shape
carat
color
clarity

how did he.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
this can be fun so lets try it.....

how did he ask you out: he kinda sounded liek he was rejecting me becasue hes not good with words...his exact words were(and yes i will never ever forget them?) - "i really do like you BUT im not looking for a girlfriend right now BUT how about we see wher this goes and put our trust in god and if he wants us to be together then itll happen" i went home crying that night not becasue i was happy but becasue i thought i was being rejected so 2 days later he was still the sweet guy around me and nothing changed so for months i didnt know what we were until one day in the car he was like "whats wrong" and i told him and he was like no i didnt know how to word myself i really do like you and weve been going out since feb...we got a good laugh outa that

how did he first say "i love you": it was Aug. 25th, 2002 and 8 months after we met...i was in a friends wedding with ANOTHER GUY! and it wasnt my choice so he wsant that mad at me but he ws crushed and i guess he had time to think about it all day..and on the way home we were drving and when we almost got to my place he looked at me and took my hand sqeezed it real tight and said "i love you so much that i would take a bullet for you" i know not the most romantic but hes not too good with his words remember....i just sat there shock and he told me all he was thinking was that he said it too soon and he scared me and he didnt i just was shocked becasue no guy ever ment it when they said it and he did mean it...and i said it back and it was sweet

how did he first kiss you: it took him 9 months to kiss me it was after this one concert that we went to and he kissed me short sweet and simple! it was cute...one thing that i will never forgive him for is that...2 weeks earlier we were at the beach and he had the perfect moment to kiss me the lighting was perfect the place was perfect it was just perfect and we both felt it wsa about to happen because he stopped me ontop of the bridge (theres a bridge that crosses over the highway to get to the beach...but it has the most amazing veiw of the chicago skyline) and we just stood there looking at each otehr and no one made a move....just looked and then we kept walkiing....lol

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock

how did he ask you out: Actually, I asked him out. I have had a crush on him for many years. He''s a DJ, and I would purposley go to his radio remotes to flirt. I signed up for a "Breakfast Run", so he would come to our office. When he got here, I asked him to go next door for coffee. He couldn''t that day, but said he would take a rain check. We ended up running into each other at an Open Mic at the coffee house, we emailed through Myspace for a couple weeks. I asked him if he wanted to cash in that rain check and go have coffee with me. So we made it a date. That was April of last year. I took him a gift card for his birthday that day.

how did he first say "i love you": For the longest time, he would ask me what I was thinking about. Somehow I KNEW he wanted me to tell him I loved him. I knew I did, but I didn''t want to scare him. It was about 3 months after we had started seeing each other. He kept asking, and finally one day, I asked him, "What are YOU thinking?" He said, "I think I''m in love with you." I said, "Me too, I''m in love with you".

how did he first kiss you: We had been out about 3 or 4 times. We went to a coffee shop, to Dairy Queen (date number 3, on May 6, 2006 and he told me he had a crush on me. That''s the date he says is officially our one year mark), and we had met up a couple other times. About the fifth date, he invited me over to his place. As soon as I got there, he said something like, "There''s something I''ve been wanting to do", and kissed me. My toes curled, I saw fireworks, my heart fluttered, skipped a few beats.. I had NEVER experienced a kiss like that in my life.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
ask me out: we were in a friday night class together and he knew i liked the yankees as did he....after he finally had the nerve to talk to me(2 months after the class started) we started talking during class and he''d wait for me in the parking lot before class. 2 weeks before the last class he said he had tickets to a yankees baltimore game and wondered if i''d go. of course i said yes. we were together from that night on.

first kiss: at the end of one of the most exciting games--comeback, fight, and a few monster home runs--we are standing in the bleachers and he turns to me and says i''d like to kiss you...we started kissing as they played ny ny and the crowd was cheering us on. lol. its funny because we had them play ny ny as the last song at our wedding and everyone made a circle around us as we kissed and they all cheered.

