shape
carat
color
clarity

how old were you when you got your...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Got it the day I turned 16. I grew up in the country, 8 miles from "town". No way I was waiting one more day for it.

17. I got my permit at 16.5 though.

I think that I was 15 1/2 when I got my permit and I cannot remember how long to get the license. I am guessing 16.

I was 20.

Pretty sure I was 19 almost 20.
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
Saw waaaay too many car accidents (Dad stopped to help a lot due to his training) and didn''t need to drive since I road around with my Mom all the time since we went everywhere together anyway. Going away to college changed things. Started to go nuts w/o a car!

16... but I didn''t drive much until I was 17.

19. Didn''t get a license until I got a car my sophomore year at college- before that, I bused everywhere, and walked a lot. I still remember having to parallel park four times the day I got my license, in my fabulous new Hyundai with no power steering. (I went to college in a very populated part of Seattle, and there was no parking for the school- so you had to park on the street, which meant circling endlessly like a vulture, then parallel parking as fast as possible.) I think I almost cried that day trying to park! Still, I''m the parallel parking queen, even now, after four years of doing that every day.

permit at 14, license at 16. My brother also got a school permit at 15-no way was I driving to school and wasting my money on gas when the bus was free.

Now I think you don''t get a full license until you''re 18. Somebody JD works with said the instructors now only do 6 hours w/the kids, and the parents are required to do 20 or so, just to get their permit. Then they''re required to do however many hours before they''re 18 to get their license.

Permit at 15, license at 16....my Dad surprised me with a car and I didn''t have my license yet so I had to go get it in a hurry.

Lori

16 and 1 day.

Permit at 15 and license 6 mos after that, maybe? Can''t remember, exactly. It was before they had the different levels of restricted licenses, though. Whew!

i think i was 16 when i got my learner''s permit, then driver''s license soon after.

I was 28.

No, that''s not a typo - grew up in NY, relocated for work, and had to learn to drive given that I''d moved to a place with no public transportation. Driving is the bane of my existence.

41.gif

We were allowed to drive with a grown up at 15 1/2, so I did that and then got my license at 16. I''m not sure if you need a permit now or not but back then we didn''t have them.

19 .. I think? We were not allowed to have them while in high school. Which is BS cause the lil bro whines and got his.
5.gif
He''s the golden child anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP