shape
carat
color
clarity

In a race to Propose

VictoriaW

Rough_Rock
Hey PS, I've been lurking for months and never posted, but I'm a bit of a loner so I figure if I can't share my engagement with friends/fam in Canada I can throw it out into the void and see who responds.
We've been dating three years, living together for one. He knows I'm picky so we ring shopped together well in advance to get ideas. Turns out when you start putting things on your hand you realize how wrong you were about what styles you THINK you like online. I have to thank Tiffany for letting me try on decent rings since the only other options here are gross mall chains.
One place LITERALLY handed us a 1ct with a deep scratch/crack clear across the table, told us they certified it in house to be flawless. Obviously hoping someone with bad eyes and no education would give them SEVEN THOUSAND for it. They probably cracked it and were desperate to unload ugh. What d***bags I hope no one ever fell for it. :angryfire:
So in the meantime I'm a little impatient and believe in equality. I know he's into the Bulgari b.zero1 so I phone 2015 New Years Eve and order one. Theres no bulgari here, he tried it on over a year ago in the only Canadian store. I ask when I can have it? It absolutely must come by VDay. She says 2 weeks to get here from NY. Excellent. I book a tropical vacation for VDay this year and plan to propose with the Bulgari. I invite my sister and his. Two weeks later I get a call. It has to come from Italy because they dont have that size. Its coming second week of Feb because beginning of the year is inventory, Italy is busy. THATS THE SAME WEEK. :wall: I begged them to rush it, said I'd pay ANY amount to get it shipped direct to me instead of stopping in Bulgari Canada. They couldn't. The ring of course, didnt make it by the time we departed. Oh well, it was an OK vacation anyway. The ring shipped UPS and they obviously didnt know what it was because they just LEFT IT ON MY FRONT DOORSTEP. Thank God no one stole it. So now I'm planning again. His birthday is at the end of May, so I booked another trip for then. Nothing can stop me now!

Sidenote - Bulgari actually has VERY good communication but they seem not to have any wiggle room at all in their process. I wouldnt deter anyone from them, just don't be an idiot and book a trip before your ring shows.

He still has no idea I bought it.
In the last month after mulling over thousands of rings and expert advice from PSers - thanks PSers! - I finally found a Ritani for myself that I love and mentioned to him that it fit the budget and by some miracle they have a retailer here that works with them which is unheardof in my town-of-few-choices. I figured he was still just shopping around. Yesterday I see he's got a call from Ritani! This morning, because I'm nosey as hell, I see the Stone is marked as SOLD. Guys. I think he bought my perfect ring and my perfect diamond. I couldn't be happier.
But if we really do both have rings, who's gonna get to it first?

VictoriaW

Rough_Rock
Oh and here's his for those who like photos. Bulgari b.zero1 three-band in white gold.
20160404_090728.jpg

Q

Queenie60

The man is supposed to propose to the lady. Hopefully he will propose and you can give him the band at your wedding ceremony. Maybe you do it in another way? Excuse my ignorance.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
VictoriaW|1463000040|4030397 said:
Guys. I think he bought my perfect ring and my perfect diamond. I couldn't be happier.

Hi! :wavey: Aaaaaaaah! So exciting! Hope your waiting is short :) And if it's not, feel free to vent here :lol:

I love that you will be offering him a reciprocal token of engagement! I gave a quick look to the Proposal Ideas board (https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/proposal-ideas.4/) and it looks like there might be some activity there, too... maybe a little more than here :) I remember LJsapphire2304 proposed to her guy on leap year, but I don't think she got a ring for him :)

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi! :) :wavey:

I did buy him a ring, but it wasn't an expensive one. It was kind of a joke ring. It's a silver ring cast from a Lego block. :lol: He can't wear it because he repairs PCs for a living. :| He keeps it in the (Lego) ring box I bought to go with it, open on his computer desk.

http://www.magpiejared.co.uk/portfolio-items/lego-ring-two-stud/

:bigsmile:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1463032344|4030606 said:
The man is supposed to propose to the lady. Hopefully he will propose and you can give him the band at your wedding ceremony. Maybe you do it in another way?
That is correct, Queenie60, some people do it in other ways, and it's not always "the man proposes to the lady" :)

Queenie60|1463032344|4030606 said:
Excuse my ignorance.
Hey, now you know! :clap:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
LJsapphire2304|1463082273|4030865 said:
Hi! :) :wavey:

I did buy him a ring, but it wasn't an expensive one. It was kind of a joke ring. It's a silver ring cast from a Lego block. :lol: He can't wear it because he repairs PCs for a living. :| He keeps it in the (Lego) ring box I bought to go with it, open on his computer desk.
:bigsmile:

THAT IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT!!!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1463082430|4030872 said:
THAT IS AMAZING AND I LOVE IT!!!

firebunny

Rough_Rock
Hahah! That's fantastic. A bit of a competition. Such a shame about the ring not getting there as per your first plan, that would have surprised him for sure! Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VictoriaW

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link! I've heard of the leap year thing, women do it on the 29th don't they.

