shape
carat
color
clarity

I asked SO for a timeline on when we might be getting engaged a couple of days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
He was fine with me asking because we have been talking about it a little over the last couple of months. He is hoping to finish his PhD in engineering by December and wants to wait until he finds a job before he buys a ring. I''m fine with this as his research funding runs out at the end of May and he will most likely be without a paycheck until he can finish his thesis and find a job. He has some money saved up, but wants to use that as a cushion if he is without a paycheck for longer than he expects. He should be making pretty decent money right out of school so it shouldn''t take him long to save up the money. I''ve already told him I don''t want anything too expensive as we both have a good amount of student loans to pay off.

So it looks like it won''t be happening for another 6 months or so. I can chill out a bit now that I know it won''t be happening anytime soon.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
That''s really great that you feel comfortable enough talking about timelines together -- I know that can be a really stressful subject to bring up. I hope the 6+ months don''t drag on too much!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 1:34:02 AM
Author: misskitty
That''s really great that you feel comfortable enough talking about timelines together -- I know that can be a really stressful subject to bring up. I hope the 6+ months don''t drag on too much!

ditto, and congrats! :)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6 months or so isn''t bad at all! It''s great that you could talk to him about it. It sounds like he''s thought about it and all his plans are set for very realistic reasons, money and jobs!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
you will be suprised at how fast 6 months goes!!!
emsmile.gif

goodluck with your future fi''s job hunting too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results