shape
carat
color
clarity

I Can't Believe I'm in the LIW Thread!!!!!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies! I've been a member of Pricescope for awhile, however, since I became a member I am no longer married to my ex (long story but we divorced after 12 years together, 7 years of marriage and 2 of those years spent separated).

On to happier times:
The start of this year I met the most amazing man I NEVER thought existed (I actually met him last summer but TBC). In my years separated I spent alot of time dating around for the hell of it, because I knew what it would take for me to get married again and I didn't think that man existed, so I just "played the field". Last summer I saw a guy in my boxing class whom I thought was very attractive but he was shy and 3 other guys stepped to me first LOL. Needless to say I spent the rest of last year dating those guys and a few others. I ran into the shy stranger, randomly, on the train the start of this year, I struck up an innocent conversation, we went out on our first date two days later and have been together ever since. Because of our relationship past, where we are in life, and knowing exactly who we are and what we wanted, we both knew instantly that we were with "the one". ANYWAY, to make a super long story semi-long :twirl: we started talking about living together in January (when his lease ended), however I have a strict "no cohabitation before engagement rule" and I told him that I was not interested in playing house at this point in my life. He said he wanted to marry me, had no doubts about that and he respected and would honor my belief. WELL.....in September an apt in my bulding unexpectedly came available, it was EXACTLY what we were looking for. We didn't jump on it right away and waited, and a few weeks later they were offering an unbelievable special on the apartment, so we got it. I was hesitant because this was breaking my personal "rule", but I'm confident he will do right by me. We've now been living together for a month, things are GREAT. I am so head over heels in love with him, but...........where is the proposal???

I *think* I know he either has the ring or is waiting for it to come in. But for some reason, these last two weeks I have been feeling uncharacteristically impatient, to the point where I'm getting short with him because I'm just READY. Now, I know that this is "his moment to shine", and I respect that..........that is why I am here to vent with other women who understand my frustration, as irrational as it may be. *Sigh* I'm venting, and I needed a release. I just don't want to say something to him and "ruin" what ever he may be planning, but it's SO hard when I don't know when that is LOL

Thanks for *listening*.
Pricescope, I'm BACK!!!!!!! :wavey:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the madhouse!! Just kidding.. its lovely here. Lots of support and nice ladies to share the wait with.

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
Lol, vent away!

It can be seriously frustrating when you know they have the ring (I MEAN WHATS THE WAIT)! But yep, the best advice is come vent here not to him!

I also had it in my head not to move in till we were engaged but then I went back on the believe, but had a talk with him about living together being a stepping stone and not being permanent, but that WAS back in May. But we have only been together a couple of years and there is no rush, though I am pretty hopefull its going to happen at the end of the year.

Maybe your SO is waiting for the holidays!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome! :wavey:

You're at the perfect place. I hope he asks you soon but while you're here vent vent vent!

P.S. Do you have a certain ring in mind?

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie|1289430387|2760436 said:
Welcome to the madhouse!! Just kidding.. its lovely here. Lots of support and nice ladies to share the wait with.

Thanks Maisie! :wavey:

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
PrincessNatalie|1289453983|2760984 said:
Lol, vent away!

It can be seriously frustrating when you know they have the ring (I MEAN WHATS THE WAIT)! But yep, the best advice is come vent here not to him!

I also had it in my head not to move in till we were engaged but then I went back on the believe, but had a talk with him about living together being a stepping stone and not being permanent, but that WAS back in May. But we have only been together a couple of years and there is no rush, though I am pretty hopefull its going to happen at the end of the year.

Maybe your SO is waiting for the holidays!

LOL I think engagements are just one of those things men and women will never experience the same way. I have NO clue how men can be SOOOOOOOOOOO patient! I mean, I know it's a lot of pressure for them because they want to make it the most amazing, special, memorable moment for us, but at the end of the day, I think most of us just want to hear the words "will you marry me?". For me, it doesn't have to be on top the Eiffel tower or on a yacht somewhere lol. *Sigh* we'll see.

Natalie I know it'll happen before 2010 for you! We must keep hope alive lol

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Grlsbestfrnd|1289491168|2761503 said:
Welcome! :wavey:

You're at the perfect place. I hope he asks you soon but while you're here vent vent vent!

P.S. Do you have a certain ring in mind?

Thanks for the welcome!

