shape
carat
color
clarity

I want this, and can''t find it on the internet...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
We''re having a December wedding, and I would love if we could project falling snowflakes onto one of the walls. I''ve never heard of it and can''t find it on the internet, but haven''t searched v hard. I will call around a few lighting guys tomorrow, but I first wanted you guys'' opinions. I love the idea, but I don''t want it to look tacky!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock

ice-queen

Shiny_Rock
I have seen this before and it looks really cool! Search for "special event lighting" and you will find lots of options. They can also project your monogram on the dancefloor or wall, which is looks really great too.

This is an example of snowflakes from www.got-light.com Check out their photo gallery, they do amazing work.

weddings_7b[1].jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check Chinese Trading Company and also Lowes and Home Depot around the holidays. I''ve seen them sold in many places.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a cool idea! I may have a winter wedding too - this is really neat!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
I am sure any themeing/events company should be able to do that for you. It looks fabulous!!!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that idea. Hopefully you''ll find a company that can do it.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
This should be pretty easy to do...its what my husband''s company does. It would probably be a couple of lights with the capability to have moving gobos (a gobo is what creates the pattern that you are seeing). I have no idea on pricing, and that probably depends a lot on where you live. Good luck, looks cool!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow ice-queen that is almost exactly what I''m looking for, thank you so much! And it gives me a great idea - I was torn for a long time with colours, I wanted a winter wonderland theme, but I didn''t want "cold" colours. If I can have the snowflakes on the roof and warmer colours down below, I can get the best of both worlds! I think it will really get that lovely "freezing outside but warm and cosy inside" feeling that I love about winter. All boxes ticked! Woo hoo
36.gif

Thanks everyone, I''ll let you know how it goes when I get a hold of a lighting guy.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Update: I found a great lighting guy in the area who had loads of suggestions. The most price friendly one was static snowflakes projected on the roof with moving smaller lights in between - kind of like mirror lights from a disco ball - to give a slow-moving shimmery effect. I think I like the sound of that more than moving snowflakes, although I'm not very good at visualising things...but I'm excited!!

ETA: great to have insider info Amandine! Maybe I can run a few things by you when I get more info? To be sure I'm not being ripped off!
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey there, I just found this on the Knot trash to treasure board.

http://isaacandkatie.weebly.com/for-sale.html

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ooh that''s exactly what I need Hudson! Thanks
1.gif
The lighting guy gave me these 4 gobos to choose from yesterday. I like the third one, for detail. I''m waiting for him to get back with a quote.

snowflake gobo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results