VictoriaW

Rough_Rock
THAT LEGO RING IS AMAZING :love: :love:
I swear you can make anything into a ring, who knew!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hehe thanks :) Yeah it was February 29th.
Didn't go according to plan due to having to work late, not being able to take him somewhere memorable (I was going to take him to the coffee shop where we first met). And my son spoiling the surprise and taking the ring to show him. :tongue: Plus, he wanted to propose first so although he was touched, he was a little annoyed/frustrated that I'd spoiled it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sorry you had issues with the ring. Too bad Birks (they carry Bvlgari across Canada) didn't have the size you needed--but I see it worked out cuz your photo looks great!

cheers--Sharon

VictoriaW

Rough_Rock
Canuk-gal that's interesting! I didn't see any at the Birks near here, I'll definitely have to talk to them if I need help in the future.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
VictoriaW|1463000040|4030397 said:
Hey PS, I've been lurking for months and never posted, but I'm a bit of a loner so I figure if I can't share my engagement with friends/fam in Canada I can throw it out into the void and see who responds.
We've been dating three years, living together for one. He knows I'm picky so we ring shopped together well in advance to get ideas. Turns out when you start putting things on your hand you realize how wrong you were about what styles you THINK you like online. I have to thank Tiffany for letting me try on decent rings since the only other options here are gross mall chains.
One place LITERALLY handed us a 1ct with a deep scratch/crack clear across the table, told us they certified it in house to be flawless. Obviously hoping someone with bad eyes and no education would give them SEVEN THOUSAND for it. They probably cracked it and were desperate to unload ugh. What d***bags I hope no one ever fell for it. :angryfire:
So in the meantime I'm a little impatient and believe in equality. I know he's into the Bulgari b.zero1 so I phone 2015 New Years Eve and order one. Theres no bulgari here, he tried it on over a year ago in the only Canadian store. I ask when I can have it? It absolutely must come by VDay. She says 2 weeks to get here from NY. Excellent. I book a tropical vacation for VDay this year and plan to propose with the Bulgari. I invite my sister and his. Two weeks later I get a call. It has to come from Italy because they dont have that size. Its coming second week of Feb because beginning of the year is inventory, Italy is busy. THATS THE SAME WEEK. :wall: I begged them to rush it, said I'd pay ANY amount to get it shipped direct to me instead of stopping in Bulgari Canada. They couldn't. The ring of course, didnt make it by the time we departed. Oh well, it was an OK vacation anyway. The ring shipped UPS and they obviously didnt know what it was because they just LEFT IT ON MY FRONT DOORSTEP. Thank God no one stole it. So now I'm planning again. His birthday is at the end of May, so I booked another trip for then. Nothing can stop me now!

Sidenote - Bulgari actually has VERY good communication but they seem not to have any wiggle room at all in their process. I wouldnt deter anyone from them, just don't be an idiot and book a trip before your ring shows.

In the last month after mulling over thousands of rings and expert advice from PSers - thanks PSers! - I finally found a Ritani for myself that I love and mentioned to him that it fit the budget and by some miracle they have a retailer here that works with them which is unheardof in my town-of-few-choices. I figured he was still just shopping around. Yesterday I see he's got a call from Ritani! This morning, because I'm nosey as hell, I see the Stone is marked as SOLD. Guys. I think he bought my perfect ring and my perfect diamond. I couldn't be happier.

Welcome to the board Victoria!!! :wavey: So excited for you!! What a great story you'll be able to carry on and tell your kids/grandkids/etc. someday!! it sounds super romantic!!! So who do you think will get to it first? He still has no idea right? Do you think he'll be super pumped for you to propose to him or do you think he'll be bummed that he didn't propose to you first? Plus, I want to hear about how you plan to do it!!! What's your proposal plan!!! :dance:

Ittybittykittykat

Shiny_Rock
VictoriaW said:

:wavey: Welcome!! Hope your stay is short! Lucky you he already picked out your favorite ring! ;))
I like your idea to propose the Bulgari is nice :appl: Did you pop the question?? Keep us posted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results