shape
carat
color
clarity

Highchair recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I''m on a baby gear buying spree, and now the last big item I have (for this stage) is the high chair. I know many PS ladies love the Boon, but it won''t work for me as it doesn''t blend in with our kitchen/dining room.

I''m leaning towards Peg Perego, Chicco and Graco (in that order).

Peg Perego is v. pricey, but has the "look" I like and some good reviews. However I also read that is very hard to clean.

Chicco is more reasonable and seems to cover form and function--but reviews are mixed.

Graco seems like a solid purchase, but some models appear flimsy.

Any feedback from moms who have these brands? Reviews are hard to judge since there will always be people who complain. Things that are important to me are comfort, ease of cleaning, subtle look and easy to store. Are there some great brands I''m missing?

Thanks!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's been years since high-chair days. . .if there are reviews saying a style is hard to clean STAY CLEAR! Even if the Peg Perego has the look you like now, it won't look nearly so fabulous covered in speghetti. I'm pretty sure I had a Graco and it worked just fine and was a breeze to clean! I wouldn't spend a lot because they get gross fast.

(With my kids, the only item I spent a lot on was my double stroller. . .I purchased a Peg Perego because it was very easy to manuver and it could be closed with one hand. It was around $400 dollars! Eh. Luckily I was able to sell it at a consignment shop.)

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any of these but the Baby Bargains book rates the Fisher Price Healthy Care High Chair very highly.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boon!
3.gif
27.gif
9.gif
I am no help but promise it is the easiest to clean and the coolest to look at.

ETA: we also have the Fisher Price Healthy Care booster seat and it is great. Perfect for restaurants or going to childless friend's houses.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the Peg Perego and hate it. seriously it is the ultimate pain to clean. my hubby actually tried to talk me out of it when were were registering for our baby shower. he had 2 bigger kids and said that we should get a solid wood one. He warned me that the PP would be hard to clean and I didn''t care. I loved how it looked and fell victim to the ratings. I wish I would have listened to him. If I had it to do over I would get a plain solid wood one. they make them now with the bar that sits b/t the baby''s legs so they won''t slide out. I actually just bought the fisher price booster and LOVE it. I use it in my house for Jake and don''t even use the big highchair at all anymore. I actually just cleaned it and it''s going to get donated
36.gif

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Even though we haven''t had the chance to use it yet, I registered for and received the Graco Contempo Highchair because it had great reviews. We''ve taken it out of the box and it folds up nicely and seems pretty easy to clean. I think it was around $130 and it comes in several different fabrics. I picked one that would go with our kitchen/dining area and that''s not too babyish.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The Boon Flair.
31.gif
It doesn''t have to go with your furniture.
25.gif
In all seriousness, I love how easy it is to clean, just have to wipe it down.

I was considering Peg Perego, Chicco Polly and Combi Hero, and was leaning toward the Chicco Polly b/c Baby Gizmo rated it as one of their top 5 (along with FP space saver, Stokke Tripp Trapp, Svan, and Boon Flair).

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. Looks like Peg perego is out...as nice as it looks, it sounds like a PITA to clean. I''ll take another look at the Boon--is that base as big as it looks?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 9:21:34 AM
Author: janinegirly
Thanks ladies. Looks like Peg perego is out...as nice as it looks, it sounds like a PITA to clean. I''ll take another look at the Boon--is that base as big as it looks?

janine-if you lived anywhere near me I''d give you my PP to try out. I would stay away from any highchair with fabric on it. It will get dirty and you''ll be taking it off and washing it all the time. even strapped in jake would manage to turn his face just the right way and cover the back with sweet potatos or squash etc. The boon is cool and looks super easy to clean which is a huge plus. I don''t have one but I don''t think they take up as much space as they appear to. I can understanding wanting something that goes with your decor though and I do think a reg. wood highchair would work just fine.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mrs Salvo. Our home is a little tight on space in the dining / kitchen and is also very traditional, so I thought maybe the Boon would look out of place, but everyone highly recommends it, so I''m going to take another look!

I think I''ll look at the wood ones too like you suggested--thanks! I also heard good things about FP, but can''t handle the rainforest motif--so shallow I know. Maybe I''ll see if they have other models.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
my sister has the graco wooden highchair and really likes it. they are tight on space too and actually have it set up in their kitchen where they usually feed their daughter. she also has the FP booster and has that set up in her dining room on one of the chairs. she said if she had it to do over she probably wouldn''t even get a highchair, she loves her booster that much. a friend of hers never even bought a highchair, just bought 2 of the FP boosters for her 2 boys who are 13 months apart. they are pretty easy to clean too and the trays go into the dishwasher which is really nice too!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 9:43:56 AM
Author: janinegirly
I also heard good things about FP, but can''t handle the rainforest motif--so shallow I know. Maybe I''ll see if they have other models.
I don''t love the rainforest motif either. We don''t have much space so we have the Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair, which turns into a toddler booster seat. So far we love it. Is C in a bumbo right now for feedings?

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
C is in her bugaboo stroller in upright position for feedings (I move the handle bar to the back). But now she can sit up more and I'd like to move onto finger foods soon, so she'll need a tray. I did buy a bumbo but she didn't take to it too well, so returned it.

The FP space saver looks great...I might eventually pick that up for grandma's. Sometimes I think I have enough gear for twins since I seem to be buying 2 of everything!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Janine, I'm a huge fan of the FP Space Saver. It's compact, easy on the eyes and a breeze to clean, plus it's not like it's an extra piece of furniture because it just attaches to one of your dining chairs.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=35236

For Grandma's, we have the FP Booster that mrssalvo has which is awesome and I'm probably going to get another one so each girl can have her own to use at my parents' house! It is portable and also extremely easy to clean and it grows with your child.
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=27475

Lucy is using the FP Space Saver at our house now and when Lily isn't sitting at her little table she uses this cute Prince Lionheart Booster Pod which also just attaches to one of our chairs. http://www.buybuybaby.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=117063&RN=7042&

Good luck, let us know what you pick. And don't get too stressed out over a highchair!
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We went with the Bloom Fresco - partly because you can use it from birth and so I''m hoping to get away without a bouncy chair or swing...

My second choice would have been the Stokke Tripp Trapp - I have the Xplory stroller and the Sleepi cot and the quality of their products is amazing. Lots of my friends have the Tripp Trapp and love it. We went to see DH''s cousin plus wife and 2 kids a few weeks ago and DH''s cousin was sitting on the Tripp Trapp - it really does grow with the child! It''s super easy to clean and you can get machine washable textiles for it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think the boon takes up that much space at all! Plus I love how I can wheel it around. Both my mom and my MIL has the FB Space saver and I love my boon WAY more. But I do see the appeal of the space saver. You are going to be using this A LOT so take your time and make sure you get the right one for you.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Ditto Tacori... the base of the boon hc looks big b/c it''s a solid base. IMO it doesn''t take up more room than any other hc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results