shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a venue (pics) and a date!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvbug

Shiny_Rock
WOW your venue is unbelievable!!! Looks AMAZING!
Congrats and good luck!

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
It sounds like you do have a lot of the big things already done! Just find that band and photographer and pick out your food. You should be good to go for the most part. Any dress pics to share?
2.gif

Well, taking care of my dress in my case refers to hiring a custom designer/dressmaker. So I don''t have any pictures of the actual dress, but I can show you the inspiration dress. It''s a picture from a 1950''s pattern I found - I just love the skirts from that time and wasn''t able to find any new dresses with that shape. So I went the custom route even thought it makes me a bit nervous, hopefully we are both imagining the same thing.

The bodice will come a bit lower, like an inch or two below my natural waist and it will be made strapless with a low back. The skirt is the exciting part....triple layered organza circle skirt
9.gif

dressexample3.jpg

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, your dress is going to be STUNNING! I almost went the custom route, I really was inspired by the Jackie O wedding dress, but then I went shopping and put on my dress and the rest is history!

I''m sure your seamstress is on top of what you''re looking for and is going to do a fabulous job! I can''t wait to see pics, because you WILL post them eventually, right??? Triple layered organza circle skirt?!?!?!
30.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
you''re getting married the day before my birthday! :) ill definitely be thinkin of ya! teehee
beautiful venue too

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW!
6.gif

I can''t wait to see pictures of your wedding! It''s going to be amazing! That venue is so elegant and grand! And I''m IN LOVE with that dress pattern! It looks perfect for your venue! Yay!
36.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 1:34:38 PM
Author: Smurfysmiles
you''re getting married the day before my birthday! :) ill definitely be thinkin of ya! teehee

beautiful venue too

Thanks! How neat that your birthday is on the 6th! Were your parents excited/worried that your birthday might line up with the 4th of July?

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/28/2009 2:32:28 AM
Author: KatyWI
Oh my goodness, your dress is going to be STUNNING! I almost went the custom route, I really was inspired by the Jackie O wedding dress, but then I went shopping and put on my dress and the rest is history!

I''m sure your seamstress is on top of what you''re looking for and is going to do a fabulous job! I can''t wait to see pics, because you WILL post them eventually, right??? Triple layered organza circle skirt?!?!?!
30.gif

How fun that found a dress you feel in love with! I really wanted to have that magical moment when I tried on the PERFECT wedding dress and cried and could picture walking down the aisle in it, but it never happened. I tried every shop within 20 miles of Seattle and even a few in chicago, but no luck. So I just ended up going about it nostalgically - I have wanted a circle skirt to twirl around in since I was little.

I will definitely post pics of my dress and wedding - I love looking at all of the beautiful wedding pictures everyone else posts - so I will gladly return the favor
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results