shape
carat
color
clarity

How often do you clean your ring?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
Do you always wear it or take it off for things?

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I clean mine every morning, with a spritz of non-ammonia cleaner and clear dish soap on a baby toothbrush. I will give it a good soak every 2-3 weeks. I take it off to shower, to sleep, and if I'm doing anything that might cause my hands to get really dirty - cleaning, gardening, cooking, etc.

Frenchcut

Shiny_Rock
I've had my ring for one week (haven't posted pictures yet!) and clean it every day with some windex and a toothbrush + warm water. I don't want to let dirt build up...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't wear my ring if I'm just hanging out at home, and I don't wear it to bed or in the shower, while cleaning, swimming, or exercising. I clean my ring once every couple weeks with hot water, a few drops of dish washing liquid, and a baby toothbrush. I dry it with a lint-free paper towel.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I only wear my ring to work (where I sit in an office most of the day) and when I go shopping or go out. I don't wear it at home, in the shower, to bed, while exercising, etc. I clean it once or twice a week with that pink jewelry cleaning solution that they sell at the gem shows and dry it with my blow dryer (don't laugh :oops:).

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I work from home so I dont wear it most of the time, but when I was working in the office, I cleaned it every day, I would drop it in the cleaner stuff I get at the store, then every couple of weeks I would use the ultrasonic...I dont have any pave so ultrasonic is fine for my rings :wink2:

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I clean mine every morning! I drop it into the cleaner when I get into the shower, then I rinse it and put it on once I'm dressed and my hair and makeup are done. Dishwashing detergent and hot water work well, too. I like to use a hair dryer on the cool setting when drying it so that no water spots are left.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I'd say 1x/week with windex and dish soap. I don't wear it around the house really...just when I leave. It's amazing how quickly it can get dirty!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
1x/wk with soap and water. I take it off when doing housework.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
I clean mine when I think of it... if I look down and think it looks dirty, I clean it.

I wear it ALL THE TIME! I loooove my ring and life is too short not to wear my beautiful diamond every minute of every day! :love:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1311274121|2973925 said:
I don't wear my ring if I'm just hanging out at home, and I don't wear it to bed or in the shower, while cleaning, swimming, or exercising. I clean my ring once every couple weeks with hot water, a few drops of dish washing liquid, and a baby toothbrush. I dry it with a lint-free paper towel.

Ditto Zoe, but I use a jewellery cleaner rather than dish washing liquid.

stci

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine all the time 24/24 - 7/7 and I cleaned it 3/week. I think it's enough for me.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I take mine off when I'm home. I wear only to work and when I'm out. I clean mine every 2-3 days or whenever I'm going somewhere special. Hot water, dawn and windex. I have plat though. If I'm cleaning a WG piece I leave the windex out.

Sheherizaad

Shiny_Rock
I clean mine every morning. I leave it in a cleaning solution, brush my teeth, then take it out and brush my ring...lol.

I don't wear it to sleep or if I'm cooking, cleaning or in bed..

geisha_gyrl

Shiny_Rock
I usually only wear it to work and out shopping, dinner, etc.... I have some Tiffany jewelry cleaner so I use the little brush, dip it in the cleaner to give my ring a quick cleaning before I go to bed. I soak it once a week. I also keep a small polishing cloth in my purse to wipe it down during the day. Don't laugh....I know that's being a bit anal. I think that's because it's still new. I'm sure after some time passes I won't care as much.

blackberry16

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I only wear my ring when I leave the house. I don't like having any jewelry on (except my wedding band) when I am at home. I clean my ring using 1/2 windex and 1/2 water and my Jewel Jet every Saturday.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clean my jewelry at night. I soak it in jewelry cleaner or winded and water mix. I get my jewel jet out on weekends.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two rings I alternate on my ring finger. I don't wear them in the house at all. Just my little pave wedding band. I wash them when the look like they need it. Usually every couple of weeks or every week. I take my rings off if I put lotion on my hands, and I try not to eat anything messy with them on either.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On average I clean my ring maybe 4 times a day.
It only takes about 30 seconds to get it perfectly clean since it's a tension setting.

Spending more time or even an ultrasonic could not get it any cleaner.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1311398442|2975082 said:
On average I clean my ring maybe 4 times a day.
It only takes about 30 seconds to get it perfectly clean since it's a tension setting.

Spending more time or even an ultrasonic could not get it any cleaner.

Wow, 4 times a day! That's dedication.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Depends on how long I've been wearing it/what I've been doing. I often don't wear any of my rings so I'd say once a week or every other week.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Every 2-3 weeks. I try to do it once a week but I often forget ><

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1311274121|2973925 said:

Ditto, but I put mine in the ultrasonic with a few drops of dishwashing soap. I don't like wearing any jewelry at all when I'm home and I take it off the second I walk in the door. I also don't wear real clothes around the house-I just wear PJ type stuff.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
I clean it everyday in jewelry cleaner. It's much harder to keep my emerald cut cleaner than my round diamond. When it's clean, it sparkles like mad, though! I only wear my ring to work (teacher) and when I'm out and about. It comes off the moment I get home, and I switch it out for my gold etoile band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear my rings when I go out. I clean them about once a week in either the jar of jewelry cleaner or Windex. Around once a month I'll put the e-ring in the ultrasonic.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't remember :devil:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
2-3 times a day. I usually use a drop of Dawn dishwashing with a sprinkle of Oxyclean. If it is really funky U se just boiling waater and a little more Dawn and let it soak for a while and they give it a good scrubbing with a very soft toothbrush.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I only wear it when I go out.

It gets a proper clean once a week or so with the ultrasonic (warm water, dishsoap and a few squirts of windex), otherwise it gets a soak in dishsoap and warm water a few times a week and if I'm out I will give it a clean everytime I wash my hands.

My favourite is public bathrooms with the Dyson Airblade hand-dryers - not only do most have fabulous lighting but the dryer really blasts the water out of the setting and dries the stone with no water marks.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually clean mine once a day. I've been using Weimans jewelry cleaner, and I really like it. It contains ammonia, and my rings are white gold, so I don't soak them in it - just a quick dunk, clean with a soft toothbrush, a good rinse in hot water and then dry with lint-free paper towel - really brings out the sparkle. I also recently had my rings professionally cleaned at the jeweler, and that really seemed to bring my stones back to life too.

I usually don't wear my rings in the house - only when I go out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results