be delivered next week!

9671e7c7-48f0-427b-b2dd-09c18d3e9529.png

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After 2 "deals" fell through on preowned utility ATVs, I decided to just go buy a new one. Haha, if you thought a woman buying a car was bad...

I went to a dealership in Houston to see the models I was interested in. I had a short list of what I need. At the top of the list was "no frills." This is going to the lakehouse and will be a utility vehicle used on trails. I met with the salesman that I spoke with yesterday. After about 3 minutes of asking questions, the guy says that he is new and doesn't know the acronyms on my list (EPS - electric power steering and IRS - independent rear suspension). Any person selling these should know this, right? Anyway , the next question he asks me is, "Your ring is nice. Did your diamond come from Harry Winston?" I was a bit taken back, lol. I told him thank you but no, it's not HW. He then told me that he works 3 days a week at HW in Houston as a security guard and he loves it there. Ok, I'm here to buy an ATV. So, we go to the lot and he seriously doesn't know which model is which and asks me what color I want 3 TIMES after I told him that the standard issue was fine. Utility. Function. Ugh.

I decide which model I want and he goes to figure the price. The manager comes back and says that it will be cheaper to get the higher end model since I want EPS. Price - not a single penny off of MSRP. Not one red cent. Plus about $2500 in added fees. No thank you.

So I called the dealership in Arkansas and they were very nice, very respectful and 3K cheaper, plus we won't have to transport it there.

Not sure what lesson I learned here but I though it was an interesting experience. Here it is. Will be delivered next week!

9671e7c7-48f0-427b-b2dd-09c18d3e9529.png

I’ll be sure my DH does not see this lol. He’s been wanting a larger Polaris. Don’t forget to get insurance on it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Despite the lack of knowledge in what you were there to buy, I would be flattered if someone asked me if my ring was from HW!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ATV looks way too fun Gussie! Perhaps next time you are trying to negotiate a price on something like that, leave the HW-esq ring at home! :lol: Or at the very least turn it inward on your finger. Who’s going to knock anything off the price when you’re sportin’ that! :roll2: Interesting that he works at HW though, and most guys probably wouldn’t even notice a customer’s jewelry, least of all comment on it. They lost a sale by being greedy. Interesting encounter! ;)) And your ring is every bit HW worthy or better!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
When I read ATV, I thought you meant something like a dirt bike atv.jpg

But what you got is like a Muscly (is there such a word) Golf cart! I love it. I'd totally get one if I have a big enough property, but ALAS, I live in CA where our housing lots are teeny tiny.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side by side!
Love them - like a super speedy muscled up golf cart that gets sh!t done is right.
Have fun !

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ATV looks way too fun Gussie! Perhaps next time you are trying to negotiate a price on something like that, leave the HW-esq ring at home! :lol: Or at the very least turn it inward on your finger. Who’s going to knock anything off the price when you’re sportin’ that! :roll2: Interesting that he works at HW though, and most guys probably wouldn’t even notice a customer’s jewelry, least of all comment on it. They lost a sale by being greedy. Interesting encounter! ;)) And your ring is every bit HW worthy or better!

When I read ATV, I thought you meant something like a dirt bike atv.jpg

But what you got is like a Muscly (is there such a word) Golf cart! I love it. I'd totally get one if I have a big enough property, but ALAS, I live in CA where our housing lots are teeny tiny.

Side by side!
Love them - like a super speedy muscled up golf cart that gets sh!t done is right.
Have fun !

Yes, side by side. It's going to be fun!!!

And you are right @Bonfire. No more jewels when buying stuff! But I was proud to go without my DH, lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results