i love you: he said i love you on the beach in nj 3 months after we started dating. he says he tried to tell me a few times before, but didn''t work up the nerve. it was sweet, because he picked me up, stared at me for a few minutes, kissed me and said some mushy stuff and then told me he loved me. the next day we went to a yankee game, sat in the bleachers and told each other we loved each other in the house that ruth built---as if that made it official...lol

this year on his birthday we are going to a yankee game and taking our son for the first time.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is fun!

how did he ask you out: Okay this is going to sound really scandalous. We met at a Starbucks. I said something really offhand and stupid and it almost put him on the floor in stitches. We ended up having coffee together that day and exchanged emails. Unfortunately he was just about to start the process of divorce (which the jerk didn't tell me about) so when I found out from his ex calling me wanting to know who I was I was livid. While he apologized, I didn't want any part of a relationship with a married man so I cut all ties with him. About 8 months later I received an email from him saying that his ex had left him two months before and they filed for divorce. And let me say that this was a very short marriage (2 years) and that everyone on both sides knew it was a mistake but let them make it on their own. He had taken those months alone to figure out what he wanted with his life and whether or not he wanted to date or even be in another LTR. But I guess I had made an impression in our short friendship and though he didn't really want to date, he wanted to see if what he felt for me and with me was real. So we started talking again and had our first official/second unofficial date at another Starbucks. We sat there for literally 6 hours, until they closed, just talking and laughing at ourselves (we're really silly).

how did he first kiss you: At the time we lived about an hour and a half away from each other so for one of us to pick the other one up for a date was pretty inconvenient. So we kept the Starbucks that we met at as our special meeting place. On the night he met me there for our second date I got in the car and said hi. He said hello and "before we go anywhere I need to do something" and proceeded to give me the sweetest kiss. He said he had wanted to do that the date before but he didn't know how I felt about him and whether I was interested. I had goosebumps and flutters in my stomach from that kiss.

how did he first say "i love you": We had gone on a date to Salem MA around Halloween to see all of the crazy people and Salem at Halloween. There was a spooky fair going on and we decided it would be fun to get a psychic reading. She didn't know that we were romantically involved or even on a date. As part of the reading she read our auras and noted that one of us was giving off the color of being in love but she didn't say which of us she was talking about. So after that we both started joking about the other person's "red aura" and finally he admitted that it was probably him who she noticed and that he was madly in love with me...

So I'm a LIW but he's told me that I should start to get regular manicures in about a month or two to get my hands ready for PS pictures. BTW, he calls this site my "bling ****" site. hehehe
emmale.gif
emlove.gif
emfemale.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
CRASH- glad to see you haven''t strayed to far!

how did he ask you out: He didn''t. It just happened that way. We were friends for a few months. We went out for coffee one night I believe August 17, 2005 met up at a coffee shop the first time we met. A cup of coffee lasted many hours. We talked and talked, I couldn''t believe how much he was my type, but didn''t want to believe it. He was upset complaining about a girl he was dating not calling him back all of a sudden and I consoled him. We''d meet up maybe once of twice a week as friend. Taking a walk for a few miles smoking cigars... He never met a girl who would smoke a cigar with him! lol. At some point of the walk I kinda fantasized about throwing him into a bush and just start kissing him, but I refrained. The guy that I was dated started to turn into a more steady direction. But the guy that I was with couldn''t say I love you after two months and wanted to change my clothes, friends, pretty much everything about me, so I said get the f----- out!! He said are you serious, just like that?! I said yeah, now get out!!! That night me and Mike talked till 3 am on the phone. I asked him to hang out that Friday, he said let''s watch NJ devils on tv. I knew nothing about hockey, but I said okay

How did he first kiss you: He didn''t again. That Friday October 7, 2005 We was massaging my back and instead of kissing grabbed my, you know what.... We joke about it this, it was very crude, I said later and laughing what were you thinking!!! he said ahh I don''t know... I thought it was a good risk to take, either you''d like it or I''d get slapped... Well that''s when I turned around and attacked him, me made out for hours and it was great it felt so right and the missing piece to my puzzle. I think I said to him, this is what I''ve been missing, I feel at home with you.

how did he first say "i love you": He didn''t again. Insecure guy, I was in Chemistry class and I didn''t anwser his phone calls, because I was in night class. He forgot, was worried and text me we gottah talk, I don''t think I meeting up to your expectations. So I called him at 11pm and he was like where were you!! I''ve been worried sick and that''s when he said Stephanie, I think that I''m falling for you, and I''m scared.
a couple days late, 3 weeks shy of officially being together; we were snuggling on his couch and I whispered I love you and he said I love you too! that''s what I was trying to tell you the other day, but I was scared to. I was scared also, I knew that I loved him and wanted to marry him after day 3 of dating!!!

