shape
carat
color
clarity

how did you ask your bridal party

slg47

Ideal_Rock
to be in your wedding?

and how do you approach who is paying for dresses/planning bachelorette party etc? I don't want my bridesmaids to plan a bachelorette party (mainly because we are all in different states)...I really just want them to be there for me the day of! (ok, and at the rehearsal dinner too. and as friends before/after...but I don't want or expect them to 'help out' with wedding planning stuff)

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
I will be asking my bridesmaids with little custom cards from etsy (just look for bridesmaid card, you'll see plenty!). As for communicating what you want-- I think a great time to talk to your MOH about it would be when they call you to accept! :))

legallyspoiled

Shiny_Rock
I ordered custom "will you be my bridesmaid" cards from Etsy and I gave them each a bouquet of flowers. Oh, and I made an album for each of them packed with pictures and memories of just me and that particular bride. At the end was a poem that described how I couldn't walk down the aisle without them.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I just sent each of them a handwritten note.

Everyone just assumed they were in charge of their own dress, shoes, etc...especially when I told them that they could choose whatever black dress they wanted and whatever purple shoes they wanted (as long as they were actually purple and not burgandy, lilac, periwinkle, or some weird variation on purple, lol :lol: ). In our circles in general, it's expected you pay for all of your own stuff...I would never assume that by accepting an invitation to be a bridesmaid I was getting anything other than the chance to support one of my closest friends on her wedding day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results