shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with veils!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys! I just got my dress, although it will be in ivory. I also got a tiara to match a necklace and our colors.

mywholedress.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
here is the tiara

tiaralove.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Here are the two veils I''m stuck between:

one with satin trim, in ivory, butterfly style

veilwithtrim.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Second with pencil edge, traditional style in ivory. I plan to wear the first layer as a blusher, over the tiara, and then pulled back after the "unveiling" cheesy, I know.

veilwithpencil.JPG

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Can you highlight the differences to us? Cause I''m having a hard time seeing from the pictures....

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sure!

The first one, the butterfly cut has the two tiers folded over and are cut and gathered only in the middle, leaving the sides to kind of flow around the shoulders. The trim is 1/8th of an inch of ivory satin.

The second one only has the matching ivory pencil edge stitched on the edges, and the two tiers are gathered together and attached to the comb so it falls straight.

And the pictures suck, sorry.
1.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...I think they would both look wonderful. I guess it comes down to personal preference. Is it possible to try either on with your dress?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I vote for the second, because the first seems a bit puffy. And GREAT dress choice...I love it!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Amber, your dress is beautiful!! I like both veils; it''s hard to pick. Do you have a preference? What will your hair look like? It seems like the second one goes best w/that sort of hair style so if you''re having something different, maybe that will help you decide. Tough choice but great dress! Congrats!!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second one better. The first one looks a little distracting to your face. You should try them on and post pics or ask a friend once it is tried on.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second one better. The first one looks a little distracting. You should try them on and post pics or ask a friend once it is tried on.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
hey guys! Well, since FI thinks it looks like a mullet if I wear it under an updo, I''m going to wear my hair half up and half down. I actually just bought an ebay veil, a cheapo one to see what I like. The first tier is 30" and the second is 36". The edges are now ivory pencil edges, and it''s an oval veil. I wish I could post the pic, but here''s the link. I can''t post the pic because I am STILL mac-picture disabled!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160077374943

Is this one okay? It has a super fullness, too. I don''t know why, but I like the full veil. Since the edge is thinner, I think it will look nice. I''ll post pics when the veil and the tiara are in!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I like the ebay one a lot more than the first you posted. It''s still full, but not too full.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the elegant simplicity of the second one. LOVE the dress too!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Amber,
I like the one from ebay. I think it''s very pretty. Can''t wait to see pics when you get it w/the tiara.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I vote for the second one as well. I think the band on the edge of the first one would be slightly distracting. Can''t wait to see pics withthe tiara!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful gown Amber!!!! I''m glad you found one that you love! Both of these veils look nice, but I''m a little partial to the second one I guess. I like how delicate and floaty it is, and it''s a nice length.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results