So here we are 1.5 years later. A LIW not too much longer
I picked out our wedding date already August 8, 2008

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
how did he ask you out: Embarrassing as it is to admit, he had to ask me out three times before I said yes. I was insanely attracted to him, we had great conversations, but I''d gotten out of a five and a half year relationship only a short time before. I wasn''t sure I wanted to start dating again so soon. So the first two times he asked me out, I said "Maybe..." I''m glad he was persistent!

how did he first kiss you: Our first date stretched from a movie to dinner to a belly-dancing fire show to a birthday celebration for a friend. After the birthday celebration, we were walking through a park, looking at some of the statues, and we both kind of went for it at the same time.

how did he first say "i love you": We were out with some friends, having a few drinks, and his friends were joking around with him. I don''t remember what they were saying, but I do remember as a reply to something they said, he put his arm around me, pulled me close, and said "Because I love her." I think I about melted right there. He told me he loved me a couple times after that, but it took me a little longer to gather up the courage!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
How did he ask you out: There actually wasn''t any "asking out". My brother introduced us and we just started seeing each other.

How did he first kiss you: He didn''t kiss me, I kissed him! It was 8 months since we had met, and we''d fallen pretty hard for each other at a wedding the week before... But he wouldn''t kiss me. So I took matters into my own hands...
27.gif
I took him for a hike near my parents place, with the cliffs and great view and everything. He was holding my hand, but he still wouldn''t kiss me.
20.gif
We stayed there for a while, and when we were ready to go back he pulled on my hand, so I pulled him back and kissed him. Hah.
13.gif

How did he first say "I love you": I was the day after the first kiss. We were snuggled on my parents couch watching a movie and he just said it. Made up for not kissing me!
28.gif

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
I''m really enjoying reading these!!!!! Isn''t it funny how in a lot of cases, it was the right place, the right time, or we just took a chance.
30.gif

Mustangfan - Things are going MUCH better with us! After a recent near breakup, I haven''t had the heart to post much. We are so far from being ready to get married. I have been lurking though to keep up with everyone. And you know, this thread really helped to bring back those feelings that I had, and those butterflies that he gave me. It reminded me of a time things were simpler, and we are MAKING things complicated. Well, I am, because of my insecurity. I''m going to try my best to to just enjoy it, and know that I have a good future to look forward to. And not stress so much over little things.

He told his mom that we would be getting married. And he told a couple co-workers. So I look for us to be engaged sometime in the next two years. I believe that neither of us are ready to marry right away. So I''m thinking, November 11, 2010. So I''m gettin'' comfy on that list.
28.gif

*Sorry to hijack... keep the stories coming!!*

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
how did he ask you out: We met at a wedding (my first cousin married his brother!!) but I was just getting out of a two year relationship. I thought he was adorable, smart, funny... all of those things but we had lots going against us. We met when I was 19 and he was 28. I was in school in Boston and he was living in NYC. Our families are intertwined (for obvious reasons) and I thought it might not be a good idea. Anyway, about a month later (after I had tried to resist him, his emails, his hints through his brother/mycousin) and after a particularly nasty encounter with my ex, I decided, what the hell!!!! I accepted after his next phone call and we have been together ever since

how did he first say "i love you": I said I love you first. We had been dating for about 2 weeks (crazy I know!!) but I just KNEW. He was perfect and 3.5 years later, he still is.

how did he first kiss you: He told me on our first date that he wanted to kiss me.... so he did
31.gif

I''m not a LIW but I like this board! I hope its ok!

