shape
carat
color
clarity

Imperfect Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twinkly

Rough_Rock
Hey all,
I was wondering if you can answer another question of mine. I would like to give input to everyone elses questions but I don''t know a whole lot about diamonds.

I understand that Platinum is hand made. I was looking at a setting with a diamond on it custom made for someone at a jewellery store. Is it common for the 4 prongs holding the diamond to NOT be in a perfect square? One can hardly tell but I really looked at it and I''m very picky. No one else noticed it.

And when a setting is custom made, is it normal for the setting to be imperfect?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well custom means custom and that sometimes can mean small mistakes or imperfections. Our ring is custom and I refrain from inspecting it too closely because I am a huge perfectionist and it will bother me if I feel like something is 'off' on the ring, which I am sure it is..because again...its custom! Sometimes I think the prongs are a little off, but then when I switch the ring around and put it on that way, the other prongs look off too. Visual perception is hazy at times. Depends on the angle, light, etc etc. So don't scrutinize too much. If you stare at it long enough, you will notice something different. You could view it as a testimony to the fact that the setting IS custom!
1.gif
There's only one like it...

twinkly

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much Mara, you always answer my questions.
16.gif

I guess being a perfectionist so not always a good thing. Then why is it that gold settings and platinum settings in a store seems so perfect. Do they cast those ones? This custom make one is a replica of a white gold one. The only difference is that it's platinum and I believe the ring size was smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results