shape
carat
color
clarity

Ink jet question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I just sent out a couple last minute STDs and have been using my printer to print the addresses on the envelopes. Looks real nice :) However, I started thinking ahead to when we do invitations and if we choose to use our printer again for this, how would we print our return address on the back flap of the envelope? For the STDs, I just went informal and put our return address in the upper left corner on the front of the envelope.

Anyone out there figure this out? If you did, care to share? I''m going just a little nuts trying to work it out lol.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Is it tacky to have some custom made return address stickers printed and put them on the back flap after you''ve addressed the envelopes with your printer? You could custom make them special for just this occasion i.e., use a special font, have your engagement picture on it, your initials or something you design yourself.

I don''t usually come to this board, but thought I''d throw out a suggestion. I don''t know invitation etiquette as I''ve been married for over 10+ years and don''t really know what is considered "correct" these days.

So just my 2cents or you can disregard altogether.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
SuzyQ~ Thank you for your 2 cents! I appreciate your reply :) I could do that but I too am not sure if this is completely ok. On the other hand, I know that some may balk at me using my printer at all for this job. I figure hand writing them is the ubercorrect thing to do and I think that using lables is like the uberwrong thing to do...........so printing directly on my envelopes put me somewhere in the middle and I feel good about it :)

I have pretty nice handwriting and I remember having to write "We can''t wait to celebrate and share our day with you!" on the backs of our photo STDs and my hand was litterally shaking and sweaty each time I did it because I didn''t want to mess up and waste an entire card y''know?! I couldn''t imagine how many extra envelopes we''d need to hand address entire envelopes
6.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
You might want to check with the post office about having the return address on the back flap. My mom just mailed out my sister''s bat mitzvah invitations a few days ago. She paid extra to have the return address printed on the back flap and when she took them to the post office the lady told her that many times the machines mess up and think that it''s the address you''re trying to send it to and they come back. The post office lady took the first few and started crossing them out!!! My mom was almost in tears! She made her stop so only the first few (which were to her sisters) were crossed out.

Maybe my mom just encountered some psycho postal worker, but I''m definitely not going to take the chance and I''m going to have my return address on the front.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
wow, robbie! that''s scary
23.gif
well then, looks like i have a great reason to not worry about how to put addresses on the back flap anymore
21.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our return address was on the back and we didn''t pay extra. Actually I ALWAYS write the return address on the back and have never had a problem. I had mine printed at a local print shop. It was fairly inexpensive and worth not having to deal with it.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I suppose if the post office messed up and thought the address on the back flap was the address to send TO, then it''d just come back to me anyway (as it would be my address haha) so at least I''d know which ones didn''t go where they needed to go and I could resend. (This would really be crappy if ALL of them were sent back aaarrrggghhh). I recieve mail all the time from family and thier addresses are on the back flap so maybe what happened to Robbie''s mom was a fluke.

I''d still really like to know how to get my home printer to print on this back flap if anyone knows.............

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''ve never had a problem with back flap addressing. ever.
i''ve printed them myself but it''s always a frustrating process. i usually make **fake envelopes** and pass it through the printer until i find the right placement. maybe there''s another way, but that''s what works for me.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/17/2007 4:08:12 PM
Author: jcrow
i''ve never had a problem with back flap addressing. ever.
i''ve printed them myself but it''s always a frustrating process. i usually make **fake envelopes** and pass it through the printer until i find the right placement. maybe there''s another way, but that''s what works for me.
okay, jcrow....sounds as good an idea as any :) i was going to do that but thought i was missing an easier path to this outcome lol. i''ll give it a try!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Hi there,
we decided to purchase a desk embosser (we got ours at paper source)
that we will be able to use after the wedding as well.

it has our street address on it, and we''ll simply emboss the back flap of the envelope rather than try to print them (or versus paying to have printed addresses if we don''t diy our invites)

it''s very classy looking- i got the idea after getting a christmas card with that done.

of course, not sure what "etiquette" says is proper - like, can you emboss the address if you have different font on the invites!

but we''re going with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results