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
how did he ask you out: We were laying in bed (I had just slept over, nothing sordid! We were dating but not exclusive yet) and said "So..do you want to be my girlfriend?" I shrugged and said something along the lines of "if you want". lol. This was a bit less than a month after we met and became friends and started seeing eachother.

how did he first kiss you: I''m really shy, so it takes guts to kiss me for the first time because you don''t know if Ill push you away or turn my head or kiss back or anything... (example: In highschool I literally hid in the closet when this guy I had a crush on was saying goodnight to me when leaving my house and I thought he was going to kiss me! It sounds weird, and it was, but he laughed it off and it''s a joke between us now when we talk), so we were saying goodnight, he had walked me out to my car and hugged me goodbye and I got in my car really quick after the hug because I was nervous he was going to try and kiss me.... so he leaned into my car to hug me again and then just planted one on me!! It was so sweet and I was so giddy when I drove away that I had to stop on the side of the road after I left his street and catch my breath so I wouldn''t crash!!!

how did he first say "i love you": He actually asked me to move in with him before he ever said I love you. It was about a week after he asked me to move in that he finally told me, it was about a year and 4 months after we had officially started dating...He had been hinting that he wanted me to say it but I refused because about 4 months into our relationship I already knew and when I tried to say it his stopped me and told me that he knew I did but he didn''t want to hear it just yet. I said ok and it was agnoy for months of me wondering why he wouldn''t say it yet, because no, I didn''t want him to say it if he didn''t mean it, but once we hit the one year mark all I could think about was why didn''t he mean it yet?!?!

So when he finally did say it: I was at work and I had sent him an e-mail asking him about why he had asked me to move in with him, why he had changed his mind about not living with someone until he was at least engaged to them if not married, etc etc.. mainly because I was just nervous about the whole thing as I''d never live with anyone but my parents and just wanted to make sure he really wanted me there I guess, and he called me, still at work mind you, and over the phone goes, I asked you to move in with me because I love you! So I''m sitting at my desk completely silenced by this because I really wasn''t expecting him to say that when I picked up the phone! I was so shocked and shy about it that I didn''t even say it back!! (smacks head) Instead I told him... you''re not supposed to say it over the phone, or something like that and he said I know but you kept asking me this and that, and I wish it could''ve been better but I love you and I said it so there. (something like that, but in a sweet way) and I was like no!! Thats not what I meant! But I have to go! and I hung up on him!!! The man finally tells me he loves me and I hung up on him without saying it back?!?!?! So I finally said it much later that night when we were going to bed. We were both laying there staring at the ceiling (well, I was, he was probably trying to go to sleep or at least pretending too) and I turned to him, whispered quietly in his ear, I love you too, kissed him on the cheek and quick turned to face the other way because I was bright red, he gasped and spun me around to kiss him and he said I love you too. :) I''m horrible at telling stories, but it really was just so sweet.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D and I met when we were 17(me)/18(him). I was on the school debating team and were debating against his school. I was trying to set my best friend up with one guy who happened to be D''s best friend. He came to the pub that night and I really fancied him, only he was shy and didnt say much. The week afterwards we went to a house party and we had our first kiss.

He first said he loved me 3 months after that. We were in a club and I was talking to him and this guy who had asked me out previously had said that D and I will never last as we were young. I said that to D and he said that he knows that we''ll last as he loves me. It was so cute and I wasnt expecting it at all, so much so that I wasnt sure if I felt that way about him yet, so I didnt say it back. I think I said it to him about a month later, when I was 100% sure. We''re nearly together 8 years now so that other guy was definitely wrong!!

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
Oh boy, its been soo long. Lets see if I can remember.
emwink.gif

how did he ask you out:
hm....he really didn''t ''ask'' me out. We had been friends for a few months and at the time we were both involved with other people. We gradually started to spend more and more time with each other and eventually ended our respective relationships and have been inseperable for 8 years.

how did he first say "i love you":
eer...this one i can''t really remember clearly but I think he whispered it to me when he thought I was sleeping.

how did he first kiss you:
THIS i do remember! We had just come back from a night out with friends and i was dropping him off at home. It was summertime and I had the car windows open and i got out of the car to give him a hug and at that moment, a certain song came on (special song for us) and he pulled me in to his embrace and gave me the softest most gentle kiss!!!
30.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Oooh! Good thread!!!

