shape
carat
color
clarity

I have my dress! in my possession! Here it is - Priscilla of Boston Nora

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t want to post about it until it all worked out because I was afraid to get too excited, but it HAS worked out, so here''s my story:)

I saw a dress I liked on preownedweddingdresses.com so I drove to Houston to try it on in the store. I loved it, so I bought the girl''s dress last Friday. It arrived in the mail today, and it is perfect! There''s a tiny tear in the tulle part underneath the skirt, but that''s it. There''s no way I would be able to tell that it had been worn just by looking at it. I am super pumped about recycling and getting more for my money by buying a used dress, and I am so pumped that I actually have the dress instead of waiting months and months for it to come in.

Here are some pictures of me trying it on in the store. Remember that it is a sample and too small in my hips! Mine fits, but I was by myself when I tried it on so I couldn''t zip it or take pictures.

pob4mb.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh! That is so beautiful! You look very pretty! If you don''t mind me asking how much did u pay 4 it? It looks very pricey!

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
The entire dress is corded lace. It''s fit and flare and in the right size, it''s not so tight at my hips. It has detachable sleeves that I plan to wear for just the ceremony. The sash and brooch were added by the sales associate. I love the look but will look for a lighter sash.

pob4dc.jpg

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty! I love the added accesory!
12.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
The dress looks lovely on you and I like its sleeves! Not sure though how the sleeves + the sash look together, but I am not a fashion diva, so if you love the look, go for it (not that you needed my permission). Then again, you said you were planning to take its sleeves off for the reception...

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
This is the back with the sleeves attached and no sash on. Remember it's too small, so it's bunching at the waist:)

pob4bb.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
okay last one! I have to show it with a veil to make it bridal, even though I won''t be wearing this veil
36.gif

pob4kb.jpg

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:13:08 AM
Author: mtjoya
Gosh! That is so beautiful! You look very pretty! If you don't mind me asking how much did u pay 4 it? It looks very pricey!

Thank you. I don't mind. The dress retails for $2350, and I paid a little under 50% of that. Since I didn't have my heart set on any one dress in particular, it actually made the whole "buying a used dress" thing easy. I just looked at that web site for a while, sent emails to people I was interested in, went dress shopping to see what styles looked good on me, and finally found a dress that fit all my wants.

It's fitted in the hips without being a trumpet. It's all lace, but doesn't have any beads or sequins. It has a sweetheart neckline and a V in the back. It doesn't have covered buttons (I love covered buttons), but at least it's zip up which I prefer to the corset. And finally, I was going to have a little bolero made to wear for my ceremony, but these detachable cap sleeves will save me the expense.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:34:34 AM
Author: Guilty Pleasure

It's fitted in the hips without being a trumpet. It's all lace, but doesn't have any beads or sequins. It has a sweetheart neckline and a V in the back. It doesn't have covered buttons (I love covered buttons), but at least it's zip up which I prefer to the corset. And finally, I was going to have a little bolero made to wear for my ceremony, but these detachable cap sleeves will save me the expense.
I like that about your dress, as I am sure it will give you extra room to dance the night away :)

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
It looks so great on you Guilty, Congrats!
36.gif
I love the sleeves on it looks very elegant, well with or without it, just lovely.
30.gif
It reminds me of a monique lhuillier gown. congrats such a great buy!
36.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty! =)

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats on a great deal and a beautiful dress!

I bought my dress through preownedweddingdresses.com too and I was so happy to get exactly what I wanted but not pay the big price.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I realllllllllly love the sleeves!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That dress looks beautiful on you I especially love it with the sleeves it just adds something to it that is so whimsical and romantic.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love it with the sleeves and the veil!!!
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You look beautiful, really beautiful. Thanks so much for posting those pictures!
36.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I love it GP you look gorgeous!
36.gif

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous! The dress looks great on you!
36.gif

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 12:34:34 AM
Author: Guilty Pleasure

Date: 2/4/2009 12:13:08 AM
Author: mtjoya
Gosh! That is so beautiful! You look very pretty! If you don''t mind me asking how much did u pay 4 it? It looks very pricey!

Thank you. I don''t mind. The dress retails for $2350, and I paid a little under 50% of that. Since I didn''t have my heart set on any one dress in particular, it actually made the whole ''buying a used dress'' thing easy. I just looked at that web site for a while, sent emails to people I was interested in, went dress shopping to see what styles looked good on me, and finally found a dress that fit all my wants.

It''s fitted in the hips without being a trumpet. It''s all lace, but doesn''t have any beads or sequins. It has a sweetheart neckline and a V in the back. It doesn''t have covered buttons (I love covered buttons), but at least it''s zip up which I prefer to the corset. And finally, I was going to have a little bolero made to wear for my ceremony, but these detachable cap sleeves will save me the expense.
You should ask your seamstress/alterations person for a quote for covered buttons. I had asked for a quote a few months ago, and I recall it being fairly reasonable (I don''t remember exactly, but it was something like 20 cents a button, or $50...not sure which).

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on getting your dress GP, it''s beautiful!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is stunning! i love it on you - congrats on getting a great deal!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress, and congratulations on the great deal
36.gif

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for the compliments. I was so excited yesterday and just had to show it to someone! Since I didn''t want to show it to all the people who would see me at the wedding, I was glad to be able to share it here.

I am glad y''all like the sleeves. I was worried people might think they look odd with that piece of lace that goes across the top of my back, but when I think of the money I will save by not making a bolero, I''m happy:)

Parrot Tulips, I have considered asking my seamstress to add buttons, and probably will if it''s not too expensive. However, I think the dress is lovely and no one else will "miss" the buttons, so it won''t be worth it if it''s costly. I''m trying to be sensible about frivolous expenses... but it''s so hard!
26.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on getting a very pretty dress at a great price!
36.gif
It looks great on you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love the back of it!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
Love. that. dress!!!

Its so beautiful and I ALSO love the sleeves. It makes the dress even more special! Now that you saved all that money, you can get some FABULOUS shoes!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
SO STUNNING!!!!!! This is the exact style gown I am so in love with. It''s gorgeous on you!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

karend26

Shiny_Rock
Love it!!!!! I want to try one on just like it!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
That dress is GORGEOUS!! I love the detachable sleeves!!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! I think it''s gorgeous! When do we get pics of you in your dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results