shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me plan 3 day weekend for $400

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! Kinda been MIA- just super ultra busy with the new job (lurve it) and school, been missin'' y''all though!

BFF and I want to take a trip for a girls weekend of rest and relaxation. I have no clue or no inspiration...Can anyone suggest some neat 3 night getaways for us????

PLEAZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEE?? lol

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
where do you live?
Up in the NW i would suggest going to canada, or victoria.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Austin (Riverwalk, etc), New Orleans, The gulf coast somewhere, Las Vegas

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 10:11:44 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Austin (Riverwalk, etc), New Orleans, The gulf coast somewhere, Las Vegas
I second Vegas. You can go pretty cheaply there and it''s fun!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never really feel rested and relaxed when I go to Vegas, but I agree it is a good option for a reasonable priced vacation. Just check hotel calendars -Caesar''s/Flamingo/Bally''s for example has their rates online scheduled on a calendar 3 months out and it gives you a good idea when there are no conventions in town which really jack up rates. I''d also splurge a bit and stay in a hotel with a nice pool...it will go a long way for that R&R feeling.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies. Just to be more specific it is $400 per person. I have seen a couple of mexico deals but they are sketchy at best. We don''t mind driving 5-10 hours to the destination- just have a problem with inspiration. Anyone done Hot Springs or somewhere in Tennessee?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Santa Fe, New Mexico ... or what''s that New Agey place ... Sedona? I thought Santa Fe was fun ... but it might not be so different than TX ... not sure (haven''t been anywhere in TX but Austin). If you go to Santa Fe check out Ten Thousand Waves!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always found Scottsdale to be really relaxing. One of the times I went there (appx 2 years ago), I went in May and the Four Seasons was only 119 a night.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 8:13:28 AM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Thanks ladies. Just to be more specific it is $400 per person. I have seen a couple of mexico deals but they are sketchy at best. We don''t mind driving 5-10 hours to the destination- just have a problem with inspiration. Anyone done Hot Springs or somewhere in Tennessee?
Gatlinburg, TN is pretty fun, very touristy with lots of tours and places to go and see. It is in the middle of the Smoky Mountians, so the location is beautiful! The room rates are affordable...and so is everything else!

The towns hosts about 3 or 4 Ripley Believe It or Not museums, and the aquarium is absolutely amazing. There are tons of little shops to explore on a centrally located strip, and about a million little candy stores...think: hand pulled taffy, homemade fudge. Oh, and Dollywood is there, too!

For being as "popular" as it is, it is still relaxing just because of the breathtaking location. You''re in the middle of the mountains! So you can absolutely get a glass of wine and just relax at your hotel.

And, if you''re feeling like having an adventure...many of the towns leading into Gatlinburg have little farmers markets, petting zoos, and other road side stands.

If you''re looking for an inexpensive but still fun getaway, I''d surely consider this as an option...here is a link to more specific information!

http://www.gatlinburg.com/default.asp

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we just booked a 4 day, 3 night trip to a 5 star resort & spa in Scottsdale for $410 per person, includes airfare and hotel. there are some crazy deals out there right now depending on where you are.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:56:01 PM
Author: Mara
we just booked a 4 day, 3 night trip to a 5 star resort & spa in Scottsdale for $410 per person, includes airfare and hotel. there are some crazy deals out there right now depending on where you are.

OMG Mara please share where you found that deal - that sounds AMAZING. I agree - I''ve been finding some amazing deals recently - I like Travelzoo for looking, but wherever Mara''s looking sounds pretty amazing too
2.gif
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 12:56:01 PM
Author: Mara
I was gonna suggest scottdale, but it always seemed like a pricey destination to me. That''s a great deal Mara!

IWPO, I hate them, but a lot of people like those "booze cruises" that leave from LA and go to ensenada.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Cruises are really inexpensive right now (I saw $130-199 prices recently). It''s relaxing, includes all food, and there are usually nightclubs. I went for graduation and it was really fun and inexpensive.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha well i procrastinated forever on booking, but i booked through orbitz yesterday.

both expedia and orbitz turned off fees on flights so that is free now. also orbitz has a bunch of coupons out there for certain destinations, the one i used was just $75 off a 3 day trip...you can google and find it. expedia had a $100 off 4 nights but when i tried to use it, it did not work so not sure if it was expired or what.

but check out orbitz for scottsdale and phoenix for hotel and flight, there were a TON of places that were even cheaper like $300 per person. but we wanted the 5 star treatment and we like kind of funky places, there are a lot of options.

only downer is that our place is like WAY out of the way so we have to get a car which will be like $200 for 3 days, but there are a lot of resort places closer that shuttle you in PHX and Scottsdale...so if you don't want to drive at all, check those out too.

and depending on where you are, US airways has a huge PHX hub so the airfare was super cheap from CA...like southwest airlines pricing. and we got DIRECT flights so it's just 1.5 hours on the plane and then we are in resort land. yay. good luck!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Mara - that sounds awesome. The deals have been insane lately. DH and I went away in February and we managed to get the most amazing deal at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn and Spa - it was like $179 a night (normally like $400), and it came with free access to the (amazing) spa, and free cocktails in the lounge every night, along with other perks. It was so amazing I think I might be convert to luxury/spa vacays ( I know, there''s a shocker, right?
20.gif
3.gif
).

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
What about South father island.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results