How he asked me out: He didn''t really. We met in June of 2005. I had a boyfriend of 3.5 years, but things were about to end (I didn''t know this yet) and I had feelings for his (FI''s) best friend. It was a confusing time. After things ended w/ my bf, I ended up dating FI''s then best friend (he turned out to be totally psycho and now no one''s friends with him anymore). FI was in town visiting his then best friend (I lived in State College, PA and he lived in Youngstown, OH) when we met. There was this moment just a few hours after we''d met when his friends were teasing him about something and I said "don''t make fun of Tom, he''s my friend!" and I put my arms around his waist and hugged him while he put his arm around my shoulder. It lasted maybe 5 seconds, but I felt so comfortable and had this weird sense that something big was happening and got scared and pulled away.

He was only there for the weekend, but after he left, he and I started talking on IM. I offhandedly said he should call me sometime (it was really just one of those things you say, I wasn''t really asking him to call!) and he actually did. I was so surprised, but I couldn''t stop smiling. It wasn''t long until we were on IM or the phone for hours. He had IM at work and he''d call me as soon as he left work and then we''d talk till 2 am. His friend and I weren''t serious and FI and I really weren''t flirting so much as becoming best friends. I found myself waking up early just so I could start talking to him (I had a part-time job and didn''t have to be at work as early as him).
Things ended badly between me and his friend (had nothing to do with what was going on between FI and I), but FI had another visit planned in mid July. He ended up blowing his friends off the first night he was there and spending the whole night and a lot of the day with me. So, it wasn''t really a date.

First Kiss: It happened shortly after he got to my apartment the night of our first "date." We were sitting on my bed just staring at eachother. I''m not a patient person at all, so I just went for it
3.gif

First I love you:
I used to always say "I heart this" or "I heart that" and he used to tease me that "heart" wasn''t a verb. Eventually we started saying I heart you to eachother before we were officially a couple. One day FI told me, "I more than heart you." I was pretty sure I knew what he meant, but it scared the crap out of me so I asked what he meant and he said, "I mean I love you." I was so freaked out that I didn''t say it back
7.gif
. I told him I just wasn''t ready to say that yet. We''d officially been a couple for 4 days and known eachother just over a month and a half. I wasn''t ready for something so serious after ending my last serious relationship of 3.5 years a bit less than 2 months beforehand. I''d really thought I was going to spend forever with that bf.

A week or so later I realized that I needed to get over my fears because I really could see myself with him and I did love him I was just too scared to admit it to myself. I said it back and things have been great ever since.
1.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i am soooo glad you guys are enjoying this thread i love reading all your stories...people who are just stoppin by dont be afriad to comment share your stories wed all love to hear!!
30.gif
35.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
How did he first ask you out: Well, we were 15, so of course it''s cliche and just terrible, haha! I used to stay after school to help him with his vocab work. Trust me ladies, vocab really wasn''t his forte, but luckily it was mine because that meant I got to spend time with him! So anyway, I was helping him one day and he, in his 15 year old glory, said, "Will you please be my girlfriend?" Of course those were the sweetest words to hear when your 15. We then broke up for 2 months after dating for 6 months. I was really, really cruel to him because I thought he didn''t want to be with me. It turns out he was working through some serious issues during that time, and didn''t want me to get hurt while he was trying to get everything worked out. But I, of course, didn''t see it that way. Later, I finally agreed to go over to his house after some coaxing from a friend, and he started crying because he said he was just miserable without me, it had been the worst two months of his life, and would I please give him another chance to show me that he loved me. I told him I''d think about it... but of course I was going to say yes, and I did!

How did he first say I love you: It was about two months into our relationship, so of course we were each saying "I love you" because we were 15, and young love is just so fun! He said it to me first though, around the first time we kissed...

How did he first kiss you: I kissed him first. It was a perfect summer day, on the swing in his backyard. This image is pleasantly engraved on my memory FOREVER.

