shape
carat
color
clarity

I can't use microfiber cloth. Am I alone?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hands have rough skin.
Microfiber cloth catches/snags on it in a million places.
It is like rough sandpaper with the sand glued to both sides.
It feels almost like a million tiny electrical shocks, and gives me the ebbie jiebbies.

I have a jacket with pockets of this stuff. GRR! :angryfire:
Drives me nuts.

Everyone seems to love microfiber cloth.
I can't go near the stuff.

Am I alone?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have your pockets redone with different fabric. It might cost you $20-$25 but would be worth it, imo.

Your hands are rough from playing guitar, right? I was going to suggest regular manicures but that would ruin your callouses.

I have flannel sheets we use in the winter. If I don't have freshly shaved legs it drives me nuts to sleep on them. LOL

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
I have to put hand lotion on first... Sometimes before even using a paper towel.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them! I buy them in bulk at Costco. Sometimes I do find them a little scratchy but I get over it because I use them for everything.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the same problem, I wash my hands a lot and well use them for practical things and then end up washing them which makes them have rough little pieces that snag on things.

Try a good hand cream at night when you sleep so you don't wash it off.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a fan of microfiber either and I don't feel that my skin is especially rough. The texture drives me batty.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny this happens to me too occasionally though I still use microfiber cloths. They are so helpful for cleaning and stuff and like luv2sparkle I buy them in bulk at Costco.

I just moisturize if I need to beforehand and it works just fine. I wash my hands dozens of times a day (for work and whenever necessary) and though I moisturize after each washing my hands still have some rough areas that snag on things like the microfiber cloth. If you moisturize right before you might be OK with using them Kenny.

I find Waxelene helpful for moisturizing my hands.

waxelene-9oz-b-600x600.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also cannot stand the feel of microfiber clothes, I use cream on my hands before touching one.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1462454303|4027592 said:
I also cannot stand the feel of microfiber clothes, I use cream on my hands before touching one.

Ditto. I am exactly the same way. I'm always slapping on moisturizer while using them or I end up with sandpaper hands.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I don't use them anymore. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me or spiders crawling up my back. And I don't have rough hands! But the cloths somehow manage to find those one or two spots on my fingers that aren't perfectly smooth and then get snagged. It's a very unpleasant sensation.

I see lots of people put on cream before using the cloths. But I also hate the sensation of putting on cream only to have it get all over things. :shifty: :shifty:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1462378200|4027170 said:
My hands have rough skin.
Microfiber cloth catches/snags on it in a million places.
It is like rough sandpaper with the sand glued to both sides.
It feels almost like a million tiny electrical shocks, and gives me the ebbie jiebbies.

I have a jacket with pockets of this stuff. GRR! :angryfire:
Drives me nuts.

Everyone seems to love microfiber cloth.
I can't go near the stuff.

Am I alone?
Nope. Same here. I am totally hands and body-lotion averse (no matter how much my doctor wants me to use it), and that stuff makes me feel like I am touching fiberglass.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results