shape
carat
color
clarity

I have a confession...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I, smurfyimproved, cannot do a pullup.

I found out tonight after purchasing our brand new handy dandy pull up bar and weights. But hopefully, after 3 months, I can tell a different story.

Thanks for reading
2.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you, Smurfy! I can do pullups after training for a while on the assisted pullup machine at the gym, but as I''ve been very out of practice I''m sure I wouldn''t be able to eek one out right now for the life of me.

You''re in good company!

I had a pullup bar in my bedroom doorway in high school and I used to do pullups every night during hockey season. Man, I wish I had my high school athleticism back . . .

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Oof, me either! I do lift weights 2x week, but I''m a runner. I can run miles on end, but no pull-ups for me.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
At least i''m in good company, DH can''t do one either heehee
But don''t tell him i told you all that!
27.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
smurfy, I can''t do one by myself, only if the trainer is holding my legs and helping to push me up.

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I can almost do one! But not quite.....
37.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Dear smurfy,

Hello, my name is Dragonfly.... and I .. I cannot do a pull up. I also can''t do more than 10 push ups without putting my knees down. I recently tried to bench press fifty pounds.... and failed miserably.

You are not alone my dear.... we should do a challenge. We could set a goal to be able to do five pull ups and fifty push ups by the end of the year.
2.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Today starts day 1 of p90x for dh and i....*drags feet* lol

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I can''t do one either. Which is sad, because I can remember when I COULD do one...

Oh well... will get back there...

good luck with P90X Smurfy!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Limping back to tell you all I made it through day 1 haha!
I did it!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I have never ever been able to do a pullup unless someone was holding me up. I like the machine at the gym where you can put on a counterweight and then do a pullup. Do the other weights help balance against your own weight, and as you get strong you reduce how much of your weight the machine is taking on and increase the amount you''re actually pulling up. Not sure if this makes sense ...

And not sure why I said I liked that machine considering I hate gym equipment
3.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy you HAVE to tell me about that.. I am debating on trying to get it.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
morning of day 2, i feel like i''ve been hit by a semi truck. although i attribute part of that to waking up sick as well
7.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
p90x update:
just did day 2 with dh and we had a blast! We did the entire workout today and worked up a good sweat!! I''ve lost 2 lbs and dh has lost FIVE LBS!!!!
23.gif
36.gif
35.gif

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Me neither. I trained with weights for years after I graduated college and it took me 4 years to be able to do 15 without any help. I blame it on carrying most of my weight in my lower body. I wouldn''t even dare try one these days. I can however bench 50lbs but probably only about 10 reps.

Keep at it if that is what you want and you will get there.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I''ll join this club - don''t think I could do one either
7.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Me neither. I have super muscular legs and no definition in my arms. I''m working on it...

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I, too, am in the "never done a pull up" category. Even as a kid. My legs are strong and toned from skating, running... but my arms? Ha! Anything too heavy I have to get DH...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results