*M*

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
First kiss/asked out: In August 2004 I was invited to a weekend house party by my brother's then gf. It was quite a hot day and as the guests were arriving I was about to go upstairs to change my jumper for something lighter. As I went into the house I was introduced to this guy who had just arrived and I just remember thinking what amazingly beautiful eyes he had and I hoped he wouldn't disappear before I got back down! We then spent all morning chatting and we were paired together for croquet.

Neither of us drink very much and after lunch, while all the other guests were sleeping off the effects of white wine combined with sun and good food, he asked me if I wanted to go for a walk round the garden. The garden was amazing with follies and a maze and a lake. When we got to the farside of the lake we were just looking at the view and I said how beautiful it was. He said something cheesy like it wasn't the only thing that was beautiful and took hold of my hand and kissed me. Fast work!

We spent the rest of the day and evening talking and I rather freaked myself out. I had been living in Italy for 8 years and I was in the middle of applying for new jobs in there and was definitely going back (I was also in the final stages of a falling apart 3 year relationship). I mentioned that I'd been living there and when he asked whether I was going back, I heard myself replying: definitely not - I'm moving to London! I was so shocked!

The next day he took my number and said he wanted to take me on a proper date. We met up in London on the Monday and went for dinner. I managed to miss the last train accidently on purpose and ended up staying the night - he was a perfect gentleman
20.gif
. When I got home I told my mother I had met the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with, then phoned the man I was dating in Italy and told him we were over.

After that we saw each other for a few weekend dates (I lived a couple of hours away), in October he sent me a dozen red roses and the keys to his flat and in January 05 I moved in. A year later he sold me half the house and on Christmas Eve 2006 he proposed.

First I love you: His 30th birthday in November 2004. I was his first ever serious girlfriend - lucky me, I'm spoilt rotten as he's never had nice gestures thrown back in his face - so I knew he was quite scared and feeling his way on how to act. I thought he should say it first so waited till he was ready to do so even though I was crazy about him from the start. He still thinks he's a "bad boyfriend" and doesn't know what to do - it's very cute and I try hard not to take advantage
31.gif

biokatie

Rough_Rock
how did he ask you out: He said "I think people want us to date, can I take you to dinner sometime soon?" LOL!

how did he first say "i love you": In a drunkin fit
7.gif

how did he first kiss you: It was a couple hours before midnight on NYE and he said "can I kiss you at midnight?" I said "sure" and he did...it was really quick and still took me off guard :) Had to wait about 6 months for another one even though we slept in the same bed cuddled all night a few months before.

NC_Photo

Rough_Rock
How did he ask you out? - We met in December (right before Christmas) through a friend, but it was just a quick "hello" and I never thought anything of it. Apparently he asked my friend for my e-mail address, which happends to be my screen name as well. He sent me an IM one afternoon, but I actually didn''t remember who he was at first. We chatted a few more times and he asked what my plans were for New Years. I told him that I would be at a small gathering and the house of the friend that introduced us, and he was welcome to stop by. We were there for a few hours before he finally showed up, and he brought a guy friend along.

Since we live at the beach, New Years consists of going down to the beach to watch the fireworks (that the town does). I told him that I''d be at the pier with my friends and that he should come. His reply was, "we''ll see", and then he left. I turned to my friend and told her that if he didn''t show up at the beach, that was the end of anything. We were at the beach at 11:15pm to make sure we got a good spot and waited for a while. When he still hadn''t shown up, I figured he wasn''t coming. At about 11:50pm I saw him walking towards me on the beach....I couldn''t believe that he showed up. We spent the rest of the night hugging watching the fireworks. Exactly 18 days later he asked me to make it official and be his girlfriend.

How did he say I love you? - He was out of town and wanted to do it in person, but he said he couldn''t wait and told me over the phone. I thought it was too early, and my reply was "Thank You"....romantic, I know...lol.

How did he first kiss you - The same night we were watching the fireworks on the beach. We kissed at midnight for our official "New Years Kiss".

Alienor

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
i have been lurking for a long time and finally decided to register.
41.gif

How did he first ask you out:
The first day that we saw each other. He just looked me in the eyes and asked. :)

How did he first say I love you: It was over the phone. He then said that he wanted to wait till he met me in person but couldn''t wait so long.

How did he first kiss you: We kissed right after he asked me out. lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results