shape
carat
color
clarity

how do I keep my slingbacks from falling down?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,
I was wearing my wedding shoes around the apartment today trying to start breaking them in so I don''t get blisters the day of and I noticed that the strap on my slingbacks falls down quite a bit. The shoes are my size and fit fine, so I''m not sure why this is happening. At this point it''s past the return policy...so I was wondering do any of you have any tricks to keep the strap from falling down??

Thanks
1.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
double stick dress tape? I heard it as a suggestion on QVC when they were selling "Hollywood Fashion Tape". I know you can get it there, but I''ve also seen it at Bed, Bath and Beyond.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had slippy slingbacks too ... found little sticky gel pads at DSW Shoe Warehouse ... that you peeled off the backs & stuck them onto the "sling" part. Made them just a wee tighter in that area & kinda cushioned the slingback too. I also bought the cushy gel inserts for the balls of my feet too in the hopes it would make the day more comfy ..

BUT .. full confession ... I also bought a pair of pointy toe brushed gold flats at Payless as backup shoes, and ended up wearing those the entire time (except for walking down the aisle).

The gel dealies aren''t perfect & don''t stick SO well ..but it''s something!
1.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i would try the foot petals. they aren't too thick to where your feet get too uncomfy. seems like a silly question, but do you have them on the tightest notch provided that they have that?

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Strappy strips from Foot Petals

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks gals, I knew you would come to the rescue!!! I''m going to look into the strappy strips from foot petals.

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve bought those little gel strips for the straps at Target. In the section where they have shoe polish.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Dr. Sholl''s Party Feet

Assuming that you get them in the US, they are the world''s best thing!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Is the strap adjustable at all? If there are holes, you can take it to a shoe repair place and have them punch additional holes. They may be able to shorten the strap, even if it is not a buckle type. I''d investigate it because it would probably not cost much to have them alter the shoes and it might save you a lot of annoyance on your wedding day!
I had a pair of white ballet slippers that I intended to change into for the reception but I didn''t. It is nice to have backups available just in case!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t tried this--but what about spraying the back of your heels with some hair-spray...i did this to the inside of my shoes to prevent my foot from slipping when I was wearing sheer pany-hose and it worked...it may privide just enough stickiness to do the trick.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 11:17:58 AM
Author: gailrmv
Is the strap adjustable at all? If there are holes, you can take it to a shoe repair place and have them punch additional holes. They may be able to shorten the strap, even if it is not a buckle type. I''d investigate it because it would probably not cost much to have them alter the shoes and it might save you a lot of annoyance on your wedding day!
I had a pair of white ballet slippers that I intended to change into for the reception but I didn''t. It is nice to have backups available just in case!
Unfortunately they are not adjustable. They are just a strip of fabric with a little bit of elastic...which is probably why they are slipping, I have pretty thin legs compared to most women.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 12:53:11 PM
Author: Jas12
I haven''t tried this--but what about spraying the back of your heels with some hair-spray...i did this to the inside of my shoes to prevent my foot from slipping when I was wearing sheer pany-hose and it worked...it may privide just enough stickiness to do the trick.
Interesting idea, definitely worth a try.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 1:13:58 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 1/8/2007 12:53:11 PM
Author: Jas12
Interesting idea, definitely worth a try.
My personal trainer has suggested hair spray for your heinie prior to putting on a bathing suit to prevent the back end from riding up. I bet it would work for this too.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the link for foot petals. It was in the BFF bridal newsletter that I get.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 1:13:16 PM
Author: kcoursolle

Date: 1/8/2007 11:17:58 AM
Author: gailrmv
Unfortunately they are not adjustable. They are just a strip of fabric with a little bit of elastic...which is probably why they are slipping, I have pretty thin legs compared to most women.
They might still be able to cut the fabric, remove some, and sew it back in a non-conspicuous way. I''d at least inquire. It might be a real pain otherwise! I have narrow feet and skinny calves (tall boots almost always fall down) so I totally sympathize!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Gorrilla glue might work
31.gif

Not sure about getting them off later tho - giggle
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:01:43 PM
Author: wifey2b
Gorrilla glue might work
31.gif

Not sure about getting them off later tho - giggle
9.gif
eek, they probably would stay though LOL.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey gals, I ended up ordering the strappy strips from footpetals. I will let you know how they work out. If they don''t work, I know exactly a different pair of shoes that they are going on that give me blisters, so hopefully it will be a pretty inexpensive solution.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I received the strappy strips yesterday and tried them out today in the apartment. They work amazingly well!!! I''m impressed how much a tiny little strip can do...and boy are they comfortable strips!! So happy with them, thanks for the tips gals. My slingbacks are staying put now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results