shape
carat
color
clarity

help??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
Ok, I''m interested in hearing some opinions and advice regarding weight loss...

I want to get down to 130-133 lbs, which is my ''fittest''. I am currently about 140-143 lbs, which fluctuates a lot lately.

I was doing Jillian Michaels dvd workouts (25 min. or 50 min. intense workouts), which is a combo of strength training and cardio. I was noticing that I wasn''t losing any weight, I was gaining weight! Bummer! I have gone back to power walking...so I''ll see how I do with that...and mix in the dvd''s 2x per week.

I am a vegetarian with a lot of stomach issues...meaning, I can''t eat a lot of foods that have protein. I start with oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast, snack on peanuts, have a soup for lunch, fruit, and can''t bear to eat dinner. I drink tea and might have fruit. This has a lot to do with stomach issues, not withholding food. I''m on medication currently and might even seek the help of a nutritionist. I average about 25-30gms of protein per day, which I think is about normal.

I drink a LOT of coffee, which I''m trying to introduce more water to my diet.

What the heck am I doing wrong???
8.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Princess

I think with your health issues it would be a good idea to seek the help of a qualified nutritionist. As you know, losing weight comes down to calorie intake, are you keeping track? If not it would be a good idea to do so as you might not be eating enough or getting too many, either will stop weight loss.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How much weight did you gain while doing the combo workout? You took into account muscle bulk which weighs more, right?

You should go into a nutritionist with your health issues and talk about options. Also, take a break from the coffee since that''s hard on your stomach.

I''m not sure what the "normal" amount of protein is for most people and what a person needs so that''s another reason to talk to a professional. FWIW, my protein intake is at least 60-70 grams per day which is a bit on the high-side however works well for me!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m betting some of what you gained on Jillian was muscle! I agree with Lorelei''s post 100% though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have no suggestions about your weight loss issues, but for someone who has GI issues, I would decrease the amount of coffee consumed to, well, almost zero. Major irritant. Hope you are seeking medical attention for the same to rule out anything potentially deliterious to your health.

cheers--Sharon

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2010 3:39:36 PM
Author:PrincessPeach
Ok, I'm interested in hearing some opinions and advice regarding weight loss...

I want to get down to 130-133 lbs, which is my 'fittest'. I am currently about 140-143 lbs, which fluctuates a lot lately.

I was doing Jillian Michaels dvd workouts (25 min. or 50 min. intense workouts), which is a combo of strength training and cardio. I was noticing that I wasn't losing any weight, I was gaining weight! Bummer! I have gone back to power walking...so I'll see how I do with that...and mix in the dvd's 2x per week.

I am a vegetarian with a lot of stomach issues...meaning, I can't eat a lot of foods that have protein. I start with oatmeal and blueberries for breakfast, snack on peanuts, have a soup for lunch, fruit, and can't bear to eat dinner. I drink tea and might have fruit. This has a lot to do with stomach issues, not withholding food. I'm on medication currently and might even seek the help of a nutritionist. I average about 25-30gms of protein per day, which I think is about normal.

I drink a LOT of coffee, which I'm trying to introduce more water to my diet.

What the heck am I doing wrong???
8.gif
I also have stomach problems and am under the care of a GI. Have you sought medical advice for your condition? I would also recommend working with a Registered Dietitian rather than a nutritionist. They have the training to help those of us with medical problems. I recently lost 12 pounds by following Weight Watchers online. It took me awhile, since I am sedentary due to other medical issues. DH has lost over 20 pounds during the same time frame, which is ~3.5 months. I have a speciality in working with eating disorders. I am not saying that you have one, but I routinely recommend getting medically cleared and a dietary consult/counseling, when there are medical problems involved.

ETA: Definitely wean yourself off the caffeine. That will play havoc with your stomach! Don't try to go cold turkey. Get some advice about stopping or reducing your caffeine intake safely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results