shape
carat
color
clarity

how often do you wash your car? hand wash or machine wash?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
In winter, I go to a carwash probably every 6 weeks or so. In the summer, I handwash it myself almost every weekend.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Way too infrequently. I live in the dusty southwest, too, so my car really "needs" it at least every 2 weeks to stay looking clean. My car is an A to B deal. If it's dirty, I don't care - it's 10 years old and used to be my grandma's
3.gif
it's not kept in tip-top fancypants shiny shape.

I think the last time I washed my car was probably before I got married, about six months ago.
20.gif

Oh, and I go to those self-wash places where you put in quarters and use their pressure hose. I used to do the valet-and-car wash package at the mall, but don't anymore.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
I washed mine once. I think it was in 2007.

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
Hand wash and not often enough--the last time was probably September
38.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Once a year maybe? And sometimes my dad washes it for me when he does oil changes for me in the summer (he works at a garage).

E B

Ideal_Rock
Not enough, but I live in a very rainy state so there's really no point. The last time I had it professionally washed was when I had the inside professionally cleaned, which I like to do once a year or so.

I used to take it to a place that'd wash it for free with an oil change, but it's too far from me, now.

pinkstars

Brilliant_Rock
In the winter usually once, maybe two times. I don''t like washing it in the winter though because I hate the doors freezing shut after. In the spring and summer I might wash it once a month or every 2 months...always through a car wash.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I wash the car in the winter when it''s warm enough to get all the salt off the car, ick! It is especiallyh bad after a ski trip. Eep!

In the summer, FI and I wash the car after hiking/camping trips.

We hand wash the car at the car wash.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never! Luckily my DH seems to enjoy doing that kind of thing! Hand washes about every 1-2 weeks...I know...
I''m a lucky lady
20.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
If my husband had his way, he would wash both of our cars once a week. Because of water conservation reasons, I limit him to once a month for my car and he washes his car about twice a month.
9.gif

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I''ve never washed mine. That''s why we have rain!

But I think my husband may have washed it a couple times when he couldn''t bear looking at it anymore!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Since I move to NY, I don''t have a car anymore
11.gif
, and that is great, I dont have to wash the car, and I don''t have to stop in the Gas station
9.gif

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am actually a huge car enthusiast as well, and I met my BF through our car club we both are in.
So... I wash my car by hand at least once every 2 weeks if not once per week. I am very particular about the products I use and don't let anyone else wash it. I also detail it by hand- clay bar, wax, and polish on both the body as well as polish my wheels.

I also only use warm water and certain pads and microfiber towels for drying.

I think its a fun activity to do that's excercise as well as fun!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not often enough, but I only drive it once a week or once a month -ish. So it doesn''t really get dirty. And I probably hand wash more than machine wash. It''s maybe been washed 2 times by machine. And a dozen by hand...

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 8:50:33 PM
Author: LamborghiniGirl
I am actually a huge car enthusiast as well, and I met my BF through our car club we both are in.
So... I wash my car by hand at least once every 2 weeks if not once per week. I am very particular about the products I use and don''t let anyone else wash it. I also detail it by hand- clay bar, wax, and polish on both the body as well as polish my wheels.

I also only use warm water and certain pads and microfiber towels for drying.

I think its a fun activity to do that''s excercise as well as fun!
Ah, good to see someone who washes like we do!
Our cars never see a car wash, bad for the finish, ya know ;-)
(DH outside right now washing one)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
When my husband reminds me to, at the place he goes to (his car is usually spotless)
3.gif
2.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I washed my Jeep once.
9.gif
(really. once!)

And I've had it for probably eight years.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
In the winter, once every 6 weeks or so. Up here in New England there is just so much salt to get off the cars. In the summer I pretty much let the rain do all of the hard work....

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I wash my car once a year, whether or not it needs it.

Machine wash, of course.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/20/2009 6:21:40 PM
Author: joflier
In winter, I go to a carwash probably every 6 weeks or so. In the summer, I handwash it myself almost every weekend.
The same for me. I don''t think any one does as thorough a job as I do.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Washed and vacuumed once a week by the maid.
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t pay attention, my hubby does it for me.
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
arrgh! You''ve made me feel so guilty, my car needs washing something fierce..
thanks DF for reminding me
20.gif
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was mine very carefully whenever it needs it with the 2 bucket method and I NEVER use a carwash, these can cause swirl marks on the paint and other defects. Also don't use a sponge as these hold grit which you will remove with one stroke then scratch your lovely paintwork with on the next, woollen mitts are better as they don't trap grit. I am a closet car detailer and lurk on detailing forums....

I also use a clay bar spring and autumn and machine polish the paintwork.
16.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t remember the last time that I cleaned it. When I first got it I cleaned it by hand every Sunday without fail for about six months. Then the novelty wore off and I hardly ever do it.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Both cars gets a detailed hand wash once a month. There''s a guy that has set up his own car wash service in our company''s garage. He''s fantastic. He also does a detail cleaning of the inside. I take my car in on a Friday and on Monday I take FI''s car.

It gets waxed once every three months or when I remember.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a clean ride, and I wash mine maybe twice a month. I don''t do it by hand (Jeep, too tall, can''t get the top), I take it through either a touchless auto wash or the auto wash with the scrubby belts/brushes. The touchless really doesn''t get it as clean as the one with the brushes. I know it can be bad for your paint, but the one with the brushes gets it SO clean. I clean out the inside as needed. I actually have a whole basket full of detailing stuff that I keep in the backseat--leather wipes, windex wipes, armor-all wipes, those blue shop paper towels, and a bottle of Febreze to keep it smelling fresh b/c I don''t like those hanging air fresheners.
9.gif

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
DH takes mine for a touch free machine wash every weekend unless it''s raining.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2009 6:46:37 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
I washed mine once. I think it was in 2007.

You didn''t hand wash it, did you? For some reason, I just don''t picture that.
3.gif

I hand washed my car once and it looked horrible. Seriously, it looked ten times worse than before. I probably take my car to be washed far too infrequently, but it gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results