shape
carat
color
clarity

How many Thank-You Notes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I am going to order some personalized thank-you notes (from vistaprint.com) to use for shower and wedding gifts. We are expecting around 275-300 people at the wedding. How many thank-you notes do you think I should order so I don''t run out? How many did your order/use?

Kit

Brilliant_Rock
I would think you would not need to order more than the number of invitations you are ordering. Why don''t you see how many replies you get back and then order that many tys?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would get more than you think you need, with extra envelopes. Remember, you can use them going forward as personal stationery, depending on the design.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
It really depends on how many people are being invited to showers- I would think at least one thank-you note per invite.
This all being said are you putting your married name on the notes? I ordered personalized stationery and monogrammed notes w/my married name/monogram and didn''t use them until after the wedding and just tried to use up my personalized stationery w/ my maiden name for the shower thank-yous.

lehcarm

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking at getting a style that will just have our first names on it. I guess it will be safer to just order more than I think I will need, since I will be able to use it some time in the future. I want to order early so I only need to place one order for both shower and wedding thank-yous. Which brings up another question. Is it OK for a shower thank you note to have both of our names on it, or are they supposed to only come from me?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 3:39:31 PM
Author: lehcarm
I''m looking at getting a style that will just have our first names on it. I guess it will be safer to just order more than I think I will need, since I will be able to use it some time in the future. I want to order early so I only need to place one order for both shower and wedding thank-yous. Which brings up another question. Is it OK for a shower thank you note to have both of our names on it, or are they supposed to only come from me?

Technically tuhe shower gifts are for the bride- but this is going by old-school etiquette- it''s a Bridal shower, not a groom''s shower. Now some people do couple showers, but most showers are for the bride.
Also according to etiqette personal social stationery should only have one person''s name or initials on it- because only one person can write a note.

"social stationery is supposed to be one’s own personal stationery. (Would you want joint stationery with your brother or sister? If not, why “share” with your spouse?)"

When we ordered our wedding invites we also ordered personal stationery for the both of us- that way my husband has his own monogrammed correspondence cards, so he could write some notes, and also have this stationery for future use (it''s not like you would ever use joint personal stationery to write a thank-you for a job interview.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results