About five months ago, we went to a jewelry store and I saw THE most gorgeous setting! It's hard to describe, I'll see if I can find a picture of it. I had not seen anything like it before, it was classic, but had a little bling around the head (not a halo), anyway the sales lady made a big deal about my eyes popping out of my head and my boyfriend picked up on it, so HOPEFULLY, it'll be that one. But, i don't know! I'm trying not to think too hard about it so I don't experience any disappointment if it's not, you know?

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
After 5 years, if you still keep on thinking about it, it must have been pretty awesome :)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Eeeek! Hi LLL,

I have to tell you, your (old?) ring is my absolute all time favourite on PS. I have linked that baby so many times I'm sure people are sick of me.

Did you keep it?

Have your tastes changes?

So many congratulations on your lifes changes - they seem all for the better. Good for you, may your stay here be short and sweet.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Steal|1289681078|2764694 said:
Eeeek! Hi LLL,

I have to tell you, your (old?) ring is my absolute all time favourite on PS. I have linked that baby so many times I'm sure people are sick of me.

Did you keep it?

So many congratulations on your lifes changes - they seem all for the better. Good for you, may your stay here be short and sweet.

Aww thanks Steal! I have to say yellow gold e-ring/wedding bands are few and far between around here!

Yes,I still have the set locked in a safe deposit box. I have no clue what I'm going to do with them (the set not so much the diamond), I will most likely get the diamond made into a pendant of some kind.

I wouldn't say my taste has changed but I definitely have more two-tone jewelry now so I'd be open to a yellow gold/white gold or platinum set now.

Are you a yellow gold girl?

And thank you so much for the well wishes! :wavey:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
LadyluvsLuxury|1289778692|2765990 said:
Steal|1289681078|2764694 said:
Eeeek! Hi LLL,

Did you keep it?

Aww thanks Steal! I have to say yellow gold e-ring/wedding bands are few and far between around here!

Yes,I still have the set locked in a safe deposit box. I have no clue what I'm going to do with them (the set not so much the diamond), I will most likely get the diamond made into a pendant of some kind.

I wouldn't say my taste has changed but I definitely have more two-tone jewelry now so I'd be open to a yellow gold/white gold or platinum set now.

Are you a yellow gold girl?

And thank you so much for the well wishes! :wavey:

My orig e-ring & wb are YG but my PS sets are PLAT. I always thought if I got engaged after I found PS, that yours (well the baby version) would be the set I would have loved. I still admire it, I don't think I have ever seen a set more perfect. I'm glad you kept it - perhaps you could set a gem into it and resize for a RHR. As you say the diamond would make the most beautiful pendant.

But that is all in the past now. I cannot wait to see what you come up with - you have such beautiful taste in jewellery.

Once again, I hope your stay is short (so I can see your sparkler :cheeky: )!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Awww thanks Steal! That set will always have a special place in my heart. You have given me a great idea though. I have been wanting a birthstone ring FOREVER, maybe I can have the band and e-ring soldered together and then have a halo head added to set a cushion Amethyst (my birthstone) :naughty: :naughty: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

Well, I have shown my SO a few rings that I liked and one that I LOVED, which is COMPLETELY different from my old set. It'll be interesting to see what he chooses. I am still in love with the classic solitaire look.............but only with the right stone :naughty:

What kind of set did you get through PS?

..............I hope my stay is SHORT as well LOL

Steel

Ideal_Rock
LadyluvsLuxury|1290367151|2774703 said:
Awww thanks Steal! That set will always have a special place in my heart. You have given me a great idea though. I have been wanting a birthstone ring FOREVER, maybe I can have the band and e-ring soldered together and then have a halo head added to set a cushion Amethyst (my birthstone) :naughty: :naughty: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............................

Well, I have shown my SO a few rings that I liked and one that I LOVED, which is COMPLETELY different from my old set. It'll be interesting to see what he chooses. I am still in love with the classic solitaire look.............but only with the right stone :naughty:

What kind of set did you get through PS?

..............I hope my stay is SHORT as well LOL

Only too glad to be an enabler :devil: .

You are teasing me; I wanna know what you have your eye on. ***sulking*** I suppose I'll just have to patiently wait. Boo.

My PS 1st set was nothing like yours - 1st set was the WF diamonds for eternity in plat with matching bands (not WF) then I reset into WF replica tiff 6 prong in plat with an assortment of bands incl the matching one. But your old set was like the holy grail to me esp the YG. Mmmmhh buttery :lickout: .

I'm delighted that your proposal is in the offing and cannot wait to see what your FI comes up with :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results