shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you pick your screen name?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine... sadly was because I signed up on my ipad... my name is Mary.. and I spelled it wrong.. so now I am just MayK... which is fine... but totally a miss about wearing my glasses when using :shock: my iPad....

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Haha - funny story! I lived in Cambridge, MA for almost 10 years in an apartment by the Central Square T station.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Too funny, MayK!

Mine is kind of odd...in Nova Scotia I would go swimming every morning in the frigid ocean and commune with these massive fronds of kelp. So my friend started calling me Kelpie. No one else knew me there so then everyone thought it was my name. Most of the time it's just Kelp.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always loved sapphires, and i like them to be a little more violet in color (although still very blue) than green - so i picked my favorite color name and added the 3 because I was sure there would be already be a violet. If it hadn't been violet, i assume it would have been scarlett because i love rubies/red spinels too :bigsmile:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was never on forums and hardly ever registered anywhere except for Amazon of ebay so the name was out of the need to think of something. I planned to stay a lurker and nothing else, but then, of course, I had to stick out my curious nose, and now the name haunts me. I explained it somewhere else, and feel horrible about doing it again. My first impulse was Arkteia, but the system told me it was already taken (?). I wish I chose Arkteia, but changing a name is even more hassle.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Favorite season: Autumn
Birthday month: November

:bigsmile:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I like fiction 8)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked a name that was an actual guy's name.
I have trouble remembering/registering a screen name that's not usually used as a real person's name.

People with screen names like, Jane, Sue, John seem more real and memorable to me.

People with names like Thediamondthatgotaway don't form a real person in my mind.
Plus you never know if you should refer to that person as he or she.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, can I virtually marry you and change my screen name to yours? :lol: :lol: :lol: I know Kennyswife would not go given that you are already married but something like Kenny-a or Kennea... I got tired of my screen name. ;( ;( ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru|1314563711|3003770 said:
Kenny, can I virtually marry you and change my screen name to yours? :lol: :lol: :lol: I know Kennyswife would not go given that you are already married but something like Kenny-a or Kennea... I got tired of my screen name. ;( ;( ;(

Well, if we virtual marry what do we do on our virtual wedding night? :Up_to_something: :lol:

I could become Mr. Crasru.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever we do virtually, Kenny, I feel we are obliged to invite our fellow PS-ers with virtual champagne... :lol:
Legally changing your PS name to Mr.Crasru will be the worst disaster in the history of the PS... :lol:

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mine is probably fairly self explanatory...

My original screen name was Mrs Mitchell. Mitchell is my husband's last name, but not mine and some people seem to have an issue with that. The day I signed up, I'd got yet another thing through the mail addressed to Mrs Mitchell, a person who does not exist. It is not, never has been and never will be my name. I was so, so angry, because the 'final straw' letter was actually from my own mother. It was sort of a joke (a very small one) when I signed up as Mrs Mitchell, so that she would exist somewhere...

My mother still doesn't get it. She recently showed me her new Will, which leaves her estate to a Jennifer Mitchell (she didn't say "to my daughter" or anything like that, just that name). No inheritance for me, then. :-o

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
On the day I signed up I was having a bowl of porridge, and also watching a rerun of the tv show Porridge. Clearly I don't have much of an imagination - monkey see monkey do :rodent:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny! Are you still there? It just hit me - what a fool I have been! Your colored diamonds! The FAME AND GLORY OF THE PRISCOPE! :lickout: :lickout: OK, be Mr. Crasru, Mr. Arkteia, whatever you want... as long as you do not make me sign a prenup! :lol:

And er... Kenny? Will you allow me choose the one for the bling?

So, I am dreaming... BDG or Whiteflash? :read:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it obvious? That darn commercial and the 'bling' of scintillating gems.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1314562506|3003747 said:
I picked a name that was an actual guy's name.
I have trouble remembering/registering a screen name that's not usually used as a real person's name.

People with screen names like, Jane, Sue, John seem more real and memorable to me.

People with names like Thediamondthatgotaway don't form a real person in my mind.
Plus you never know if you should refer to that person as he or she.

Wait, your actual first name is not Kenny?!?!?!?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its my nickname!!

Yeah, I wasn't that creative that day!!! :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
has the screen name "QUEEN BEE" been taken?... :read:

RingThing

Rough_Rock
I have a "thing" for rings!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This question comes up pretty much yearly, or that has been my experience. I am always happy to answer, though.

