shape
carat
color
clarity

I think we picked one!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think we finally have a ceremony/reception site! We went to two locations this weekend, both within our budgeted amount.. or at least as cheap as we could possibly find! Both are similar and have outdoor ceremony locations and inside reception. Place one is a little more expensive but I think the ceremony area is a little nicer. Place two has the ceremony in front of the location b/c it''s a country club and we can''t have our ceremony on the golf course during golf season. So although the pics of all the flowers (not there now) do look pretty, it''s still in an area where you can kind of see cars driving by. But it''s a golf course and very pretty in back so lots of picture taking opportunities. Place one doesn''t really have that. Also, place 2 has a patio area outside the reception room where they put tables and they suggested putting a kids table somewhere for coloring books, etc...
They both have many September dates available. As much as I love the idea of having my grama''s chocolate cake ( see the non-traditional cake thread), I think we will just go w/theirs. It''s only $2.50/person for place 1 and $2.00/person for cake 2. I also like the menu selections a little better at place 2.
So it''s seems we''ve decided on place 1 but I''m a little nervous about asking them to hold the date. Oh, the payment options are also better for place 2. Only a small amount upfront and then the rest the day of. Whereas place 1 is more upfront, 1/2 in a few months and the rest 5 days before. I also really liked the lady at place 2 and she seemed very willing to work w/what I want.
I''m excited! I think we''re going w/September 9th.
I didn''t realize this part would be a little scary! Anyone else feel a little fear when about to book a site? It definitely feels real now. I''m getting married!!
36.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I know exactly what you mean Dixie,

for years it's been: when I get married, if I get married, at my wedding etc etc and wondering if he's the one, and then if he will propose.

Now, suddenly it's 'our' wedding and it's for real.

I felt really funny when my parents put down the deposit. Also because I now have THE DATE and THE PLACE and it kind of doesn't feel quite mine yet. It feels like this terrifying deadline right now. I keep thinking on the 26th July 2008 I will be married - OMG!!
23.gif

Almost more scary than exciting. I guess it wears off - at least I hope so!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s so great! It''s really exciting... Congrats on finding the place!
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Pandora, you''re right! It has been a lot of when''s and if''s and now it''s really happening. It''s still hard for me to believe that we''re talking about our wedding, or what happens after we''re married. Now, we can freely talk about it, not just me thinking about it. I''m actually feeling a bit of relief for finally having a date and place. I talked to my FI tonight and we made the final decision.. really, I made it and he agreed so it''s final! Of course, we still have to book the date but that''s the easy part. My feeling is definitely a good mix of scary and exciting.. marriage.. WOW!

Thanks Anchor! I am really excited and now can enjoy the fun parts of wedding planning. There are some fun parts, right???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results