shape
carat
color
clarity

If you have an orange cat..

beesha77

Shiny_Rock
Do you think he/she has a distinct personality? We have a little boy Frank who is about 7 months old and he is just...well goofy and awesome! I know all animals have their own personalities, but he just seems to have quite the personality and unlike any other cat i've had before. he definitely has a distinct personality! I've heard this about orange cats, that people swear by it, and scientists saying that color has nothing to do with it. I've had several cats, but none like him. What about yours?

April20

Ideal_Rock
My very first pet was an orange tabby cat that I named Popeye (I was 3). He was the best cat! Definitely had personality. I've always wanted another since, but it's never worked out. ;(

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I've heard that orange cats have distinct personalities.

My kitty is black and we've had other black cats and I've noticed they are insanely interactive. I do think there is something in the genetics going on there ;-)

I've read that cats recognize up to 50 human words (lol)! Not sure if this is true, but I do remember my previous cat would look for my son when I said his name!

April20

Ideal_Rock
MC|1317742196|3032917 said:
Yes, I've heard that orange cats have distinct personalities.

My kitty is black and we've had other black cats and I've noticed they are insanely interactive. I do think there is something in the genetics going on there ;-)

I've read that cats recognize up to 50 human words (lol)! Not sure if this is true, but I do remember my previous cat would look for my son when I said his name!

I had a black/white cat a few years ago, and I swear, that cat knew what I was saying! I could say certain words and she just knew.

My calico, on the other hand, was way too smart for her own good and had a vindictive streak a mile wide. If I left her alone for too long or, heaven forbid, went on vacation and just had someone come feed her, she'd do mean things around the house. I'd come home to disasterous results.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
My MIL had an orange cat, and that cat hates everyone but her with a passion. She's relaxed a bit as she's gotten out of the kitten stage, but that cat is just hell on wheels. She's a beautiful little cat, with green eyes that make her look like she's always depressed and about to cry. But, my MIL loves her to pieces, and calls her the watch-kitty. The cat lets her know when someone is in the driveway, or coming up her stairs (she lives in our rental unit). This cat has most definitely got a personality all it's own! But, I can say that about my grey cat too. He's a lazy, bit of an idiot, snuggle monster at 3 1/2. He doesn't purr, and his personality is still slowly developing. He likes to be directly underfoot, and really enjoys watching the toilet flush.

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
I have an orange & white guy and he most definitely has a strong personality!! He's very smart and has a lot of "tricks" he knows. He'll catch treats with his paws and then pop them into his mouth, begs from the table by tapping us on the arm and lords it over all dogs and people in the house! He'll actually lie in wait to jump out at the dogs and smack them. He also has the loudest rumbly purr I've ever heard out of a cat.

He can also be very naughty!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my first cats was an orange dsh and he was a clever little guy. Tough too. He loved people and loved playing fetch and he also caught flies midair. I really appreciated that!! :cheeky:

I still miss him lots-he died in 2001.

I cannot generalize to all orange cats but I would say many of them have wonderful and strong personalities.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
I love orange kitties. I do think they are outgoing and/or brazen. I believe it's sex linked like the opposite of calico so solid orange tabby cats are almost always males. I'd be interested in anyone has had a female solid orange tabby?

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
My orange tabby girl is a DIVA!
She is very talkative and prissy. Her favorite color is pink.
She is big and beautiful (and by big, I mean 16 pounds!)
Oh, and she's perfect...she can do no wrong. When she is doing something bad and I tell her she's a bad kitty, she gives me a look that says "who, me?"

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results