shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m going to fall down the aisle in these shoes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
So I just received my dream wedding shoes in the mail and I CAN HARDLY WALK IN THEM! I''m not used to wearing heels although I usually don''t have any trouble walking in 1"-2" but these are 4"! I feel like I''m tipping forward! (Yeah, I know it''s probably not SUPER high, but I''m already 5''10" and so I wear flats 99% of the time).

When I ordered them online I was too excited about their sheer perfection to take a look and see how high the heel was. AHH!

So what should I do? Practice walking in them constantly? Try to find different shoes? HELP!

The shoes in question:
http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?productRef=SEARCH&category=&prodId=186307

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I'm 5'10" as well. As I mentioned in a previous post, those of us who are tall (and thus, a larger shoe size) get hit with a double whammy on heel hights. See, if they standard heel hight on a shoe is 3" (usually on a size 7) this could be 1/2-1" higher on a size 10 (what I am). No fair!!

For max comfort, I would look for shoes in heel hights from 2-3". 3 1/2 max, but that is pushing it. Try zappos, they have free shipping and free returns.

At least for me, uncomfortable shoes make me miserable, so I would return them and invest some time in looking for a pair that really feel good to walk in.

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your input Rockzilla! I really love being tall but sometimes it feels like the fashion world is conspiring against my need for size 10 shoes and suuuper long inseams!

Maybe I''ll try looking for different shoes...
15.gif
I''m just SO in love with these ones! Grrr!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PP -- I'm sorry those didn't work out for you. For what it's worth, it seems like the issue is sometimes the shoe style or the way it's made, rather than the heel height or even width, that makes it unworkable. I generally wear fairly low heels, but I do have some around 4's that are rated at least 1/2 mile at a time (the minimum I need to get from the parking garage to the office
2.gif
) while there are others I've tried on that I wouldn't have gotten me out of the store safely! So... it may just be a question of trying on several different styles until you find one that has the height you want but still works for you.

That said, here's a lower heel option from the same site...

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=184&category=dsw11cat170006&prodId=181420&brand=

On sale but still very pricey -- and nice!

http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=184&category=dsw11cat170006&prodid=181420&brand=

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love them I would just practice walking in them...that''s what I''m doing! I never wear heels so it''s definitely going to take some practice for me. The ones I got are about 3.5" but I just love them so I''m going to deal. (And buy some good flats for back up, too!)

So if you love them don''t give up!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
You might also consider taking them to a shoe repair shop. It may be possible to shorten the heel without damaging the structural integrity of the shoe.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
What she said! I''ve had that done before.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
You might also consider wearing them to your rehearsal dinner or bachelorette if you are planning these events. I am about 6 feet tall and know that I am just not used to heels enough to deal with ones that high on my actual wedding day. When I know I will only be standing for a hour or so then going to dinner, those types of shoes are what I reach for.

Plus if your wedding dress is floor length, wearing them with a shorter dress might show them off more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results