I chose my screen name for sentimental purposes. My dad, who was 64 at the time, had recently been diagnosed with cancer. He and I share a mutual love/respect for monarch butterflies. I thought it was a nice tribute to him at the time to call myself Monarch64. I've since gained a nickname, Monnie, and I really like that. He was diagnosed in 2003, and has been in remission since 2005. I saw him through chemo, several surgeries in which organs or parts of organs were removed, witnessed him dying on the table for over 30 minutes, stayed with him while he was in the ICU at Mayo/Rochester for 2 weeks, stayed with my mother who was his caretaker for so many months in a foreign town, left a great job over all of it, and ultimately knew that I had been doing the right thing all along.

It will be 6 years this September since he beat stage IV colorectal cancer, 6 years since I decided to become vegetarian for preventative health reasons (colorectal cancer runs in our family and one of the preventative measures recommended is to reduce/eliminate consumption of animal proteins), and I am just so happy he is still with us. He will be 71 years old on September 16. :appl:

My father gave me wings. We both found something inspiring in the story of the monarch butterfly and its lifespan. It's just very meaningful to me, so that is why I chose this screen name. :wavey: If you get the time to research the monarch and what it does, please do.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1314594830|3004256 said:
This question comes up pretty much yearly, or that has been my experience. I am always happy to answer, though.

I chose my screen name for sentimental purposes. My dad, who was 64 at the time, had recently been diagnosed with cancer. He and I share a mutual love/respect for monarch butterflies. I thought it was a nice tribute to him at the time to call myself Monarch64. I've since gained a nickname, Monnie, and I really like that. He was diagnosed in 2003, and has been in remission since 2005. I saw him through chemo, several surgeries in which organs or parts of organs were removed, witnessed him dying on the table for over 30 minutes, stayed with him while he was in the ICU at Mayo/Rochester for 2 weeks, stayed with my mother who was his caretaker for so many months in a foreign town, left a great job over all of it, and ultimately knew that I had been doing the right thing all along.

It will be 6 years this September since he beat stage IV colorectal cancer, 6 years since I decided to become vegetarian for preventative health reasons (colorectal cancer runs in our family and one of the preventative measures recommended is to reduce/eliminate consumption of animal proteins), and I am just so happy he is still with us. He will be 71 years old on September 16. :appl:

My father gave me wings. We both found something inspiring in the story of the monarch butterfly and its lifespan. It's just very meaningful to me, so that is why I chose this screen name. :wavey: If you get the time to research the monarch and what it does, please do.

Thanks so much for sharing this....it hits very close to home as we have similar stories with our fathers. I will be googling monarch butterflies shortly =]

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru would a 5-ct Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond ring from Harry Winston be acceptable?

large.jpeg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
with engraving "To Crasru - from Kenny" ? surely!
So... can I legally change my PS name to "Future Mrs. Kenny" now? :lol:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mine is suppose to be diamondringlover, but it is too long so pricescope shortened it for me....lol, i choose it because well, I love diamond rings!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hmm. My name means "I am Danny" and I got the idea to use "Im" in honor of I.M. Pei the famous architect. That's about it really.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1314595938|3004271 said:
Crasru would a 5-ct Fancy Vivid Blue Diamond ring from Harry Winston be acceptable?

Yes!

Oh wait, he didn't ask me. Darn!

Kenny, that ring is my favorite piece at the HW site. Look at that. Blue. Culet. Beyond.

Love to see it. Thanks.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
my friends call me the Jewelerman when introducing me to people outside our circle to help explain my obsession/passion for the stuff dreams are made of!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1314619723|3004369 said:
kenny|1314595938|3004271 said:
Yes!
Oh wait, he didn't ask me. Darn!
Kenny, that ring is my favorite piece at the HW site. Look at that. Blue. Culet. Beyond.
Love to see it. Thanks.

Okay Danny.
You can have a 5-ct Fancy Vivid Blue HW diamond ring too, but I already have a hubby, but don't have a wife. :lol:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a dream of opening an adult experiential learning retreat to help people rediscover (or discover) their passions in life. In my head, I call it The Haven. I've never been a member of another forum, so I didn't have any idea what to call myself, and so chose a name that would make me smile every time I saw it. And help keep the dream alive.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1314653621|3004812 said:
I have a dream of opening an adult experiential learning retreat to help people rediscover (or discover) their passions in life. In my head, I call it The Haven. I've never been a member of another forum, so I didn't have any idea what to call myself, and so chose a name that would make me smile every time I saw it. And help keep the dream alive.

Love that.... :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results