shape
carat
color
clarity

I *want* to be excited, but I''m stressed....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
I know I've basically gone and fallen off of the face of the earth --- it's been weeks since I've checked around here! So, for starters, an apology... and a promise I will be here more in support of everyone who's supported me through all the craziness!

It's officially 2007, my wedding's in April, and I have nothing done. Well, it seems like nothing. Truthfully, it was easy to put everything off after I ordered my dress and found the wedding company we want to use in Hawaii. Plus, Matt's cousin was getting married (last friday) so it was easy to think I didn't have to do anything until after that. Plus the holidays...
Well, you get the idea. I have no place booked for the reception, no wedding band or suit for him, no music compiled for the ceremony OR the reception.... just basically feeling panicky!!!! My main thing is finding a place for the reception (which is 2 weekend after we return). Everything is either too boring, too expensive, or not quite big enough. (sigh)

I guess I needed to just vent to some people here that might understand. Usually I am very organized, so I'm just not sure how I let the time get away from me. Thanks for listening -- hope you all are faring better than I am
1.gif

jen

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I totally understand! My wedding is in May, and while the major stuff is booked it seems that it''s taking me forever to do all of the minor stuff. I was on track until the holidays hit and now it seems like I just can''t get everything together! I woke up at 3 am and couldn''t go back to sleep, all of this little stuff racing through my head. Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren''t alone!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean! I was the same way when planning our wedding, too, and I am a VERY organized and on top of things type of girl. So what I did was employed the help of FI. I was losing my mind so I made him pick out quite a few things so I didn''t have to. But by all means vent away! Planning a wedding is so stressful!

*M*

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hang in there!!

We''re hear as a soundboard if you need...

I can completely sympathize with you...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, breathe!

Make a list of what needs to get done. Try to tackle at least one thing each day. I know that it seems like it takes a year to plan a wedding. What I found was....well.....it doesn''t! A lot of weekends I was sitting thinking ''shouldn''t I be doing something?'' You don''t have a lot of time, but if you hit the ground running you can get this done no sweat. The venue is the main thing. Work on that first, don''t stop looking until you find one, and the rest isn''t terribly hard.
1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Another early spring wedding here (May 5th)... so I can definitely sympathize! After we booked the major stuff, I kept putting everything else off until after Christmas... then we went on a cruise for a week... and now all the sudden reality is sinking in!

There are just so many little details that are connected to other little details... before we can order invitations, we need to pick menu options to put on the RSVP cards, which we can''t do until we arrange our food tasting, which we can''t do until everyone can coordinate a good time... UGH. I think part of our problem is that our wedding is being financed by BOTH our sets of parents... and while mine are very laidback (ie., "just pick what you want!" "that looks great!" "everything will work out!") his are WAY more neurotic (ie., "have you thought about this yet??" "What are you doing about that??" "when are you planning this??" etc, etc)... which can be a little overwhelming/stress-inducing.

I''m starting to remind myself on a daily basis that everything WILL work out. If Plan A falls through, there is always a Plan B, and then a Plan C... these are not life and death decisions. And rather than say "I should have done this earlier", I''m saying "Hey, I''ve never planned a wedding before... go easy on yourself, Self!!"
9.gif
And most importantly, when this is all over, I will be happily married to my boy and hanging out on a beautiful tropical island for a while!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Heh Heh!
I certainly know the feeling!
We''re getting married in less than two months in Hawaii and there''s still so much to do! No music, no outfit for him, no menu, no cake decided, haven''t decided on a minister, haven''t talked about the ceremony, no wedding rings!
23.gif

On the plus side we have a wedding coordinator ( I think so at anyrate, the last thing I heard from her was a month ago saying she had a family emergency), we have a location, we have a wedding package, and I''ve finally ordered my dress.

With the post-wedding reception you might want to think outside the box. My sister had one that was more of a picnic, and another one at our parents house. Very low-key but very sucessful!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Count me in with being slow to plan!! Like you we are getting married in April and we are having a destination wedding as well. I am not stressed yet, but I certainly empathize with how you are feeling. You can definitely get it done! FG''s advice was really good about making the list, and try to do one thing a day. Don''t try to do everything at one time because that will definitely push you over the edge. Posting here definitely helps also!!

Good luck and keep us posted.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Tiffany, Poptart, FG, Onedrop, Mel lu, Ephemery and Indie for chiming in and helping me feel not so alone in this!
2.gif
I actually am very surprised that anyone else here relates, b/c think about how we all have been about the *diamond*! I mean, I was WAYYYYYYY tooo on top of things where that was concerned!!! haha

FG- I made a list the other day and it freaked me out a bit --- I think that''s where I let "panic-mode" get the best of me -- but I totally agree with you and for some reason seeing you say it calmed me a bit. Venue first. And if I can settle that *this week* I think the rest will be better.

Ephemery --- I really feel for you! As much as I hate thte expense, I am SO glad we''re doing this ourselves b/c I don''t think I could take having to consult with anyone about anything! Keep your chin up!

You all seem to have the right attitude, so I am going to work on the stress thing and get back here soon with a progress report
2.gif
(PS after I wrote that post, I actually sat down and browsed a bunch of men''s wedding bands --- and while that isn''t exactly *progress* it''s something
1.gif
)

pps Indie -- where in Hawaii are you getting married?? We''re going to Maui....

ppps Poptart -- employing my FI is actually rather pointless --- he wants the wedding but can''t make a decision about any of it to save his life! So far, it''s me asking him if he likes an idea to back up my own opinion...when it comes time to be hands-on with stuff I know I''ll be able to count on him, just not so much the planning part....I''m glad yours is helping you though
1.gif

jen

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Is stress less now? How is the planning going? Hope all is well!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results