shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you keep your duvet fluffy?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I have always found keeping my duvet nice and full looking such a challenge. I keep thinking it''s the duvet I bought, but get the same result every time. I''ve bought box stitch duvets and shake it about, but the corners always end up empty at the top and flat all across. We have a king sized bed, so it''s kind of annoying turning the whole thing around to force it to shift. Is there some trick I''m missing...it just makes the bed look so blah! (I tried to copy the store''s version..same bedding and all, but mine looks amateur...grrr).

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I also have a quilted one.

I pick up both sides of one end and make a "wave" like motion (I know that is weird but I don''t know how to explain it). It is quick and works.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
We used to have a duvet...and what a PITA that was!

It always looked so sloppy, our down comforter never really filled it up.

Eventually I went to a coverlet...and I love it! Same concept, only not. It simply lays over the blanket as opposed to stuffing it inside. At night, we fold it neatly to the bottom of the bed...and in the morning, fold it back up...

I would suggest maybe getting a down one size to large for the cover...if you have a queen duvet then get a king comforter.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
ltlfirecracker: I have tried the wave like motion (I know exactly what you mean
emsmile.gif
) and it helps temporarily but not with the top (where the pillows are)--that section is flat and might as well be a sheet. Then it gets all bunched up.

Italian: I''m about ready to go back to comforters/coverlets! We have a king, so not sure how to go bigger. Urgh it is a PITA, you''re right, and looks so sloppy!

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Janine I think it prob depends on how filler your down comforter is. We have a really heavy one and it is never flat. The summer one is very light and almost always flat. More feather=more fluff?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no advice because I have the same issue. I freaking hate dealing with king size anything (but it''s so nice to stretch out on that huge bed), but my duvet does look really nice when it''s properly fluffed.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we can fluff ours but it always settles back down as soon as we use it or lay on it. i tend to just get new ones like every 2 years rather than deal with trying to figure it out. overstock''s cheap prices make it easy.

the part that i have not quite figured out is how do you get rid of an old one?? it won''t exactly fit in the garbage can easily!!!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I toss mine in the dryer every now and then--that seems to fluff it back up. (I don''t actually wash or wet it, I put it in the dryer dry)

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 1:25:10 PM
Author: laine
I toss mine in the dryer every now and then--that seems to fluff it back up. (I don''t actually wash or wet it, I put it in the dryer dry)

The info we got with ours suggested doing this periodically with a tennis ball thrown in. I haven''t tried it yet, but I think I might after the move.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 3:58:09 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 6/5/2009 1:25:10 PM

Author: laine

The info we got with ours suggested doing this periodically with a tennis ball thrown in. I haven''t tried it yet, but I think I might after the move.

That works. Or they sell special balls at BB&B if you aren''t a tennis player. Our comforter is from the company store and I believe it is their heavy/winter one b/c it doesn''t get flat. Now it does slide around in the duvet which is annoying (when the corners get untied) but it is always fluffy.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
great tip, I''ll try the "ball in dryer" tip. I wonder if they sell anything to clip corners to duvets..I agree that is v. annoying tacori!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 4:36:41 PM
Author: janinegirly
great tip, I''ll try the ''ball in dryer'' tip. I wonder if they sell anything to clip corners to duvets..I agree that is v. annoying tacori!

Actually all of the comforters from The Company Store have loops on the corners and then my duvet (pottery barn) has ties so it does stay but it seems DH must be a restless sleeper b/c they usually come undone. Of course I don''t knot them so that could be the problem!

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
de-lurking to post these: comforter clips

We have these. The description says they are "undetectable beneath the duvet" ... while I don''t agree with that, they aren''t really that noticeable to me since they are just in the corners. They don''t annoy me and work pretty well (although I do still have the flat duvet issue a bit ... but I think that''s because we have a very light down comforter since we live in a relatively warm climate.)

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 4:36:41 PM
Author: janinegirly
great tip, I''ll try the ''ball in dryer'' tip. I wonder if they sell anything to clip corners to duvets..I agree that is v. annoying tacori!

duvet drives me INSANE too! They do have corners, which help. but still... what I really need is a maid to take care of my duvet
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results