shape
carat
color
clarity

I Guess You Can Be Surprised...

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Well, the boyfriend got me. I guess I should call him my fiance now since he proposed. He conspired with my sister on setting it up. I will have pictures and a story tomorrow :).

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Yeaaa Congrats ! :) Cant wait to hear the story and see hand shots of the ring and I am really glad you were surprised ! :)

snoopkat

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: can't wait to read the story tomorrow and see pictures of your ring which no doubt will be beautiful

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!! Congrats! Can't wait to hear your story and see pics!

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Can't wait for your update

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! :appl: Can't wait to hear about the proposal and see your ring!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yay! Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures! :appl:

confusedaisy

Shiny_Rock
WOO-HOO!!! CONGRATS!! :appl:
Can't wait to see the pics and hear the story!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!!!! That's wonderful news. I can't wait for the update. Congrats!!!! :appl:

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Congrats!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! but you know we are now sitting in anticipation since you just did a drive-by-posting, lol!

wwmd8118

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! So glad he was able to surprise you! :appl:

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
The Story:
A week ago my sister told me she wanted to have lunch / dinner together and named a few places that she was willing to try. One of them was a restaurant I had been to and liked quite a bit so I suggested we go there. My boyfriend had to work on an extra project at work so I was pretty bummed about not being able to spend time together. He had suggested that he work late that one day so that we could have a day or two off together. I told him I didn't want him working too long but he insisted.

Yesterday my sister and I go to the restaurant. I now know why sister could be leading me to a slaughter house without batting an eye because she had a crazy poker face. I was had been hoping he would propose but became convinced I was just being crazy. A few nights ago I had brought up the possibility of him proposing that day but he told me not to get my hopes up since he didn't want to see me disappointed. I believed him :p.

So we arrive at the restaurant and we sit down. My sister excuses herself to go to the washroom. I'm busy reading the menu when I see someone appear, it's my boyfriend. He's wearing his grey suit, which is my favourite, and I see a ring box in his hand. I said something along the lines of "Oh my God" before I covered my eyes. At this point I am happy, relieved, embarrassed and a whole whack of things and I start to tear up.

I can't even remember what he said. Something about dinner and getting married. At this point I have the menu covering my face because I'm so embarrassed. My sister is insisting I put the menu down and look at the ring. I keep saying, "No, no, no" which kinda scared him. He slips the ring on my finger and eventually I put the menu down. The three of us had a lovely dinner and we went to see my parents afterwards to break the news to my mom. My dad already knew since he had asked him permission earlier in the day.

We drove back home afterwards where I found two dozen cream coloured roses (my favourite colour) and a bottle of champagne that he had been hiding, how sneaky.

Specs:
- 1.2 ct, F, VS1, AGS 1 (All were ideal except for the polish)
- 18k palladium white gold
- Semi-custom x-prong from Whiteflash.

Pictures:
The set-up
Engagement.jpg

Whiteflash ring box
Engagement2.jpg

Detail on flower bouquet
Engagement3.jpg

Side profile
Engagement4.jpg

Top down
Engagement5.jpg

Front
Engagement6.jpg

Hand shot (excuse my enormous size 8 mitts :p)
Engagement7.jpg

dandyandi

Rough_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Beautiful!!! Love the story, especially about how surprised you were! I'm sure the look on your face was priceless :D And your ring is amazing! So lovely on your hand! I'm very excited and happy for you both :twirl: Congratulations!!

FuturePsyD

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!! How exciting!

Your ring is beautiful and looks just perfect on your hand!!! :appl:

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock
Gummy-bear congratulations!!! I can picture just how embarrassed and surprised you were! What a gorgeous ring too!! I LOVE IT (and the flowers)! :love: More handshots please, hehe :saint:

snow12

Rough_Rock
Congrats! What a beautiful ring and awesome proposal!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A++ Congrats!

delta_loves_alpha

Rough_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous! Congratulations!

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring and I love the roses! Congrats!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ohh what a great proposal story :) and your ring is gorgeous!!! congratulations!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! And such stunning shots! I bet you're happy! :appl:

gummy-bear

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone. I can't stop looking at it and the fiance has caught me glancing / staring :p. I'm pretty self-conscious about my large hands, especially since everyone on PS is so petite. Hoping other ladies with big hands will have something to refer to for coverage.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Gummy-Bear! What a surprise! Your ring is gorgeouls and looks very elegant on your hand. :appl: :love: :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and looks perfect on your hand! What a sweet man and sneaky sister!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Great story, and beautiful pictures. Congrats again!!! :appl:

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Lovely ring!

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is gorgeous, and your proposal story is so sweet. It's awesome that your fiance was able to surprise you like that!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, what a sweet proposal! The ring is gorgeous and looks absolutely perfect on your hand--and don't worry, there are still several of us size 8 PSers around :)

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!!!! I love it, what a wonderful surprise! The roses are so pretty and oh YOUR RING is so beautiful, elegant and timeless! It looks perfect on your hand and you do not have freakish hands, they are quite pretty:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results