shape
carat
color
clarity

I ordered my dress!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I had originally tried on almost the same exact dress at Davids Bridal back in December. One of my bridesmaids had told me that one of her friends had a good experience with Alfred Angelo, so we decided to look there. I had my 4 bridesmaids, my mom, and future MIL with me. I tried on a few but saved the "twin" dress for last. I liked bits and pieces of each dress but neither of them had everything like the "twin" dress did....so here it is! It''s style # 1678 and I am getting it in Ivory with a navy sash. We''re going to alter the back sash part where it buttons...you can see it in the pictures. It covers the laces and I want to be able to see all of it. We''re going to make the sash stop just beside the corset laces. So here is the front....

IMG_128044.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t mind my face up there...I was deep in thought! haha. Here is the back...you can see how the sash overlaps the lace.

IMG_127522.jpg

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
And here I am holding it a little tighter in the front were it should lay so it doesn''t look like my chest is sticking out so far! My face was a mess in this one so it has the blur thing!

IMG_127411.jpg

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Congrats! You must be so relieved to have such a big decision out of the way. Btw, I think the navy will look beautiful...it''s such a classic look.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Pretty dress!
36.gif
My cousin actually ordered that one too - she got it in their "eggplant" deep purple color for the sash, and our BM dresses are Alfred Angelo in that color too. She''s getting the underlayer in the front (under the lace in the split area) to be the purple color too, so the lace will overlay it and show the lace pattern against the purple background under it - I think it''ll be really pretty! Just a thought for you too!
1.gif
Their navy is really pretty!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I tried on that exact same dress...my mom loved it, but I didn''t think it worked well for my body type. You look great in it though!

Out of curiosity, how are the David''s and Alfred Angelo versions of this dress different? There must be some subtle little differences that made you pick the AA version.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
I am definitely relieved to have that part taken care of. The lady at Alfred Angelo asked when my wedding was and when I told her October of this year she was like
6.gif
"We have to find you a dress!!!" So I''m really happy that it worked out
9.gif

luvthemstrawberries: That''s a good idea, I never thought about that!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
It works great for your figure! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
What a pretty dress!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that dres -- you look great! I had great luck with lots of the alfred angelo styles - i thought they had a great fit
1.gif

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
jstarfireb: Sorry I missed your question somehow! The AA version allowed me to remove the long sash piece in the back and the David''s one did not, it''s all one piece. I think the long sash pieces would look weird since they would be in dark navy color and the sash is pretty wide towards at the end of it. The AA one also felt more comfortable on and not so heavy and most likely better fabric too. The price difference was only $50 so it was a pretty good deal! I ordered it in the short version which is 3 inches shorter than the regular length since I''m only 5''2. The lady at AA said it would decrease the amount of alteration needed also. Also, the Ivory color that I ordered it in wasn''t a "yellowish" color and I thought David''s kinda had that look to it and it wasn''t working for my skin color.

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
By the way...thank you for all the nice compliments!!
21.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty dress - I think it will be really lovely with the navy
1.gif
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 8:09:10 PM
Author: Missy0483
jstarfireb: Sorry I missed your question somehow! The AA version allowed me to remove the long sash piece in the back and the David''s one did not, it''s all one piece. I think the long sash pieces would look weird since they would be in dark navy color and the sash is pretty wide towards at the end of it. The AA one also felt more comfortable on and not so heavy and most likely better fabric too. The price difference was only $50 so it was a pretty good deal! I ordered it in the short version which is 3 inches shorter than the regular length since I''m only 5''2. The lady at AA said it would decrease the amount of alteration needed also. Also, the Ivory color that I ordered it in wasn''t a ''yellowish'' color and I thought David''s kinda had that look to it and it wasn''t working for my skin color.

Very interesting! I also like it without the long sash pieces. I think AA in general has nicer fabrics than David''s...I might have gone with an AA dress in the first place if I had known that before buying (mine is from David''s).

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
It is very pretty and suits your figure very well
1.gif

Congratulations! Thats one big element out of the way!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely. Congrats on getting the dress!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
It is really lovely :) congrats on finding your dress
36.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Missy your dress looks very lovely on you! You made a great choice!

Congrats dear! I can''t wait to see it with the navy...I think it will look perfect
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Lovely dress! You look stunning!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!!! I have a while before I get to see it on again, I can''t wait! I''m pretty excited to see it in the color I picked!
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Looks great! Congratulations!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Can''t wait to see your version!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

teapot

Shiny_Rock
Your dress looks like it was made for you. Also, thanks for comparing the AA to David''s dresses. My friend is beginning her search so it will be nice to give her insight since I didn''t try on any AA dresses.

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
You look stunning in your dress! Your future husband is going to be totally in awe. Although I didn''t end up ordering from them, I love AA''s gowns as well. Congratulations on having a big decision out of the way! :D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results