shape
carat
color
clarity

Does a Coup take priority over Jewelry or not.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Please don't reply. I needed to acknowledge that events are exploding. Speech repression is a terrible thing even from a semi-private-public website.
I respect this website only as far as its facts and truth about gemstones and diamonds are truthful. Life is more than that.

Annette

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,
Please don't reply. I needed to acknowledge that events are exploding. Speech repression is a terrible thing even from a semi-private-public website.
I respect this website only as far as its facts and truth about gemstones and diamonds are truthful. Life is more than that.

Annette

Hang in there. Its almost over. And again, I recommend Debate Politics...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course. Jewelry is a joyful distraction that helps us soldier on despite all the many challenges we are all facing. As a country, as a world and as individuals.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I misread the title as "Does a coupe take priority jewelry or not" and clicked on the thread immediately in hopes of seeing pictures of fancy high end sports coupes...

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette- these are very uncertain times. I have friends who think life will return to normal and those who are prepping for the end. I can talk on this forum about beautiful sparklies while getting an IM from a friend who wants to tell me where to score ammo. I am somewhere in the middle. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Stay safe. Hopefully we will end in a place where we all feel safe, all have food, shelter, friends and emerge from the pandemic and political turmoil to a bright spring sunrise.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I am letting this thread remain because it is a discussion of priorities and not politics, but if it veers in that direction we will remove it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad PS is a place to visit that's free of the distraction/noise of current events. But @smitcompton it is tough for me to not want to talk about these things with a community of people I've known virtually for so many years. I get it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suppose that I’m used to compartmentalizing given that I’m a teacher. Grateful for PS and the fantasy world it provides me. It’s not like I can discuss diamonds with friends and family. They would all dismiss me as frivolous and shallow. Ugh. I see what you mean.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called Graff and asked them to find me the 11,780 diamonds they forgot to give me for Christmas.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those of us who wanted political discussions to continue here have accepted the decision and have moved on.

The continuing hypocrisy of those who are still giddy about political discussions being banned irks me somewhat.

If you're coming here to be distracted from upsetting issues, for fantasy land, and don't want to be depressed why aren't you demanding the banning of discussions dealing with covid-19, rape, depression, abuse, divorce, death and suffering?

Oh, you can just scroll by those or stop reading them if they bother you? But you refused to do that to political discussions. Some of those who lobbied strongest for political discussions to be banned rarely participated in them. Yet they wanted them gone. Why? Because they didn't like the topic. Some of them said it upset them just to see the titles as they scrolled through Hangout. Poppycock.

Oh wait, those gut wrenching topics are ok because people come here for support right? It's ok to come here for THAT kind of support but not to blow steam about political issues. Those "approved" topics give you the good feels when you give your esteemed opinion. You like those topics, and if you don't, you tolerate their appearance here and somehow manage the discipline to scroll by those that could trigger the bad feels for you.

I'm sure there are forums for every life challenge that would dispense with the need for those depressing and disturbing topics to be discussed here. So for those of you who keep telling us that there are a lot of political forums to which we can go, I hope you are just as willing to take your own advice.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Those of us who wanted political discussions to continue here have accepted the decision and have moved on.

The continuing hypocrisy of those who are still giddy about political discussions being banned irks me somewhat.

If you're coming here to be distracted from upsetting issues, for fantasy land, and don't want to be depressed why aren't you demanding the banning of discussions dealing with covid-19, rape, depression, abuse, divorce, death and suffering?

Oh, you can just scroll by those or stop reading them if they bother you? But you refused to do that to political discussions. Some of those who lobbied strongest for political discussions to be banned rarely participated in them. Yet they wanted them gone. Why? Because they didn't like the topic. Some of them said it upset them just to see the titles as they scrolled through Hangout. Poppycock.

Oh wait, those gut wrenching topics are ok because people come here for support right? It's ok to come here for THAT kind of support but not to blow steam about political issues. Those "approved" topics give you the good feels when you give your esteemed opinion. You like those topics, and if you don't, you tolerate their appearance here and somehow manage the discipline to scroll by those that could trigger the bad feels for you.

I'm sure there are forums for every life challenge that would dispense with the need for those depressing and disturbing topics to be discussed here. So for those of you who keep telling us that there are a lot of political forums to which we can go, I hope you are just as willing to take your own advice.
++++++1

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I admit this topic was a bit of a temper tantrum for me. It was supposed to be rhetorical. The next day I went to my e-mail to see i if I was given a time out. I was not. Which was good.

A few nights before, Salman Rushdie was on TV commenting on recent events. I thought he spoke with simplicity and clarity. His main thrust was" arguing is what democracy is all about. Its messy, but fundamentally its opposing views clashing. So. we ought not be afraid of arguing. In the end for solutions to arise this is the method America is all about.

So, lets us lift our glasses to arguing. In the end, its the right thing to do., as hard as it is at times.

Annette and Salmon Rushdie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I admit this topic was a bit of a temper tantrum for me. It was supposed to be rhetorical. The next day I went to my e-mail to see i if I was given a time out. I was not. Which was good.

A few nights before, Salman Rushdie was on TV commenting on recent events. I thought he spoke with simplicity and clarity. His main thrust was" arguing is what democracy is all about. Its messy, but fundamentally its opposing views clashing. So. we ought not be afraid of arguing. In the end for solutions to arise this is the method America is all about.

So, lets us lift our glasses to arguing. In the end, its the right thing to do., as hard as it is at times.

Annette and Salmon Rushdie

Agree!

lchaim.gif

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But Matata, those other issues that you're talking about don't tend to stir tempers the way that political discussion does. (I'm not quoting your message only because it's long, and I'm trying to do my part for ease of reading, but it's your message re. people being glad about the ban that I'm answering.)

Anyway, to me, the differences between the political threads and the threads on other topics you referred to, such as rape or depression, are that people don't usually end up bitterly arguing in those threads like they do in political threads. Also, I don't think there's ever a time when one of those topics has overwhelmed Hangout. There were just so many threads on politics that it became really tiresome. I mean, imagine if you weren't interested in sewing but Hangout became overwhelmed with threads about sewing, and worse, everyone was arguing fiercely about sewing. You'd think, "I really miss the old days when Hangout had a great variety of topics and it wasn't all people yelling at each other about sewing!"

Politics and religion...I don't know why, but they are the ultimate hot potatoes. 'Twas ever thus.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Politics and religion...I don't know why, but they are the ultimate hot potatoes. 'Twas ever thus.
We Americans have the ability to turn absolutely anything into political or religious drama. Sometimes both. Healthcare. Human rights. Education. Technology. Everything but sewing, really.

You and I probably just jinxed sewing.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We Americans have the ability to turn absolutely anything into political or religious drama. Sometimes both. Healthcare. Human rights. Education. Technology. Everything but sewing, really.

You and I probably just jinxed sewing.

You don't think that sewing sends children the wrong message about sharp objects, which can, after all, be used as weapons? I think so.

:lol:

ETA: And what about the sheep, humiliatingly divested of their coats, all in the service of such an unhealthy and selfish hobby as sewing?

Oh, wait. That's knitting. :lol: :lol: Which also puts sharp objects in the hands of the masses!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I misread the title as "Does a coupe take priority jewelry or not" and clicked on the thread immediately in hopes of seeing pictures of fancy high end sports coupes...

I'm too old to drive a spots car. My wife had been threatening me for the past 10 yrs about buying herself a two door RED sports car. I said yeah...I can imagine you a 60 yrs old granny driving a red sports car.... rotflmao2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results