shape
carat
color
clarity

I have to have this dress... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
This is my dream dress and I haven''t found anything I like nearly as much, but it''s $5,400. My dress budget is $5,000 including taxes and alterations. This dress would come to a total of about $6,200 with everything.

Anybody know if I can get it cheaper somewhere else or something VERY similar?

tatiana.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Can you re-attach the photo? Nothing is showing up in your post.
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
I love that dress. It''s gorgeous!

I would suggest checking out any sample sales that any of Amsale''s authorized retailers might be having - Thing2of2 got a wicked deal on her Amsale dress that was a sample from Sak''s.

Also - maybe you can stalk out sites like www.preownedweddingdresses.com or sellyourwedding.com etc .. Someone might be selling one?

I don''t have any suggestions for one that looks similar though. Sorry.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow- that dress is absolutely stunning.

I know Romona Keveza has a few one-shouldered gowns, but I doubt they''d run you any less than an Amsale.

I agree with Spark- perhaps you could purchase the sample at a discount? Having it made by a well-known and respected dressmaker in your city could also be an option.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
LOVE IT!

If its from the current season you might be able to get 10% off if you find it at a trunk show. You''re $1200 over budget and 10% off would take you down $540. That''s not too far off. You can make up the difference by reducing costs elsewhere. My dress cost an arm and a leg but I bought a $90 veil online and I got my shoes on sale (40% off). Its all about give and take.

I think you can make it work since your budget and your dream dress are not wildly different.

lurkinglurker

Shiny_Rock
It may seem a bit awkward, but don''t be afraid to ask for a lower price. I got my dress at an high end retailer and just asked if they could take 10% ($500) off because another store I had been in had offered to extend a trunk show discount to me. As long as you are polite, it never hurts to ask - and they may say yes! Good luck.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT! I have an idea!! Why dont you just have it made? go to a seamstress and print her the pics, easy.
Many brides here have had their dresses made for them and they were MUCH cheaper than $5K or even $2k AND they had a ton of detailling to them.
Having it made seems like a perfect idea! or do you want it for the name and to only get it from Amsale?

newsboysgrl777

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I fully admit I'm not a fashionista at all...I hardly know fashion...but $5,000 on a wedding dress?? You're only going to wear the dress for a few hours (okay, let's even stretch it to 12 hours) And, the dress in question, although LOVELY, doesn't have anything, THAT I CAN SEE, that makes it work $1,000, let alone 5!! Is it made of something extremely special? Or are you paying for the name?? Again, I admit that I am clueless about this stuff, so please don't take this as criticism; I really am asking because I don't know.

Maybe I'm just being naive, but there was a dress I was in love with and considered trading the dress I had already purchased for it, but with a $1,500 price tag, I couldn't justify it...but when I read $5,000, my eyes literally got HUGE.

And, i realize that I didn't help your cause AT ALL..and I'm sorry, but I was just so shocked by the price tag that I felt like I had to say something. I sincerely hope you find this dress for CONSIDERABLY less (I'm talking THOUSANDS, in my mind...LOL), and that you love it. :) But, I think the suggestion to have a similar one made (and made to your specifications which will make it truly YOURS and one-of-a-kind) would not only be far more special, but far less costly!! Good luck!! :)

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:59:07 AM
Author: newsboysgrl777
Okay, I fully admit I''m not a fashionista at all...I hardly know fashion...but $5,000 on a wedding dress?? You''re only going to wear the dress for a few hours (okay, let''s even stretch it to 12 hours) And, the dress in question, although LOVELY, doesn''t have anything, THAT I CAN SEE, that makes it work $1,000, let alone 5!! Is it made of something extremely special? Or are you paying for the name?? Again, I admit that I am clueless about this stuff, so please don''t take this as criticism; I really am asking because I don''t know.

Maybe I''m just being naive, but there was a dress I was in love with and considered trading the dress I had already purchased for it, but with a $1,500 price tag, I couldn''t justify it...but when I read $5,000, my eyes literally got HUGE.

And, i realize that I didn''t help your cause AT ALL..and I''m sorry, but I was just so shocked by the price tag that I felt like I had to say something. I sincerely hope you find this dress for CONSIDERABLY less (I''m talking THOUSANDS, in my mind...LOL), and that you love it. :) But, I think the suggestion to have a similar one made (and made to your specifications which will make it truly YOURS and one-of-a-kind) would not only be far more special, but far less costly!! Good luck!! :)

Sometimes the dresses are this expensive because you are paying for a certain designer name and with this comes certain guarantees about quality. Certain dresses, while they may not look like different than others to the untrained eye, have very costly materials and fabrics. Different satins and silks can get very pricy, but with that price there is usually great workmenship. I have a Monique Lhuillier which also has a huge price tag, but the lace on the dress is amazing and that is what ML is known for. For me this was something that made me feel amazing and I am assuming that dress made Diamond feel amazing too.

Diamond- that dress is WOW! I would def look into getting a trunk show discount or can you shop around at other salons that carry it to see if the price is different?

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I can see why you love it.

Have you tried http://www.bridepower.com/. They sell sample gowns at deep discounts and have a gown locator service if they don''t currently have that particular gown in stock. They''re completely legit btw, they have a store outside of Boston that I visited when shopping for my gown.

Good luck!

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a very pretty dress. I agree with the idea of asking for 10%- heck start out asking for %15! Not to be a damper, just remember to factor taxes and alterations into your dress budget. Depending on where you are, these can add up quickly.

One more site for second hand and sample dresses...http://www.oncewed.com

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I''d ask for a discount too. Just tell them that your budget is 5k all in and see would they do anything for you.

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2009 4:59:07 AM
Author: newsboysgrl777
Okay, I fully admit I''m not a fashionista at all...I hardly know fashion...but $5,000 on a wedding dress?? You''re only going to wear the dress for a few hours (okay, let''s even stretch it to 12 hours) And, the dress in question, although LOVELY, doesn''t have anything, THAT I CAN SEE, that makes it work $1,000, let alone 5!! Is it made of something extremely special? Or are you paying for the name?? Again, I admit that I am clueless about this stuff, so please don''t take this as criticism; I really am asking because I don''t know.

Maybe I''m just being naive, but there was a dress I was in love with and considered trading the dress I had already purchased for it, but with a $1,500 price tag, I couldn''t justify it...but when I read $5,000, my eyes literally got HUGE.

And, i realize that I didn''t help your cause AT ALL..and I''m sorry, but I was just so shocked by the price tag that I felt like I had to say something. I sincerely hope you find this dress for CONSIDERABLY less (I''m talking THOUSANDS, in my mind...LOL), and that you love it. :) But, I think the suggestion to have a similar one made (and made to your specifications which will make it truly YOURS and one-of-a-kind) would not only be far more special, but far less costly!! Good luck!! :)
Well a big part of it is the designer and the workmanship that comes with it - as sba771 metntioned. I think with this dress, it''s not as much about intricacy of the design but the fabric that makes it costly. Silk Radzmir is very expensive and hard to find (according to a friend who owns a fabric store).

Diamond Confused

Shiny_Rock
Thaks for the advice girls. I am actually going to an Amsale trunk show next Thursday so I''ll ask for a discount.

I may look into getting one made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results